New car discount/price/promo

coldboy1357

BM offered me more than $1k for my 2006 vios... in fact they offered more than what other AD is offering..

So, I traded in for Altis :)

How much BM offered to you?

Which AD is giving less for loyalty ? And how much?

↡ Advertisement

I was with Borneo motors for 13+years and the loyalty is still $1K. So i decided to put my loyalty somewhere else.

wow u have missed out 13 years of fun.. welcome to the dark side

meaning they give you extra 20K for your old car .... and you still need to pay back this 20K + interest.

This is usually use to offset down payment ....

Where got so good , dealer give you extra money for your old car de .........

So meow only 1K .......... I dont think u will see the difference for a 120K car.

Hahahah :)

Anyway, they offered $3k more than what VW offered when I went to see 1.4Golf.

This is itself much better :)

So, I get abt $13+k for a car that have left than 18mths left :)

I was looking for a new car. I think it is not transparent and fair practice the way some conti AD here do business. I see some giving "finance/trade" discount of $20K+ off the published price (even on non outdated models) and this is on top of freebies (like servicing/guarantee COE).

The most I can get from Jap/Korean AD is a few K but they also have their misleading like "effective price" which is price after minus all the freebies value (i.e. you have to pay for those add-on "freebies")

I think the government should step in to weed out this kind of practice. They should take a page from what is done in our up-north neighbour where AD has to publish the car price upfront (with specs) and must sell at that price.

and two person buy from two different sales person ... same car

the price can also difference by $3k-$5k ... one being a bigger robert than another

after kena chop robert ... the SE will tell you ... this is the best best price i give you ... don't tell anyone ... lol

I was looking for a new car. I think it is not transparent and fair practice the way some conti AD here do business. I see some giving "finance/trade" discount of $20K+ off the published price (even on non outdated models) and this is on top of freebies (like servicing/guarantee COE).

The most I can get from Jap/Korean AD is a few K but they also have their misleading like "effective price" which is price after minus all the freebies value (i.e. you have to pay for those add-on "freebies")

I think the government should step in to weed out this kind of practice. They should take a page from what is done in our up-north neighbour where AD has to publish the car price upfront (with specs) and must sell at that price.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

transparency does not exist in the entire car buying & selling be it new or used car

the whole industry work on "cowboy" mode ... got overtrade, discount, rebate, leasing, buy-back, freebies, service vouchers, coe guarantee, no guarantee, simi 4-8 bids, open cat, etc

if they can make more layers ... they will

Edited by Wt_know

Are you talking about Kia? I think they are not trasparent in pricing. Their effective transaction price for a Forte has lots of terms and condiitons. I rather they stop all thise bulls**t gimmicks and list the real price upfront

Yep. It is Kia. Their effective price is b.s. You end up paying 6-8k more.

I think Toyota and Honda are only a handful that are transparent with their pricing.

Are you talking about Kia? I think they are not trasparent in pricing. Their effective transaction price for a Forte has lots of terms and condiitons. I rather they stop all thise bulls**t gimmicks and list the real price upfront

• Praise 1

meaning they give you extra 20K for your old car .... and you still need to pay back this 20K + interest.

This is usually use to offset down payment ....

Where got so good , dealer give you extra money for your old car de .........

So meow only 1K .......... I dont think u will see the difference for a 120K car.

It is possible to nego extra discount without corresponding increase in loan amount

Up to your negotiation skills

Of course sales people will insist you take a higher loan if they sense you don't have the cash for dp

😈

Yep. It is Kia. Their effective price is b.s. You end up paying 6-8k more.

I think Toyota and Honda are only a handful that are transparent with their pricing.

A reputable car manufacturer screwed up by the marketing department of its agent

I feel ur pain. Which is why i started this thread.

I think I saw a Jag ad in the papers a few days ago, is it the XF starting from about S$130k? Wah...

That one is management demo cars. Means second hand cars. Not new.

• Praise 1

Actually I thought some of the car importers use a different tactic. For e.g Toyota.

When I bought mine last yr in June, there was a list price from BM's official website which included the CEV rebate. When you make your way down to the showroom, they start to factor in other discounts like old Toyota owner loyalty discount, in-house financing discount, in-house insurance discount, current stock clearance discount etc etc, which can lower the price by about 10 to 20k, depending on which model you get.

I've explained this before in another post, but it's simple behavioural economics. If I look at your price online and I am not deterred by turning up at your show room, it means your listed price is within my reservation price. Throw in a substantial discount at about 10 to 20k , or more, the deal becomes even sweeter and more pple. Even if they didn't initially want to buy, they will be tempted to do so. I'm not sure if all ADs or PIs do this, but it's a rather nifty trick that practised almost everywhere today.

I'm not sure why other J/K car don't practise this because their market share is not that high to begin with, so perhaps they need to put a lower listing to attract pple to view the vehicle. To me, it's to their detriment, because if I showed up, I'm far less likely to sign on the dotted line knowing that I have to cough up more beyond my reservation price.

↡ Advertisement