New car discount/price/promo

coldboy1357

What I notice when i go Merc/BMW/Audi showrroms is that their price on price list is so high but actually there is huge discounts almost all the time. For merc is often in the form of overtrade. So I thought I would share some discounts that I know.

Of coz it is updated all the time so maybe the bros here can share what you have heard so it is easier for ppl to have an idea before heading down to the show room. I shall start first:

CLA: 173,888, 8k overtrade and 3k service credit

520i business: 242,800, 10k overtrade

E-class and S-class got 10k COE discount or high COE rebate at 76k

VW Jetta: 118,800

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I went to see Honda Mobilio today. Price is $125k base and $127k. Over trade $4k for any car. They said is new launch promotion. 5 yrs warranty. No free servicing.

• Praise 1

TS , your discount for merc and bmw i think on the low side

Thanks for the heads up. That is the purpose of the thread. So that ppl know when they can get better discount =) Care to share your info?

btw, Volvo having disc this weekend. V40 D2 from 119,999, but Non-guaranteed COE. S60 D2 from 139,999, also Non-guaranteed COE.

I went to see Honda Mobilio today. Price is $125k base and $127k. Over trade $4k for any car. They said is new launch promotion. 5 yrs warranty. No free servicing.

thanks for sharing bro!

Other than discounts sometimes you can bargain for coe package upgrade. Nowadays some ADs have diff prices for non guaranteed or x bids guranteed pkg.

When I bought a sylphy recently, the SE offered the 6 bids non guranteed price and bump me to 6 bids guranteed. A few days later when I was ready to commit, I propose to bump me to 2 bids guranteed and I will sign on the spot. I wanted the car quick cos hate waiting when I commited Liao. SE agreed and I got my coe within 1 bid. Car was ready stock of cos.

Edited by Columbian78
  • Praise 2

SE told me they anticipate cat A will drop $10k in near future, that is why they only commit 12 units for S60 D2 at this promo price. true or not, I just take it with a pinch of salt.

btw, Volvo having disc this weekend. V40 D2 from 119,999, but Non-guaranteed COE. S60 D2 from 139,999, also Non-guaranteed COE.

Edited by Jp66
  • Praise 1

Volvo ads always lots of gimmick ... haha

Thanks for the heads up. That is the purpose of the thread. So that ppl know when they can get better discount =) Care to share your info?

thanks for sharing bro!

• Praise 3

This is nothing new lah. Let you have an idea of the whole picture is like.... It worked well back in the past with the 30%downpayment & 70% loan but now is either 40%/60% or 50%/50%. Read on...

http://transport.asiaone.com/news/general/story/car-dealers-dangle-overtrades-ease-downpayments?page=0%2C0

Christopher Tan | The Straits Times | Monday, Aug 19, 2013

SINGAPORE - The "overtrade" is back.

The practice - in which motor firms offer substantially higher trade-in rates for used cars than market prices - was rampant in the 1990s when the Government first curbed car loans.

Now, as before, the overtrade is designed to help car buyers offset the high downpayment they have to make after new loan restrictions were introduced six months ago.

It works like this: A buyer of a new $100,000 car will have to fork out at least $40,000 for downpayment.

In the "overtrade" plan, the seller adjusts the car price to $110,000. But it also offers the buyer $10,000 more than what his trade-in car is worth.

The downpayment for the new car may now be $44,000, but the buyer already has an extra $10,000 cash in hand. So effectively, he only has to come up with $34,000 more.

Overtrades currently range from a few thousand dollars to $50,000, with Mercedes-Benz and BMW models among those attracting the highest rates.

Toyota agent Borneo Motors is offering a $16,000 overtrade for its Camry, and $8,000 for the Corolla.

Cycle & Carriage offers overtrades of up to $10,000 for its range of Citroen and Kia models. The firm is also offering an overtrade of $22,000 for its Mercedes-Benz E-class, one of its most popular models.

BMW agent Performance Motors is said to be offering the highest overtrades in town now.

Besides helping customers with downpayments, overtrades can also mask sizeable discounts which could upset customers who had purchased at higher prices not long ago.

For instance, a recent promotion brought the price of the popular BMW 520i down to around $216,000, from a list price of $247,800.

This was believed to include a $30,000 overtrade, introduced to clear stock for the arrival of the facelifted 5-series, which starts from $257,800.

In the 1990s, motor firms were largely able to overcome the government-stipulated 30 per cent downpayment with overtrade.

But with the latest measures restricting loans to no more than 60 per cent of the car's purchase price - it is 50 per cent for higher-end models - observers said overtrades may not be as effective as they were in the past.

To fully offset the hefty downpayment, "the selling price will have to be inflated to a ridiculous level", a trader said. "And the banks will not approve loans for such inflated prices."

Now you know, in actual fact they make you pay more dan you should. Take up more loan and pay more interest. What for?

• Praise 3

how much? 10K?

i think either 3k or 8k

they do have the price list and discount list if u drive lexus

the most that give discount should be jaguar, for a XJ they would give 30-40k discount

wow! Toyota worth only $1k for loyalty [thumbsdown]

i think either 3k or 8k

they do have the price list and discount list if u drive lexus

the most that give discount should be jaguar, for a XJ they would give 30-40k discount

1st time buying car?

list price high high then give discount, overtrade, simi voucher, simi free servicing, etc

it's the standard modus operandi la

What I notice when i go Merc/BMW/Audi showrroms is that their price on price list is so high but actually there is huge discounts almost all the time. For merc is often in the form of overtrade. So I thought I would share some discounts that I know.

Of coz it is updated all the time so maybe the bros here can share what you have heard so it is easier for ppl to have an idea before heading down to the show room. I shall start first:

CLA: 173,888, 8k overtrade and 3k service credit

520i business: 242,800, 10k overtrade

E-class and S-class got 10k COE discount or high COE rebate at 76k

VW Jetta: 118,800

overtrade is the open secret that govt ASSUME the trade in car price is reasonable.

govt ASSUME dealer always have buyers interest and will not screw them on the COE

and to buy cheaply we all ASSUME PI like Volks Auto give good pricing

muahahahhaha

Edited by Wt_know
  • Dislike 1