New car discount/price/promo

coldboy1357

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys. New car buyer here. I read a lot of comments about Merc, BMW, and Audi ADs marking up their list prices by a lot. What would be the typical % of reasonable profit margin? Seems crazy to list $298k for BMW 530i as an example. 

Also, do you think the room for nego is a lot less for indent units? coz i am looking to add options as well. 

Thank you very much in advance for inputs!

33 minutes ago, CYS8787 said:

Hi guys. New car buyer here. I read a lot of comments about Merc, BMW, and Audi ADs marking up their list prices by a lot. What would be the typical % of reasonable profit margin? Seems crazy to list $298k for BMW 530i as an example. 

Also, do you think the room for nego is a lot less for indent units? coz i am looking to add options as well. 

willing seller, willing buyer ... some more you can only take what is available in the showroom or what models and options bring in by AD

if you want to indent special options ... Good Luck 

btw, have you seen Porsche pricing lately? lol

Edited by Wt_know

Neutral Newbie

Yeah I am looking to only get the available options, not special indent. Porsche is definitely not in my budget haha. 

Anyway it will be my first purchase, just looking to pay something that is reasonable, and not pay over the odds. 

I am looking at BMW 530i and Audi A6 45 tfsi. But the list prices seem really unreasonable considering their costs. 

4 minutes ago, CYS8787 said:

Yeah I am looking to only get the available options, not special indent. Porsche is definitely not in my budget haha. 

Anyway it will be my first purchase, just looking to pay something that is reasonable, and not pay over the odds. 

I am looking at BMW 530i and Audi A6 45 tfsi. But the list prices seem really unreasonable considering their costs. 

well ... car is Pay And Pay ... welcome ... 

we have the title that spore car is the most expensive in the world ... is not play play Ok ... hehe

Edited by Wt_know

1 hour ago, CYS8787 said:

For the cars that I was comparing, my observation is the profit margin is about the same as the OMV.  

19 minutes ago, CYS8787 said:

List price and selling price differs a lot in reality.

What is the profit margin of 530i?  50k?

Neutral Newbie
9 minutes ago, Lotr said:

For the cars that I was comparing, my observation is the profit margin is about the same as the OMV.  

Thanks for the input. If I am to take 530i's OMV ($62k) from LTA, the sell price would be something closer to 280k instead of 300k. 

Go down to BMW; have a chat. U will be surprised how much discount they give. Even better if you’ve an existing ride to trade in. 

atleast till december; I heard they sold quite a few models at close to no profit. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
57 minutes ago, bmwvarun said:

Go down to BMW; have a chat. U will be surprised how much discount they give. Even better if you’ve an existing ride to trade in. 

atleast till december; I heard they sold quite a few models at close to no profit. 

awesome! thanks for the suggestion!

On 1/15/2021 at 5:42 PM, Wt_know said:

willing seller, willing buyer ... some more you can only take what is available in the showroom or what models and options bring in by AD

if you want to indent special options ... Good Luck 

btw, have you seen Porsche pricing lately? lol

I think Bmw has something called individual series where the paint colour choices are different from the usual pallet of standard colour n the Uphostry n type of stitches also various from the usual option list .

if you are referring to that, then yeah we talking about a different level of refinement. But if it’s like sunroof n stuff.. like Koay Teow Mai hum but paying more for it , then not worth it .. 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

@bmwvarun It's funny you mentioned this. BMW was the most profitable car company in Singapore for 2020.....

On 1/15/2021 at 7:12 PM, bmwvarun said:

On 1/15/2021 at 5:08 PM, CYS8787 said:

The Covid effect..100 billion dollars of our national reserve, money coursing through the veins of our economy..all fly into cars & condo. If I was AD, I will jack the prices up even more because willing buyers are crashing through the front doors. 

On 1/15/2021 at 7:12 PM, bmwvarun said:

Not anymore. They ain’t budging at least for the 320i and 330i. 

↡ Advertisement