New car discount/price/promo

coldboy1357

On 6/4/2022 at 8:42 AM, oleoleole said:

Outgoing-X1 clearance at $181K now! To make way for the new 2022 model. Shit man, tempted again.. 

On 6/4/2022 at 10:36 AM, oleoleole said:

@Wt_know and the fact that they're eating my 1YO car at +$20K from my last year's buy price (due to the COE increase), just makes the deal even more sweeter.. 

So the $181K is the nett price after the $20K overtrade or before? 

I remember you mentioned that you got your 216 GT for $128K, so if you are paying $181K before PML take in your near 1 year old car @$148K, then the deal is quite ok (in consideration of the high coe climate).

Honestly, with the gloomy economic outlook, this is not the right time to get a car (new or preowned). Better to enjoy the low depreciation of your current ride for a few more years, till the coe returns to a more reasonable level.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

18 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

Overtrade?

Do read up what you may be getting yourself into.

There’s no free lunch

@Macrosszeroahh@Macrosszeroahh, the age old debate of OT and its decency.. 

For me, its simple. I'm only concerned abt $X, where X being - 

(simplified for the sake of discussion) 

RRP $100K

Mkt value of my current car $50K

OT $20K

$X = $100K - $50K - $20K = $30K (what I'll be paying at the end) 

They can call it discount, Overtrade, undertrade, underwear, etc, I don't care haha

As long as $X is within my budget and my definition of a gd deal, I'll sign. 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

So the $181K is the nett price after the $20K overtrade or before? 

I remember you mentioned that you got your 216 GT for $128K, so if you are paying $181K before PML take in your near 1 year old car @$148K, then the deal is quite ok (in consideration of the high coe climate).

Honestly, with the gloomy economic outlook, this is not the right time to get a car (new or preowned). Better to enjoy the low depreciation of your current ride for a few more years, till the coe returns to a more reasonable level.

Thanks bro, very sound advice! Actually I think PML biz not v gd recently, so they're willing to even push up the trade in value of my current 1YO ride to $150K.

$181K nett for the X1 is aft all the OT etc. 

So apples to apples = trade in my 216i, top up $31K, +1yr of COE, for a slightly (debatable) better car 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, oleoleole said:

Thanks bro, very sound advice! Actually I think PML biz not v gd recently, so they're willing to even push up the trade in value of my current 1YO ride to $150K.

So apples to apples = trade in my 216i, top up $31K, +1yr of COE, for a slightly (debatable) better car 

In a way the top up $31K goes to the COE i believe.. so sound ok lah..

Bro, double check ur number, did you apply the OT twice - on new car and existing car to arrive at only 31k top up? X1 Listed price is $238k before OT. I was at pml just last week. 

Hope I am wrong and u get your ride 😊

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Rskc said:

Bro, double check ur number, did you apply the OT twice - on new car and existing car to arrive at only 31k top up? X1 Listed price is $238k before OT. I was at pml just last week. 

Hope I am wrong and u get your ride 😊

I believe my SE did something extra for me, cuz I got my 216i frm him only last year.

But anyhow, my wife not convinced yet. She don't see the logic of sacrificing 2 seats for a higher tuned engine and better outlook/design (subjective) 

• Praise 1

Nice! 👍

Nvr asked wife about car unless she is a car lover like my wife. Ha! 😆

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I believe my SE did something extra for me, cuz I got my 216i frm him only last year.

But anyhow, my wife not convinced yet. She don't see the logic of sacrificing 2 seats for a higher tuned engine and better outlook/design (subjective) 

So long as the finances work out, u r comfy, why not. Not as if getting a car for the approval of others.

• Praise 1

On 6/4/2022 at 10:36 AM, oleoleole said:

@Wt_know and the fact that they're eating my 1YO car at +$20K from my last year's buy price (due to the COE increase), just makes the deal even more sweeter.. 

Bro, just get it.. hahaha X1 is really nice to drive even thought it is 1.5 3 cylinders.

Just wonder if they have similar "good" offer for X3?? : P

23 hours ago, Etnt said:

So long as the finances work out, u r comfy, why not. Not as if getting a car for the approval of others.

If the "others" is really other pple, I will ignore. But when the "other" is my wife... Hmm yes I do actively seek her approval on big ticket purchases like a car. Lol. 

3 hours ago, Little_orc said:

Bro, just get it.. hahaha X1 is really nice to drive even thought it is 1.5 3 cylinders.

Just wonder if they have similar "good" offer for X3?? : P

X3 offer buay swee - ard $270K. Can continue to wait patiently because not EOL model yet so PML won't lelong yet haha

X3 offer buay swee - ard $270K. Can continue to wait patiently because not EOL model yet so PML won't lelong yet haha

@oleoleole lol.. 181k and 270k, 90k diff...😅

• Haha! 1

(edited)

X1 > might as well X3?

X3 > might as well X5? 

based on the price we are paying, can get a X5M in amdk USA liao .... :grin:

2022-06-07_080446.png

Edited by Wt_know

Supercharged
15 hours ago, oleoleole said:

That is the 20sDrive base model?

Not unusual for PML to offer attractive deals for their EOL models. Similar promotion currently ongoing for the EOL 7ers - guess they are left with the 740 and the JoyFest offer is "complementary COE".

• Praise 1

On 6/4/2022 at 8:42 AM, oleoleole said:

Outgoing-X1 clearance at $181K now! To make way for the new 2022 model. Shit man, tempted again.. 

only X1 going for disc? what about their 3/5 series?

7 hours ago, bobbyhill said:

only X1 going for disc? what about their 3/5 series?

Quite a couple of series having big discounts - X1, 216i GC, 218i GC, and 3 series

3 series effective price ard $210K if I'm nt wrong. Might be lower if u can bargain more. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1