New car discount/price/promo

coldboy1357

On 1/19/2022 at 9:38 PM, Daniu82 said:

Is X1 a good car? Heard it’s 3 cylinders. 

the buyers only care about the white/blue badge.

2 cylinders also no problem

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

42 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Who care how many cylinders there is. Buyer buy happy can liao…….

I recently change from Lexus to hyundai suv. As long as I happy, I don’t care if the whole world say I downgrade 😃

• Praise 8

@Wt_know good info 😘)))  meaning Sadan on these same Hatch VW engine no pickup right. But space wise, a sedan boot enormously big tho vs any hatch where VW Golf terribly small Sia (((

5 hours ago, Mark_goh said:

I recently change from Lexus to hyundai suv. As long as I happy, I don’t care if the whole world say I downgrade 😃

Yes, ownself happy then good already, cos only you will drive your own car. Their mouths belong to them, let them say until they song. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

BMW...motorbike can or not?

Got 1 cylinder (G Series) some more.

• Haha! 1

20 hours ago, Mark_goh said:

new tucson?

At current COE price and limited quota quantity,  there is no need to run promo, the challenge is to find enough COE to fulfill  the order.

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

At current COE price and limited quota quantity,  there is no need to run promo, the challenge is to find enough COE to fulfill  the order.

yup … with limited COE 

dealer will say take it or leave it (fk off)

• Praise 1

On 1/20/2022 at 3:07 PM, oleoleole said:

hey all!

well, i cannot answer this question from a engineering POV since im not an engineer, but so far my 3 cycinder 216i GT has never gave me any problems. In fact, i did not really hear any idle vibration issues from my X1/216 frens owners. I believe BMW's 3-cylinder B38 engine has won numerous international awards, for being frugal yet quick off the mark

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/bmws-3-cylinder-b38-engine-wins-wards-10-best-engines-award-90186.html

regarding the age-old question of whether its powerful enough, hmm how much power is enough? If I drive a Ferrari, for sure i will think 7series not enough. If i drive a 7series, of cuz i will think C-class not powerful enough. you know where this is going. 🙂

my previous cars are Hyundai 2.0 tucson, Nissan qashqai 1.2T, and current BMW 216i GT. and my butt feel tells me that the X1's 138hp/220hm Torque, 9.2s century sprint, performs way better than all my previous rides. Not to mention BMW's legendary handling and interior.

I figured if all sporeans are concerned with bhp/torque/century sprint, then our roads will be full of Kia Stingers and Skodas haha..

oh! and "small" models like the 216 and X1 makes up bulk of BMW's sales in SG. So while i cannot confirm, but i believe most Sporeans are satisfied with the matured 3-cyclinder tech 🙂

https://www.carbuyer.com.sg/2021-singapores-most-popular-car-brands-in-2021-first-half/#:~:text=Like Mercedes-Benz%2C the bulk,and the X1 small SUV.

It's enough power for SG roads, and it's got that badge for association! People often say the 1st half of the sentence but the real reason is the 2nd half

• Praise 1

On 1/22/2022 at 12:37 PM, Ganwb79 said:

It's enough power for SG roads, and it's got that badge for association! People often say the 1st half of the sentence but the real reason is the 2nd half

Whether it is the first half or 2nd, it is fact and reality in Singapore (yes, sadly). Like it or not, it is the overall package perception in Singapore😉. It retains decent resale value bcos of this.

5 hours ago, oleoleole said:

End up when my wife gave the green light to change to X1, no more units left. Sad. 

Nvm, wait for Jun (PML's financial year end promo!) 

will you wife Approve in Jun? :grin:

Neutral Newbie

@oleoleole could I check how long have u owned the 216iGT? I am considering a 218i GT but is concerned about after sales service from PML & BMWs "reliability" issues. I am currently driving a Merc for almost 5yrs now & thankfully no major issues. Parts are also affordable & easy to get.

TIA

Neutral Newbie

@oleoleole could I check how long have u owned the 216iGT? I am considering a 218i GT but is concerned about after sales service from PML & BMWs "reliability" issues. I am currently driving a Merc for almost 5yrs now & thankfully no major issues. Parts are also affordable & easy to get.

TIA

↡ Advertisement