Military talk thread

macrosszero

9 minutes ago, Beregond said:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/39316/air-force-boss-wants-clean-sheet-fighter-thats-less-advanced-than-f-35-to-replace-f-16

Air Force Boss Wants Clean-Sheet Fighter That’s Less Advanced Than F-35 To Replace F-16

The U.S. Air Force is looking at an all-new fighter jet design to replace its F-16s, which currently provide the backbone of the tactical fleet. Air Force Chief of Staff General Charles Q. Brown Jr. is launching a months-long study into the service’s future force mix, which could include a “clean-sheet design” to replace the F-16 and which could potentially threaten long-held plans to buy 1,763 copies of the F-35A, originally intended as the F-16’s successor.

“I want to moderate how much we’re using those aircraft,” Brown said. “You don’t drive your Ferrari to work every day, you only drive it on Sundays. This is our ‘high end’ [fighter], we want to make sure we don’t use it all for the low-end fight.”

this comparison is damn funny.  even US cannot afford to buy ferrari for their police patrol cars🤣

They fight so many wars. most of the wars the enemy got no planes, no tanks and not AA missles. lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
16 minutes ago, Beregond said:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/39316/air-force-boss-wants-clean-sheet-fighter-thats-less-advanced-than-f-35-to-replace-f-16

Air Force Boss Wants Clean-Sheet Fighter That’s Less Advanced Than F-35 To Replace F-16

The U.S. Air Force is looking at an all-new fighter jet design to replace its F-16s, which currently provide the backbone of the tactical fleet. Air Force Chief of Staff General Charles Q. Brown Jr. is launching a months-long study into the service’s future force mix, which could include a “clean-sheet design” to replace the F-16 and which could potentially threaten long-held plans to buy 1,763 copies of the F-35A, originally intended as the F-16’s successor.

“I want to moderate how much we’re using those aircraft,” Brown said. “You don’t drive your Ferrari to work every day, you only drive it on Sundays. This is our ‘high end’ [fighter], we want to make sure we don’t use it all for the low-end fight.”

this comparison is damn funny.  even US cannot afford to buy ferrari for their police patrol cars🤣

More like trying to create business for the aircraft makers. 

On 3/22/2021 at 7:39 PM, Kopites said:

This 16 yo got gut! I support!👏

https://mothership.sg/2021/03/st-forum-letter-ns-birth-rate/

"We can boost Singapore's birth rate by making it compulsory for women to serve national service alongside men," 16-year-old student Wang Lixin wrote in a Straits Times (ST) forum letter.

ST forum letter: Women should serve NS"

he is a very horny.. i mean naughty boy...

6 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

More like trying to create business for the aircraft makers. 

ya. its a political business in US , between all the major arms company in US, all of them got their own supports in the congress that fight to give them contracts .

they got contract means they employ more worker ,create more jobs, and the politicians can answer to the ppl. 

Edited by Beregond

It already exist.

Its called the Gripen.

Can use Mon - Fri when you don't need a Ferrari.

:grin:

image.thumb.png.9943b38b335e8a418d0e89c208aed98b.png

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

They have the F15. The F150 truck equivalent for Monday to Friday commute. Model numbers nicely match too! 

Edited by Volvobrick

7 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

They have the F15. The F150 truck equivalent for Monday to Friday commute. Model numbers nicely match too! 

their latest f15ex already out, around 200 order already place by the US airforce.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

WFH 🤪

actually is the right way forward 

we really lack of human resource, even now commando take in recuit that wear glasses ( correct me if i wrong)

but all our kids super good at gaming😅. imagine those kids can become a fighter pilot flying a drone in an office in camp , instead of in a plane up there.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

we really lack of human resource, even now commando take in recuit that wear glasses ( correct me if i wrong)

but all our kids super good at gaming😅. imagine those kids can become a fighter pilot flying a drone in an office in camp , instead of in a plane up there.

well if we develop AI to play games, they will also be better than humans. that is the better way. granted in terms of general intelligence, AI is still very faulty.

6 hours ago, Beregond said:

What happens when the toys fail? Hit restart?

😉

• Haha! 2

I read that news article and the first response I had was "cool story bro". For the class size of UAV they are talking about it takes at least $100M and 5 to 10 years to develop until it has passed all certifications for airworthiness and not even production stage. And this is assuming an established aviation org like Boeing, lockheed or locally ST eng. And there is no way such a class of UAV carrying weapons can be developed and produced locally in SG, at least as of now.

21 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/supersonic-combat-drone-arrow-seletar-kelley-aerospace-14368346

Never heard of them till now, but a locally AND privately developed Mach 2 stealth drone? 🤯

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/supersonic-combat-drone-arrow-seletar-kelley-aerospace-14368346

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Datsun366 said:

What happens when the toys fail? Hit restart?

😉

Up-down-left-right-A-B-Start

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2