New car discount/price/promo

coldboy1357

1 hour ago, Roh96 said:

Wah bro, the last time you got me excited and later you told me it was your wish price. haha.

A3 and Q2 pricing look attractive. Any idea what were the prices before CB? How much discount is that?

Errr ... look at SGCM price now? since it was mentioned that it is not updated, so presumably it might be the price before CB

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Pooty said:

Hi, did anyone register for the 2GC secret deal?

No, did you?

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Roh96 said:

Wah bro, the last time you got me excited and later you told me it was your wish price. haha.

A3 and Q2 pricing look attractive. Any idea what were the prices before CB? How much discount is that?

FYI, my friend sent me a forwarded message from AUDI SG.

Now till 1st June,

A3Sb: $133221
Now: $99999

A3Sedan: $136460
Now: $104999

A4 Sedan: $188016
Now: $134999

Q2: $140776
Now: $109999

Q5: $241200
Now: $193999

Terms n conditons applies

Loan min 5opar/ 5yrs. 2.15int

Have trad in,

in house ins thingy

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Now till 1st June,

Have trad in,

in house ins thingy

Thanks for the info.

May I know if Audi 7 speed S tronic GB is the same as VW 7 speed DSG found in Golf?

Supercharged
8 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

Thanks for the info.

May I know if Audi 7 speed S tronic GB is the same as VW 7 speed DSG found in Golf?

I dunno. Can google around.

I assume Audi A4 is wet clutch one and Q3 and A6 wet ones also.

VW golf, prob lower end models r dry clutches one.

33 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

Thanks for the info.

They are different. 

VW 7 speed DSG found in the Golf is the DQ200 transversely mounted dry clutch GB. 

Audi 7 speed S-tronic found in the A4 is the DL382 longitudinally mounted wet clutch GB. 

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Now till 1st June,

Have trad in,

in house ins thingy

Tks for the info! 
I always question why Audi is perhaps the only AD in Singapore selling HB/SB cheaper than its sedan equivalent (A3)?

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Roh96 said:

Thanks for the info.

I think A4 dsg is wet clutch. The dry clutch one has a limit on torque but can't remember the number. A4 torque is 320Nm

(edited)
1 hour ago, Lotr said:

I think A4 dsg is wet clutch. The dry clutch one has a limit on torque but can't remember the number. A4 torque is 320Nm

I suppose A4 and A3 use different GB although both are called 7 sp S tronic.

I am actually looking at A3 spec. Not sure if it is the same as that in Golf and Polo.

I read somewhere, the 7 DSG dry in Golf can take up to 250Nm, and A3 spec falls within the limit. 

Edited by Roh96

42 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

I am actually looking at A3 spec. Not sure if it is the same as that in Golf and Polo.

I read somewhere, the 7 DSG dry in Golf can take up to 250Nm, and A3 spec falls within the limit. 

Could be 250Nm. 1.8L Passat also using dry dsg, torque 250Nm

(edited)

max 250Nm = DQ200 = DRY 

51 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

based on google A1 and A3 which are considered the lowest entry level from Audi probably uses VW gearbox ...

A4/A5 and above uses Audi gearbox

max 250Nm = DQ200 = DRY = need KY ! lol

Edited by Wt_know

4 hours ago, Spurman said:

Now till 1st June,

Have trad in,

in house ins thingy

ahhh…..so they will take back from the trade in. be prepared for paper value. 

On 5/26/2020 at 1:59 PM, Wt_know said:

$139K is pre-CB and pre-Covid leh ... 

no $109K no talk? lol

Is hope for $99k realistic? Lol. A4 all in spec for $99k.

• Haha! 2

56 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

max 250Nm = DQ200 = DRY 

based on google A1 and A3 which are considered the lowest entry level from Audi probably uses VW gearbox ...

A4/A5 and above uses Audi gearbox

max 250Nm = DQ200 = DRY = need KY ! lol

Ai yo...when are they going to dump away that DQ200? I have heard enough stories about dry clutch, both from a friend and my mechanics. Disappointed to know A3 is using DQ200. I wont touch a dry DSG.

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

Ai yo...when are they going to dump away that DQ200? I have heard enough stories about dry clutch, both from a friend and my mechanics. Disappointed to know A3 is using DQ200. I wont touch a dry DSG.

I watched some videos about the correct way to handle a vehicle with a dry clutch. It's not advisable to creep forward at the traffic lights as the short distance won't allow the plates to fully engage which will then result in premature wear and tear of the plates.

That's something that I won't get used to bcoz I'm someone who likes to creep forward every time space in front opens up. So in the end, I stay away from such vehicles.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, firefly20 said:

I watched some videos about the correct way to handle a vehicle with a dry clutch. It's not advisable to creep forward at the traffic lights as the short distance won't allow the plates to fully engage which will then result in premature wear and tear of the plates.

That's something that I won't get used to bcoz I'm someone who likes to creep forward every time space in front opens up. So in the end, I stay away from such vehicles.

yes. not just dry clutch but it's DSG ....

must learn how to drive DSG

either leave a bigger gap move smoothly or push to manual setting so that DSG dont shift up/down up/down up/down too much and caused dry clutch overheat

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

18 hours ago, Flameblade said:

I was looking for a replacement for my 9 year old Volvo S80. Too bad during Jan the pricing wasn’t that fantastic so I didn’t consider any Volvo. In the end I traded in for a smaller car -A4 2.0T

I didn’t faced any problems with the S80 nor has the car broken down on me before. Volvo seats are good and I had an incident in NSHW that makes me realize why Volvos are so safe and how strong the car body is.

Here comes negative - Volvo’s FC isn’t great. I expect the S60 T4 to return 8km/L in comparison to my A4 13+ km/L.

Volvo servicing and parts aren’t cheap, and 3rd party workshops are limited. It’s service center used to be excellent many years back, but over the years their standard drop quite abit.

If only the Volvo had priced their car better when I was looking to change my car. I would have seriously consider the S60 as it’s a newer model, new technology, large in interior space and also for it’s safety.

Yah, I know where you're coming from. Fuel efficiency is definitely not the strong pt of this brand, nor are the AD servicing cheap.

But the seats are very comfortable though. Mine comes with Nappa leather which are just nice for my fat bum. And the braking power is just superb.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1