New car discount/price/promo

coldboy1357

Neutral Newbie

Hello All,  What is the best price for audi Q3 that we can ask for now. Please PM me.

↡ Advertisement

On 8/4/2020 at 8:56 PM, Passion said:

Mercedes also selling their e class at 220k. Effective price I mean... 34k minus off listed price. 

How come mercs always have huge amount minus off from the listed price de?

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Su lang mai su seh. Merc is a prestige brand, list price cannot go down. But when you enquire, it’s your car value increase, not their product decrease in price. You should know what I mean now right 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, 13177 said:

The premium brands list price is ridiculously high. Likely they do this so as to not hv the need to adjust prices when COE fluctuates and also to keep previous buyers happy when COE drops. Their discounts is thru OT and indirect rebates like service credits, insurance rebates and even few free installments occasionally amongst other ways.

U need to be in the loop to know when is a good time to strike but it's difficult unless u hv an SE who constantly updates u as periodically they hv offers which are better than norm ie when principal supports them with bigger rebates, end of life models, events etc.

OT is an indirect form of discount so nothing to get carried away with and I pity B&B SEs who are sometimes told off by ignorant buyers why Benz, BMW can give so good prices on their Used Cars. Simple isn't it? They mark up their list price so high so obviously can give better prices for Used Cars. A case of LPPL simply.

• Praise 8

8 minutes ago, Spring said:

OT is an indirect form of discount so nothing to get carried away with and I pity B&B SEs who are sometimes told off by ignorant buyers why Benz, BMW can give so good prices on their Used Cars. Simple isn't it? They mark up their list price so high so obviously can give better prices for Used Cars. A case of LPPL simply.

just like you go a workshop to install exhaust, coilover and after market rims

workshop tell you ... sell you sibei cheap liao ... earn labour only ... almost no profit from the aftermarket

every business has it tricks and pattern more than badminton

we have to be savvy and not kena smoked

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Spring said:

The premium brands list price is ridiculously high. Likely they do this so as to not hv the need to adjust prices when COE fluctuates and also to keep previous buyers happy when COE drops. Their discounts is thru OT and indirect rebates like service credits, insurance rebates and even few free installments occasionally amongst other ways.

U need to be in the loop to know when is a good time to strike but it's difficult unless u hv an SE who constantly updates u as periodically they hv offers which are better than norm ie when principal supports them with bigger rebates, end of life models, events etc.

Sounds like pricing at mercs quite complicated hor, think too atas and high level for a peasant like me to know and understand?! [:p]

• Haha! 1

So far did not notice any price increases after the last round of bidding. At least for the models in my shortlist.

Anyone noticed anything different?

26 minutes ago, Lotr said:

So far did not notice any price increases after the last round of bidding. At least for the models in my shortlist.

Shld be updated latest by today for the weekend showroom crowd. Normally they will take a day or 2 from the COE close which was Wednesday. I believe there shld be some price increase for Cat B cars but not the premium ones who as I mentioned don't change their prices but change their OT and other indirect rebates/discounts accordingly instead. 

• Praise 6

On 8/7/2020 at 10:30 AM, Lotr said:

Amazingly Singapore..COE still up. I can see dealers reducing their profit margin as actual price stays despite the COE increment

Of course list price goes up in line w COE increase

Neutral Newbie
On 8/6/2020 at 11:28 PM, AudiQ3 said:

Hello All,  What is the best price for audi Q3 that we can ask for now. Please PM me.

hoping anyone has good deal to share?

Anyone has a Renault Zoe car? I am currently doing a research study on it but I need the chassis number. I am willing to offer monetary compensation to anyone who can provide me the chassis number.

2 hours ago, Vinxuen said:

I'm going to get my first car. It should cost in the range of 80k to 100k. I'm just wondering if it will be better to pay 100% cash or get car loan. Any advice for a newbie?

What are some of the assessories that i can bargain to get a freebie?

Thanks in advance.

If you have the financial prowess, then best is take minimum loan (AD will mandate XXk minimum loan to get a certain big discount) at minimum tenor. This will mean you pay least amount of interest.

For example 50k loan at 1 year tenor.

Accessories depends on which car and which dealer. usually nowadays they already throw in Solar film and car cam. You can try for car mats.

3 hours ago, Vinxuen said:

I'm going to get my first car. It should cost in the range of 80k to 100k. I'm just wondering if it will be better to pay 100% cash or get car loan. Any advice for a newbie?

Thanks in advance.

U ask this question in MCF, it will be full cash.

Thanks in advance.

there is usually discount & more stuff thrown in, if you take loan (the dealer & sales will get commission from finance company).

so do your sums to weigh interest cost vs opportunity cost vs discount+"freebies"

Thanks in advance.

I learned.  Best to have the money for the car in the bank.  But take loan.

Reason? Unless you have a lot of cash reserves, its better to have cash on hand.  Cos let's say you are suddenly short of cash for a while.  You will lose a lot a lot of money selling the car cos in desperation you sell at a lower price than you could have gotten.  Or like circuit breaker when no one is buying or selling.  If u r cash rich with a car loan, you could tide over the period for a while then go back to  normal but if u have no cash, a fully paid car is not going to buy you a meal.

If you have cash reserves then go ahead.  The thing is don't drain your savings to pay full cash.  And of cos when you buy a car, make sure you have savings in the first place in case of unforeseen circumstances like retrenchment etc.

• Praise 1

How is that so? 
Car loan is based on rule of 78 in Sg, the more u borrow the more u lose compared to someone who did not take loan or minimum loan

Unless the money u reserved is making more than 4-5% interest... then only balance out

enlighten us...

↡ Advertisement