Who says COE coming down?

By how much and which month?

I standby to go in and grab.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
15 hours ago, Multi said:

I don't think COE will be coming down soon. I'm suprise that C&C is selling now at $135k instead of $142k as advertised. 

At $135k any other freebies ncluded like Auto Tailgate and Blind Spot Monitoring etc....

Wonder what is the catch of selling at $135k? And if C&C can secure the coe and deliver  the car at this price?

16 hours ago, Multi said:

I don't think COE will be coming down soon. I'm suprise that C&C is selling now at $135k instead of $142k as advertised. 

At $135k any other freebies ncluded like Auto Tailgate and Blind Spot Monitoring etc....

Is it a good deal at 135?

Not sure if we should get now

(edited)

16 hours ago, Multi said:

Some may regret not getting it when COE was 100k till it hit 200k 😂 

Edited by Ginyu

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Ginyu said:

Some may regret not getting it when COE was 100k till it hit 200k 😂 

Back then when coe was $90k, people say crazy and dont buy. And now coe become $100k+ liao. 😅

On 7/14/2022 at 6:47 PM, detached2007 said:

Hi guys,

Is it worth it to get Citroen C5 Aircross now at discounted price $135k or wait for COE to come down?

Not in a huge hurry to own a car, but hopefully within a year.

COE price will not come down within a year, unless you are willing to wait for 3 to 4 years, then maybe you have a better chance.

While 135k maybe a good price, you also have to look at reliability,  serviceability  of the car.  I suppose you are new to cars, you may want to consider the japanese or korean brands like Toyota, Honda , hyundai etc. While some people have no problems with Citroean, others have quite some complaints about the brand, comparatively, you dont hear that many people complaining about toyota, honda or hyundai etc.

• Praise 5

Supersonic
49 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

COE price will not come down within a year, unless you are willing to wait for 3 to 4 years, then maybe you have a better chance.

While 135k maybe a good price, you also have to look at reliability,  serviceability  of the car.  I suppose you are new to cars, you may want to consider the japanese or korean brands like Toyota, Honda , hyundai etc. While some people have no problems with Citroean, others have quite some complaints about the brand, comparatively, you dont hear that many people complaining about toyota, honda or hyundai etc.

Those people who have no problem with citroen cars really lucky and amazing. 😅 I have a colleague owned two difference citroen cars back to back and currently still driving one. No hear any problems le? 

Hi guys,

Is it worth it to get Citroen C5 Aircross now at discounted price $135k or wait for COE to come down?

After seeing the TV ad on the C5 Air Cross, I check out the spec and OMV, and I wouldn't say it is really VFM. 

On the spec and features, this is the entry level model and very bare bone (no electric seat adjustment, electric tailgate, lambar support, nagivation system, etc.). 

On the cost aspect, the profit margin is still around $20K with a price tag of $135K, no thanks to the $15K VES rebate, which also translate to a negligible PARF value of slightly over $$4K.

Implications? When you want to sell the car at say 5 year mark, expect low ball pricing of ~$40K+ (i.e. $90K for 5 years of usage). Drive it to EOL and annual depreciation would be ~$13K, which is not really cheap either way. 

• Praise 12

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

After seeing the TV ad on the C5 Air Cross, I check out the spec and OMV, and I wouldn't say it is really VFM. 

On the spec and features, this is the entry level model and very bare bone (no electric seat adjustment, electric tailgate, lambar support, nagivation system, etc.). 

On the cost aspect, the profit margin is still around $20K with a price tag of $135K, no thanks to the $15K VES rebate, which also translate to a negligible PARF value of slightly over $$4K.

Implications? When you want to sell the car at say 5 year mark, expect low ball pricing of ~$40K+ (i.e. $90K for 5 years of usage). Drive it to EOL and annual depreciation would be ~$13K, which is not really cheap either way. 

This C5 Air Cross ad quite aggressive on tv, it show almost on every commercial break to attract people go to their show room at least. And many people who are not well verse with cars might ended up buying this car. But after reading bro Carbon82 guru sharing on this deal, looks like not a good deal at all. 😅

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Thanks bro, honestly I don't understand half of your reply but I'll Google at my own time.

May I ask what's a good SUV around the same price range as c5 to get then?

(edited)
On 7/16/2022 at 9:20 PM, Carbon82 said:

But if the Venue is asking for 137k... The C5 Aircross isn't bad value...even if the venue gets a 10k discount at 127k because the venue is at least a class lower.

Would probably go for it in such a market since it's even bigger than your usual SUV suspects like the Vezel and the etc.

However, if I were in the market I'd probably get a used unit since new pugs and Citroens (from 2015) have improved quite a fair bit.

Edited by Brass
  • Praise 4

On 7/16/2022 at 3:03 PM, detached2007 said:

Is it a good deal at 135?

Not sure if we should get now

Most likely you will be in for a long wait or maybe asked to top up. Long wait as in if it is 6months non guaranteed you might be looking at 6months wait and might not even secure a coe. I will avoid this kinda situation. If we are looking at the next 6 months of high coe price most likely this will happen. 

(edited)

GLB180 under C&C now being offered at 206k. Delivery by Sept/Oct. My colleague just placed order. Final price better than 206k, with no trade-in。

Better news: all new GLBs will come with rear aircon, even though test drive units do not have. 

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 1

(edited)
On 7/16/2022 at 11:51 PM, detached2007 said:

Thanks bro, honestly I don't understand half of your reply but I'll Google at my own time.

May I ask what's a good SUV around the same price range as c5 to get then?

He said the car has the VES rebate but you didnt get the rebate fully becasue the dealer is still making a fairly good margin from you. 

The other problem is when you want to sell your car  in a few years time, you will likely get scrap price offer, meaning you will lose until you cry.

Next , when you drive until end of the car life in 10 years time, you will only get back 4k of PARF.

By the way do a filter search in sgcarmart using  key word "suv", cap your max price at 145k, you will see lots of japanese and some korean suv, you will likely to get a more reliable car or worst case, equally good. Also, pay attention to depreciation, some cars might have same or lower depre than that of a C5 though they may appear slightly more expensive upfront. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

Hi guys,

I would consider a used Seat Tarraco or Skoda Kodiaq. Better specs and 7-seater when you need it. 2019-20 models should be able to get around $130k.

No point buying with super high COE and getting stuck later when COE drops

13 minutes ago, Fitmugen said:

I would consider a used Seat Tarraco or Skoda Kodiaq. Better specs and 7-seater when you need it. 2019-20 models should be able to get around $130k.

No point buying with super high COE and getting stuck later when COE drops

The c5 seems to have lower depreciation than both other models though, any thoughts?

I went to sgcarmart and no luck to get Skoda near 130 leh 

1 minute ago, detached2007 said:

The c5 seems to have lower depreciation than both other models though, any thoughts?

I went to sgcarmart and no luck to get Skoda near 130 leh 

@detached2007 used one 2019 got one i think. C5 lower depreciation of course. btw, got one C5 on auction. why not try your luck?

↡ Advertisement