New car discount/price/promo

coldboy1357

3 hours ago, Terence2112 said:

Yes, the Volvo S60 T4M looks like a damm good deal. But I wonder why? Not sellable? 

OMV is on the high side as well. At this rate, there’s no profit for the AD? 

Service is expensive and not as reliable as other contis... parts are also expensive...

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
(edited)
3 hours ago, raikko said:

VW GTI - 148k nett now, just wanted to share out here. 🙂

used to be with Oettinger kit. Is that still the price of 148K?

Golf GTI 2.0 TSI^
CO2 Emissions: 151 g/km
VES Banding: B
NETT Price: $161,900

Edited by Sdf4786k

Twincharged
18 hours ago, firefly20 said:

Based on SGCarMart figures, the basic cost of the S60 T4 M is $123K and it's now retailing for $129K with 5 years free servicing and guaranteed COE with rebate at $20K. I was told that it used to retail at $165-170K when it first launched in Aug last year.

So for bargain hunters like me, this looks like a good deal. It is a 2l, 4-cylinder TC car after all.

its 92k without COE. so with a rebate of 20k they can earn a maximum of 17k per car or 6k is coe remains the same. that's a huge difference from past, where it is easily 30k/car. wonder why?

21 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Audi promo.

1) Audi A3 sportsback $99,999.00

2) Audi A4 Sedan $134,999.00

plus others.

This your price? or PA price?

Last time u posted, everyone thought it was PA promo price till u clarified that it was your wishful price[:)]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

Supercharged
6 minutes ago, Spring said:

Last time u posted, everyone thought it was PA promo price till u clarified that it was your wishful price[:)]

PA price.

Also got Q2... $102,999.00. or 104k. i cant recall.

• Praise 3

28 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Audi promo.

plus others.

This is more like it..before CB it is already 139K w/o optional items..but only 5K off still not enough leh...I think 119K maybe can consider

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Busker888 said:

This is more like it..before CB it is already 139K w/o optional items..but only 5K off still not enough leh...I think 119K maybe can consider

Yup. 5k is nothing. Cut at least 10k then can talk. If Volvo can do it.let see what the rest does. 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Spring said:

Yalor, cheat our feeling.

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Terence2112 said:

Yes, the Volvo S60 T4M looks like a damm good deal. But I wonder why? Not sellable? 

OMV is on the high side as well. At this rate, there’s no profit for the AD? 

I didn't bother to ask my SE and I know he can only give me politically correct answers which I have to discount by 50%. So no point asking. 

Well it could be for a myriad of reasons such as reduce stockholding cost, achieve better discounts from manufacturer by hitting targets (I understand that OMV is not really the price that the manufacturer sells to the AD), earn back later thru servicing and even a more morbid reason - service centres can earn a fair bit from accident repairs. I mean one bumper can be $x000, another sensor $x00 and so on. The more cars dealers sell (not just for Wearnes), the higher the probability of accident repairs (touch wood!).

Anyway I'm driving an existing Volvo that have served me well over the last 7+ years (only 1 day downtime so far) so I've no qualms getting a new one.

4 hours ago, Spurman said:

Audi promo.

plus others.

$99,999 looks good. I mean the Altis Elegance is around that price too.

Between the 2, I would choose the A3 bcoz I want to pretend I'm not ah pek.

2 hours ago, Spurman said:

Well. Maybe in june when sales still meh. Can see 124k for a4.

Maybe onie.

Prob coe 5k 10k

clearing stock. new model is incoming. buyers beware. but new a4 local version i think is 150hp, mild hybrid same engine as the new a5

4 hours ago, firefly20 said:

I didn't bother to ask my SE and I know he can only give me politically correct answers which I have to discount by 50%. So no point asking. 

Well it could be for a myriad of reasons such as reduce stockholding cost, achieve better discounts from manufacturer by hitting targets (I understand that OMV is not really the price that the manufacturer sells to the AD), earn back later thru servicing and even a more morbid reason - service centres can earn a fair bit from accident repairs. I mean one bumper can be $x000, another sensor $x00 and so on. The more cars dealers sell (not just for Wearnes), the higher the probability of accident repairs (touch wood!).

Anyway I'm driving an existing Volvo that have served me well over the last 7+ years (only 1 day downtime so far) so I've no qualms getting a new one.

I was looking for a replacement for my 9 year old Volvo S80. Too bad during Jan the pricing wasn’t that fantastic so I didn’t consider any Volvo. In the end I traded in for a smaller car -A4 2.0T

I didn’t faced any problems with the S80 nor has the car broken down on me before. Volvo seats are good and I had an incident in NSHW that makes me realize why Volvos are so safe and how strong the car body is.

Here comes negative - Volvo’s FC isn’t great. I expect the S60 T4 to return 8km/L in comparison to my A4 13+ km/L.

Volvo servicing and parts aren’t cheap, and 3rd party workshops are limited. It’s service center used to be excellent many years back, but over the years their standard drop quite abit.

If only the Volvo had priced their car better when I was looking to change my car. I would have seriously consider the S60 as it’s a newer model, new technology, large in interior space and also for it’s safety.

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, Spurman said:

PA price.

Also got Q2... $102,999.00. or 104k. i cant recall.

Wah bro, the last time you got me excited and later you told me it was your wish price. haha.

A3 and Q2 pricing look attractive. Any idea what were the prices before CB? How much discount is that?

3 hours ago, Ginyu said:

Howcome new car prices on SGCM are not updated?

usually promo price don't update, so that they can tell buyers that we are giving $XX,XXX discount now.  

↡ Advertisement