New car discount/price/promo

coldboy1357

why do ppl even get interested by all these discount gimmicks. they mark up the car price and then give you a discount, like that also shiok?

just look at this https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/dam/onemotoring/Buying/Car_Cost_Update/M032-Car_Cost_Update.pdf and you will know whats the profit margin of each AD and where your discounts come from. 

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
7 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Here.  I circled it.

20201003_170205.jpg

Did you go to KM to check or ask SE through phone? I went down 3 weeks ago and was offered 2k off list price. Now maybe no longer consider early bird purchase...

• Shocked 1

On 10/1/2020 at 8:52 PM, LRS said:

XC60 T6

Burned the 5k Volvo voucher...to get the polestar tuneup , 3m solar wrap, in car camera and a extra key.....sound a bit gimmick zzzz....

What do you mean by extra key ? Volvo only come with 1 key or you asked for third  key ? 

Edited by Ct3833

14 hours ago, ferrytales said:

why do ppl even get interested by all these discount gimmicks. they mark up the car price and then give you a discount, like that also shiok?

just look at this https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/dam/onemotoring/Buying/Car_Cost_Update/M032-Car_Cost_Update.pdf and you will know whats the profit margin of each AD and where your discounts come from. 

There are some not so intelligent people that will fall for such tricks. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
14 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

What do you mean by extra key ? Volvo only come with 1 key or you asked for third  key ? 

It comes with 2 key and one so call sports key by default...where u use it when go running etc....but yeah I asked for an extra one lol

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 10/3/2020 at 6:01 PM, ferrytales said:

Thats why I said it's secondary lor....but just find it interesting that all these AD like to chui such stun to lure people.....anyone with some sort of sense will just eye roll at these offer lol

1 hour ago, LRS said:

Thats why I said it's secondary lor....but just find it interesting that all these AD like to chui such stun to lure people.....anyone with some sort of sense will just eye roll at these offer lol

Actually not really lei.  For me la.  Yea the discounts can lure me into the shop but at the end of the day, the price must be right based on downpayment plus monthly installments.

My baseline is $81999 based on pre covid-19 price of the City but in view of all the biscuits I have eaten and the coffee I have drunk, I think I can accept any price below $90k and of cos the fact that I have been talking about this since 2018.  There is a limit to how much I can talk about the car before either I purchase or give up (or like the manual accent, it is the last few units for sale so buy now or forever hold your peace).

So yea I want to calculate to make sure I get the best deal though my ex boss did tell me she see me spend time calculating this and that and so she knows my capability and ability to plan but never see me work half as hard at my work...... :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Actually not really lei.  For me la.  Yea the discounts can lure me into the shop but at the end of the day, the price must be right based on downpayment plus monthly installments.

My baseline is $81999 based on pre covid-19 price of the City but in view of all the biscuits I have eaten and the coffee I have drunk, I think I can accept any price below $90k and of cos the fact that I have been talking about this since 2018.  There is a limit to how much I can talk about the car before either I purchase or give up (or like the manual accent, it is the last few units for sale so buy now or forever hold your peace).

So yea I want to calculate to make sure I get the best deal though my ex boss did tell me she see me spend time calculating this and that and so she knows my capability and ability to plan but never see me work half as hard at my work...... :D

This was also one of the cars I was considering end August. I think the price quoted then was 88-89k? With financing and inhouse insurance if I'm not mistaken. 

I remembered that it was not too far off the Civic price, and thinking at the price they were quoting might as well get the Civic at 95k 

Side note, I didn't notice any biscuits in the KM showroom. But they were quite nice to let us test drive the jazz and civic even though we were clear we werent gonna buy anytime soon. none really caught our eye except maybe civic (we felt it was quite wide and harder to drive).    

2 minutes ago, tjyand said:

Side note, I didn't notice any biscuits in the KM showroom. But they were quite nice to let us test drive the jazz and civic even though we were clear we werent gonna buy anytime soon. none really caught our eye except maybe civic (we felt it was quite wide and harder to drive).    

Near the rear sofas unless they removed it liao...

I won't buy the civic.  It's too low for me.  I just can't get used to getting into the car and sitting inside it just felt too low to the road.  No I did not test drive it cos I dont test drive (as in bring out to the road) cars I have zero interest in.

On 10/3/2020 at 6:01 PM, ferrytales said:

actually got anyone take this pdf go and squeeze the SE before?

14 hours ago, wlalala said:

what to squeeze ... demand is higher than supply ... COE cheong higher and higher [sweatdrop] 

SE will say ... take it or leave it ... plenty of people cheonging to buy car now 

Edited by Wt_know

On 10/4/2020 at 8:12 PM, LRS said:

It comes with 2 key and one so call sports key by default...where u use it when go running etc....but yeah I asked for an extra one lol

Used to have the sports key for the XC90 which is a USB-lookalike key and waterproof. Thus very convenient to carry that when doing sports. Similarly, the key card or the digital key from BMW is super convenient too for similar purpose.

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, wlalala said:

Even though we know the profit margin, one single buyer does not have much bargaining power.  If the sales is doing well, the AD won't cut price since this is always a pool of buyers. 

Better to shortlist a few cars and monitor for any discounts e.g year end sales, when AD will cut margins to hit sales target.  Of course this will may have a downside if COE trends up.

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

Even though we know the profit margin, one single buyer does not have much bargaining power.  If the sales is doing well, the AD won't cut price since this is always a pool of buyers. 

Better to shortlist a few cars and monitor for any discounts e.g year end sales, when AD will cut margins to hit sales target.  Of course this will may have a downside if COE trends up.

just like rolex give 5% discount for their sport model watch you better take it immediately ... chop chop 

because it never gives ... 

Edited by Wt_know

On 10/24/2020 at 12:04 AM, wlalala said:

That question is like asking what’s makes a good politician 😆 

• Praise 1

On 10/24/2020 at 12:04 AM, wlalala said:

Don't have to bring it to show SE. Just know their bottomline and your own bottomline. If it does not meet urs, just walk away. Also need to let the AD earn some decent margins. You wouldn't want the AD to collapse after you bought the car like the previous Daewoo dealer and you are left hanging for your warranty. AD also has commission, rental, storage etc etc as their SG&A. 

On 10/4/2020 at 9:52 PM, Philipkee said:

Near the rear sofas unless they removed it liao...

I won't buy the civic.  It's too low for me.  I just can't get used to getting into the car and sitting inside it just felt too low to the road.  No I did not test drive it cos I dont test drive (as in bring out to the road) cars I have zero interest in.

No time to test drive bcoz too busy eating biscuits? So how's your new City?

I'm same as you. I won't test drive a car I'm not interested in (same principle for dating a gal, you too?)

I drove my bro's Civic 1.5T before. It was a nice drive. The CVT didn't feel draggy like a normal CVT the way that the Cross felt to me.

↡ Advertisement