Military talk thread

Macrosszero

Turbocharged

Is this Taiwan or PRC tv program?

Looking at these arm chair "experts" talk sometimes make me [laugh] ... talk talk talk.. but did anyone of them actually take up arms and went for field training with the weapons they talk about ? Only with real experience then the talk is real.... otherwise is just pure conjecture...

this fat Taiwanese presenter still creditable. he has been invited to many military events and tried many equipment before.

more about this tank can be found here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pereh_missile_carrier

↡ Advertisement

this fat Taiwanese presenter still creditable. he has been invited to many military events and tried many equipment before.

more about this tank can be found here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pereh_missile_carrier

Thanks bro.... only a real military man can talk real stuff.. others just hot air blowers... seen too much in China TV ..

Haha.. this missile carrier disguised as an old tank.. does the tank gun belch smoke when the missiles are launched too? .. lol... [laugh]

Turbocharged

Thanks bro.... only a real military man can talk real stuff.. others just hot air blowers... seen too much in China TV ..

Haha.. this missile carrier disguised as an old tank.. does the tank gun belch smoke when the missiles are launched too? .. lol... [laugh]

ha.... I know what you mean. I always give 50% discount to those China military talk shows.

they are still at the stage of copying others technologies but talk until they can match the US. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Is this Taiwan or PRC tv program?

Looking at these arm chair "experts" talk sometimes make me [laugh] ... talk talk talk.. but did anyone of them actually take up arms and went for field training with the weapons they talk about ? Only with real experience then the talk is real.... otherwise is just pure conjecture...

Nowadays no need to really try a weapons system....for tanks can play WOT and be an expert liao! Play counter-strike and can become sniping expert! Why must join army to try all these weapon system and be expose to all the dangers...😂😂😂!

ha.... I know what you mean. I always give 50% discount to those China military talk shows.

they are still at the stage of copying others technologies but talk until they can match the US. [laugh]

you forgot NK got nuke Washington in their propaganda videos.......no need copy......can edit video can be champion of the world liao...😂😂😂😃!
  • Praise 1

Yup... talk a lot but nothing revolutionary from their side... US now already in Star Wars stage while the rest of the world still in early 2000 tech..

a bit more on the transformer tank here : http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/this-is-israels-top-secret-guided-missile-launcher-disg-1719138825

Credit to foxtrot alpha... [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yup... talk a lot but nothing revolutionary from their side... US now already in Star Wars stage while the rest of the world still in early 2000 tech..

a bit more on the transformer tank here : http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/this-is-israels-top-secret-guided-missile-launcher-disg-1719138825

Credit to foxtrot alpha... [thumbsup]

the more I look at this pereh, the more it looks like a land base scale down version of a Aegis sys.

imagine they group afew pereh together to form a defensive perimeter?

the more I look at this pereh, the more it looks like a land base scale down version of a Aegis sys.

imagine they group afew pereh together to form a defensive perimeter?

Haha.. thats what I was thinking.. more like transformer tank versus T-72.. but the number of missiles for this tank is limited to 8 i think before need external reload.. dunno what tactics to use with this tank compared to normal tanks.... ambush? or a highly armoured mobile missile launcher?

Haha.. thats what I was thinking.. more like transformer tank versus T-72.. but the number of missiles for this tank is limited to 8 i think before need external reload.. dunno what tactics to use with this tank compared to normal tanks.... ambush? or a highly armoured mobile missile launcher?

This would be a nice tank for WoT.. LOL

Nowadays no need to really try a weapons system....for tanks can play WOT and be an expert liao! Play counter-strike and can become sniping expert! Why must join army to try all these weapon system and be expose to all the dangers...😂😂😂!

you forgot NK got nuke Washington in their propaganda videos.......no need copy......can edit video can be champion of the world liao...😂😂😂😃!

funny you should say that.. I am not sure if the WoT tanks are accurate to the real world tanks.. I think got some fantasy in it?

Turbocharged

I think it has 12 ready to fire missiles before reload. The beauty of this missile is fire and forget.

If the FCS is powerful enough., it can lock on to multiple targets at the same time and fire off.

Just like Ip Man. 1 against 10. Ha....

This would be a nice tank for WoT.. LOL

funny you should say that.. I am not sure if the WoT tanks are accurate to the real world tanks.. I think got some fantasy in it?

i no play wot......but games all like that wan......maciam easy like that!

Turbocharged

i no play wot......but games all like that wan......maciam easy like that!

Bro, traversing a real gun on a tank vs pointing a computer mouse on the target is very different lah.

the minute you press the fire button and the recoil you get from the gun is sometime the computer cannot replicate, not even in the tank simulator. [:)]

Bro, traversing a real gun on a tank vs pointing a computer mouse on the target is very different lah.

the minute you press the fire button and the recoil you get from the gun is sometime the computer cannot replicate, not even in the tank simulator. [:)]

i no play wot...but i know computer games is much easier..........and i know some gamers love to use cheat codes!😂😂😂

I think it has 12 ready to fire missiles before reload. The beauty of this missile is fire and forget.

If the FCS is powerful enough., it can lock on to multiple targets at the same time and fire off.

Just like Ip Man. 1 against 10. Ha....

Haha.. ya, shoot and scoot!

http://time.com/3826713/china-building-airstrip-disputed-south-china-sea-islands/

With the Chinese wedging themselves into the South China Sea, will we have to consider including her as part of ASEAN?

China is building a runway capable of handling military aircraft in disputed territory in the South China Sea, according to a recent satellite imagereleased Thursday.

The runway on a reef in the Spratly Islands, an archipelago also claimed in part by Vietnam and the Philippines, could stretch to nearly 10,000 feet and expand China’s influence in a region where at least six countries have overlapping claims. U.S. officials have expressed growing concern over China using reefs to build artificial islands and expand its military presence in the area. China has acknowledged that the islands will serve both civilian and military purposes, according to the New York Times.

President Obama said last week that he had concerns of China using “its sheer size and muscle to force countries into subordinate positions.”

“We think this can be solved diplomatically, but just because the Philippines or Vietnam are not as large as China doesn’t mean that they can just be elbowed aside,” added Obama.

why they have female as military prosecutor?

SAF regular kept 400 blanks in his foot locker
Selina Lum The New Paper
Wednesday, Oct 14, 2015

A regular serviceman was issued blank ammunition to be distributed to his men for an outfield exercise last year, but realised after the training that he still had 400 unused rounds in his backpack.

Instead of informing his superior officers right away, second sergeant M Shanmugavel left the rounds inside his foot locker until they were found 11 days later during a random inspection.

In May, the 22-year-old soldier was fined $5,000 after he pleaded guilty in a court martial to dishonest misappropriation of Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) property.

Yesterday, military prosecutors appealed against the fine and argued that detention should be imposed, pointing out that the case involved the largest amount of misappropriated ammunition to date.

But a five-man Military Court of Appeal dismissed the appeal.

High Court judge Choo Han Teck, who presided over the panel, said written reasons will be issued at a later date.

During the exercise in July last year, Shanmugavel was among the commanders who used a backpack 11/2 times bigger than SAF's standard issue field pack, in order to lighten the load for their soldiers.

His platoon sergeant issued him plastic blank rounds and smoke grenades to be distributed to his men and to be used during the training.

After the exercise, the platoon commander conducted the declaration parade to check for ammunition. Shanmugavel was checked but he did not have his backpack near him at the time.

Back in camp that night, he was clearing the bag when he realised there were still blanks inside.

As his superior officers had already booked out for the weekend and he was late for a family matter, he placed the rounds in his foot locker.

Shanmugavel's lawyer, Laurence Goh, said that his client left camp intending to tell his superior about the rounds when he booked back to camp next week but eventually failed to do so.

But military prosecutor Hee Mee Lin argued that detention is the sentencing norm for the serious offence of misappropriation of ammunition - whether live or blank - unless there are exceptional grounds.

She argued that the military court was wrong to conclude that there were exceptional grounds in this case and the court was also wrong to accept that he had intended to return the rounds.

Shanmugavel "made a conscious and deliberate decision to retain the rounds", she argued.

Fired blanks can result in burns or soft tissue injury, and the total amount of gunpowder involved was "sizeable", said Ms Hee. If the rounds find their way "into the public domain", it could cause public alarm and undermine public confidence in SAF's ammunition control systems.

Mr Goh said that in hindsight, his client, whose father and brother are also regular soldiers, ought to have told the duty officer. He noted that Shanmugavel's superiors, peers and subordinates have submitted testimonials to vouch for his character.

He argued that this was different from past cases of soldiers hiding misappropriated rounds in water bottles and shoes when booking out of camp.

why they have female as military prosecutor?

no need hold gun? LOL

serious note:

she is a mindef legal service officer. basically just lawyer for prosecuting for mindef.

http://www.lsc.gov.sg/AR/2012/html/6-ministry-of-defence.html

anyway for this case it may not be willful misappropriation. but silly actions with severe consequences..

somebody dun like him and bao toh him.

Edited by Nolicense

Expect this case to have greater implications on future RAI policy. Both training units and ammo depots will suffer.

they can have all the accounting measures in the world.. heck maybe RFID every single blank and cartridge.

the only way is to have separate equipment for exercise. hiding rounds in there also no use as you cannot carry equipment back.

the men will have to strip naked and pass through a metal detector. :XD:

↡ Advertisement