New car discount/price/promo

coldboy1357

2 hours ago, firefly20 said:

No time to test drive bcoz too busy eating biscuits? So how's your new City?

I'm same as you. I won't test drive a car I'm not interested in (same principle for dating a gal, you too?)

Dating a girl I am not interested in? Depends on how you define dating.  Usually dinners and such dont count as dating to me.  But you must also realise in my profession (nursing)and when i was in the hospital, if I dont go out with girls, I might as well be a hikkimori (correct term?).

My new city so far not bad.  Drive is smooth and quiet.  The keyless entry is really convenient.  I used to wonder how to check if the door is locked since if you tug the handle to test it, it will auto unlock.  I then realise just try the back doors can liao.  Can smack my head why I never think of this earlier :D

Acceleration is slow but I am gentle on accelerator.  Just slowly accelerate.  Usually rpm less than 2000.

The engine sounds a bit "funny". Its not spoilt or something but the past three years I have been driving manual and manual have this mechanical and rough sound when moving.  This sound is not present in auto.  Getting used to it.

Do I prefer my accent vs the city? I am neutral but lately the city price went up so I guess it was lucky I made the move.  Though who knows what will happen next year.

I will be going for my first servicing next monday.  I will be doing it at ubi instead of the one at Alexandra.   Will compare biscuits and coffee..

Edited by Philipkee
↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, firefly20 said:

No time to test drive bcoz too busy eating biscuits?

I know I wanted the city. When I go to Honda showroom I will go straight to the coffee machine and biscuit area.  When the SE came to attend to me I will just quote my SE name (the one who attended to me when I did my first test drive in the city in 2018). Then they will back off cos apparently they don't poach other SE customer.

Then I will hope he is not in cos if he is, he will have to come to attend to me, while I am munching away.....

• Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I know I wanted the city. When I go to Honda showroom I will go straight to the coffee machine and biscuit area.  When the SE came to attend to me I will just quote my SE name (the one who attended to me when I did my first test drive in the city in 2018). Then they will back off cos apparently they don't poach other SE customer.

Then I will hope he is not in cos if he is, he will have to come to attend to me, while I am munching away.....

U wanted to buy city but biscuit and coffee is the priority😂

• Haha! 2

The key to bargaining is one’s willingness to walk away and of course if the AD is willing to reduce their margin in order to hit their yearly sales quota/ commitment to their principal. Do your due diligence on the past pricing of the vehicle in line with COE changes as well.

Do not be entice by the following

COE sure go up etc etc

Price is only valid for this weekend etc

Free/ paid offer for upgrade to guaranteed COE (if the AD/ PI wants to close and finalise the sale, they die die will have to secure your COE even if its non-guaranteed)

thats all i can think of currently, having trouble falling asleep 😅

On 10/4/2020 at 9:39 PM, Philipkee said:

Actually not really lei.  For me la.  Yea the discounts can lure me into the shop but at the end of the day, the price must be right based on downpayment plus monthly installments.

My baseline is $81999 based on pre covid-19 price of the City but in view of all the biscuits I have eaten and the coffee I have drunk, I think I can accept any price below $90k and of cos the fact that I have been talking about this since 2018.  There is a limit to how much I can talk about the car before either I purchase or give up (or like the manual accent, it is the last few units for sale so buy now or forever hold your peace).

So yea I want to calculate to make sure I get the best deal though my ex boss did tell me she see me spend time calculating this and that and so she knows my capability and ability to plan but never see me work half as hard at my work...... :D

wah like that ah, did you simulate if you will to buy a Merc or BMW at say 200k, how many times  will you  have to go into their showroom to eat free biscuit before you will place a booking?  I think will be a daily trip , not after a few decades. 

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

wah like that ah, did you simulate if you will to buy a Merc or BMW at say 200k, how many times  will you  have to go into their showroom to eat free biscuit before you will place a booking?  I think will be a daily trip , not after a few decades. 

How did you know???  :D

Iirc volvo used to have white wine or something in the showroom.  This was before GFC.   Hehe

Mercedes dont have the free coffee.  They have a cafe but you must pay for it so its only free.  Trust me.  I checked.

:D

• Praise 1

On 11/24/2020 at 4:19 AM, Philipkee said:

Iirc volvo used to have white wine or something in the showroom.  This was before GFC.   Hehe

Mercedes dont have the free coffee.  They have a cafe but you must pay for it so its only free.  Trust me.  I checked.

Wah like that pml n Hyundai will be super pack due to buffet n nasi lamak on weekends 

But I rather have steep discounts at pml for those product intro samples like Bmw “individual “ series one off unit selling at ppsl prices

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 1

Smart move by Volvo. Drunk buyers are good customers. Haha!

• Haha! 2

On 12/13/2020 at 11:23 AM, firefly20 said:

Smart move by Volvo. Drunk buyers are good customers. Haha!

Drink and test drive??? Mmmmm... 

I myself am wandering.

Mitsubishi Outlander

Toyota Tortoise / RAV4

X1

B180

INSIGNIA, maybe.

Heart itchy. Backside itchy also.

Fiscal prudence say no, but you know.

Sigh.

Free coffee and snacks for all service customers. If walkin customers to view car, the SE can ask free coffee or tea for you.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

On 12/22/2020 at 7:02 PM, Datsun366 said:

I myself am wandering.

Mitsubishi Outlander

Toyota Tortoise / RAV4

X1

B180

INSIGNIA, maybe.

Heart itchy. Backside itchy also.

Fiscal prudence say no, but you know.

Sigh.

New generation Outlander launching this year

None of the current Toyota model entice me, except the new Yaris Cross

Can try your luck with X1 at showroom or PPSL, price is much cheaper than listed for sure. How much lower depend on your bargaining power and how hungry is PML / PPSL

B180 is one of the more reasonably priced 3 point star, especially when comparing to the B200

Insignia quite value for money, but practically no resale value since the model is now used by PHV (double whammy)

Go look at Skoda, their Superb is really close to Superb. Whichever model you go for, remember to do your homework and don't be afraid to bargain as long as you are genuine buyer.

• Praise 11

35 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

New generation Outlander launching this year

None of the current Toyota model entice me, except the new Yaris Cross

Can try your luck with X1 at showroom or PPSL, price is much cheaper than listed for sure. How much lower depend on your bargaining power and how hungry is PML / PPSL

B180 is one of the more reasonably priced 3 point star, especially when comparing to the B200

Insignia quite value for money, but practically no resale value since the model is now used by PHV (double whammy)

Go look at Skoda, their Superb is really close to Superb. Whichever model you go for, remember to do your homework and don't be afraid to bargain as long as you are genuine buyer.

Looking at all the care you list, I will pick the Superb.

X1 18 with the 3 cylinder engine, boh luc leh. Driven friend one, the 1.5L not nice . If it is the 2.0L engine will be a lot better. Drive the same engine on the MINI Countryman,  mechanically same car as X1. This is a lot better. 

Edited by Tohto

Last I checked a week back, the X1 was only left with one more unit of s20i MSport, going at around $180k after overtrade. Their next batch will only arrive in April/May, of which the sale price will definitely be different.

3 hours ago, Univ3r5e said:

Last I checked a week back, the X1 was only left with one more unit of s20i MSport, going at around $180k after overtrade. Their next batch will only arrive in April/May, of which the sale price will definitely be different.

The new X1 will got many improvement and features. 

↡ Advertisement