New car discount/price/promo

coldboy1357

I have just received an update from VW sale ppl. Jetta going for $108300. Very persistent sales ppl.

BM sales just text me: Altis $99,988. Camry $134,988. Wish $123,988.

Can't believe it. Within 1 month, the prices dropped $20K.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

BM sales just text me: Altis $99,988. Camry $134,988. Wish $123,988.

Can't believe it. Within 1 month, the prices dropped $20K.

If they can afford to do that, that means they have fat profit margin

Anyone has any discounts to share?

I think they're all over the place.

Since my trips around the dealers over the past couple of weeks I am bombarded by calls and SMS asking when I'm ready to buy, coming with new pricing (got one from LR about the Evoque as well).

"Will you sign by Tuesday?" was one I got today, like they expect CoE to be lower at the next bid which may mean we all just wait and wait longer.

These AD know more than they let on I think - most are are push, push, pushing.

I think they're all over the place.

Since my trips around the dealers over the past couple of weeks I am bombarded by calls and SMS asking when I'm ready to buy, coming with new pricing (got one from LR about the Evoque as well).

"Will you sign by Tuesday?" was one I got today, like they expect CoE to be lower at the next bid which may mean we all just wait and wait longer.

These AD know more than they let on I think - most are are push, push, pushing.

Agree. Seems that if we are ready to commit, they can negotiate with their bosses for more discounts. While they know that COEs are generally heading south, they continue to say that there is no guarantee. Understandable because they need income too. Furthermore, there are buyers who need to change cars now and they want to hear that COE will not drop too much.

Just got offered a WRX for a nad under $150k with 5yr servicing and interest at 1.88%

Take with a pinch-of-salt "will increase to 2.68% after March 4th"

• Praise 1

I have just received an update from VW sale ppl. Jetta going for $108300. Very persistent sales ppl.

Jetta profit margin is very high, close to $20K profit per car.

Refer to LTA onemotoring car cost breakdown for Jan 2015.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.30963.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Jette total basic cost only about $33K

After adding COE cost of $57K, total cost about $90K.

Yet they are selling at close to $110K.

Compared to corolla altis total basic cost $38K, yet selling at lower price than Jetta.

A-class and A3 SB are both around 130k. A3 sedan is now 136k. B-Class 141k and CLA at 155k.

Of coz terms and conditions apply.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.30963.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Compared to corolla altis total basic cost $38K, yet selling at lower price than Jetta.

If I am not wrong, one of the key difference on some of the continental car is how the car is being imported. VW import the cars by themselves while Toyota is imported by the AD. When VW perform their own import, they can get the car at a cheaper price from their HQ, and VW operation in Singapore will make money for the import. Therefore, VW will be able to have a lower OMV, but then, they need more margin to cover the expense and profit.

• Praise 2

VW need to prepare margin for , warranty . [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

B class is 141k? My last visit last week was $149,999 before overtrade of $3k.

A-class and A3 SB are both around 130k. A3 sedan is now 136k. B-Class 141k and CLA at 155k.

Of coz terms and conditions apply.

↡ Advertisement