New car discount/price/promo

coldboy1357

Is it possible to bring in a new car from abroad ourselves and save the AD's profit margin ? Of cos have to do the paper work and whatever. This is allowed right ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

dont think so. I think this is the lowest it has ever been. u wont get the same price with any other car like A4, C-Class or 3-series. Even smaller CLA is more ex.

no overtrade then u cant get much disc from PML alr. their disc is primarily inside overtrade component. car loan gives another few k. if take out these 2 i very much doubt they will give u any good bargain

VW same story, but not as big overtrade disc as PML

I hear say A4 selling at 140k++ now.. [drivingcar]

Thanks coldboy1357.

Can you please explain further how to get more discount from overtrade? For example... my old car is worth $40K if I were to sell it to a second hand dealer. The offer from the PML SE is $36K trade-in value + $4K overtrade rebate (total also $40K). I end up topping up the same amount to buy the new car. Any other tricks in this overtrade that I miss? Thanks.

Your formula is wrong...

Never regard overtrade as discount.

In your formula, you are basically getting lesser than $36k of value in the end ... [grin]

Your formula is wrong...

In your formula, you are basically getting lesser than $36k of value in the end ... [grin]

Sorry....I am confused.

For example, the list price of new car quoted by SE is $150K, with old car trade-in value $36K and overtrade $4K. I was asked by SE to top up $110K to buy the new car (i.e.. $150K - $36K - $4K = $110K).

Can you please elaborate where the formula is wrong and how much I need to pay? Thanks.

Sorry....I am confused.

For example, the list price of new car quoted by SE is $150K, with old car trade-in value $36K and overtrade $4K. I was asked by SE to top up $110K to buy the new car (i.e.. $150K - $36K - $4K = $110K).

Can you please elaborate where the formula is wrong and how much I need to pay? Thanks.

Hi

My own experience with a particular AD as follows..

Using your example, the formula should look like $150k - $XX - $YY - $ZZ, where

$XX is the old car trade-in value (should be about the same as what you would get from the 2nd hand car dealer)

$YY is the over-trade value from the AD ("additional discount")

$ZZ is the discount from list price by AD

There may also be additional freebies offered by the SE, but this may vary with SE. Hope its clearer now.

• Praise 3

New model next year, right?

I just saw the promo on SgCarMart that says $152k so still lower?

• Praise 2

Your formula is wrong...

So what is overtrade then? Until now I am still not clear with this words. Seem to me like transfer what we still owe from previous car bring over to current new car installment.

Pls correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

• Praise 2

You sure got this price?

I believe so, the sales man informed me today, but I did not confirm because I was not interested. Probably need to take loan and insurance from VW to enjoy that price.

• Praise 2

New model next year, right?

I just saw the promo on SgCarMart that says $152k so still lower?

For the A4? I think can try your luck and nego even lower! =)

• Praise 2

I believe so, the sales man informed me today, but I did not confirm because I was not interested. Probably need to take loan and insurance from VW to enjoy that price.

Perhaps, it is for 12 bids non-guaranteed COE.

hmmm jetta 110k is indeed very attractive....alr 10k cheaper than last month..

Last week, the Jetta was going for $115800. The sales guy said they are clearing their existing Jetta stocks.

Come w ice and standars items ?

I have just received an update from VW sale ppl. Jetta going for $108300. Very persistent sales ppl.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1