Please advise bodywork repair, spray painting workshop

Aerosmith

Midnight Customs (at Northpoint Bizhub) is the worst car spray/wrapping workshop to go to based on my personal experience so be sure to avoid it, and here is why.

To note: Scope of work included spray painting of tyre rims and wrapping of car handles.

They promised to have the car ready by 7pm and we ended up waiting till 11.30pm.

Upon reviewing the work done, Husband saw that the wrapping job done on the car handles was terrible. They offered a touch-up on a separate occasion and my husband agreed to that but shared that he will only pay for the tyres. They said they will have to then remove the wrapper and my husband agreed to that as well. Who would want to retain such poor work?

Staff proceeded to remove the wrapper and by then it was already way past 12 midnight. 

Husband went to check on his handles only to find one of them really loose and he told the staff.

Staff tried to fix the handle but to no avail. Thereafter staff no. 2 (whom i will now refer to as Tiny Wiener) claimed it was originally already loose. How convenient is that?

Tiny Wiener then said the indemnity form my husband signed at the start absolves Midnight Customs from all responsibility should there be any damages to the car. We asked to read the form again and nope, no such luck Lying Tiny Wiener: the form only has a term that absolves Midnight Customs from loss of belongings. 

Lying Tiny Wiener knew he had no way out of this and declared that there was nothing he can do except glue the handle back. Ridiculous.

Anyway, we knew they had no intention to take responsibility for anything at all and since our saturday night was already ruined as it is, we didn’t want to drag it out any further.

We paid $200 and left.

Moral of the story: Midnight Customs might make you wait for 3 hours past the promised time of delivery, do a bad job, spoil a part of your car in the process but god forbid it’s their fault. :) 

good tip, will check them out as I have to fix a big dent on the right bumper,thank you.

Lye Designs for bodywork repair. Phua Spray Painting. both are located at AMK Autopoint, level 4. very good workmanship. price wise, they charge slightly more than the market rate.

Neutral Newbie

I would highly recommend :

SAM WAH MOTORS.  Blk 1004, Bukit Merah Lane 3.

Very decent priced. Great work and in time.

and moreover honest guy ( There was a small touch up still left and he said that he won't charge for that and I could come back anytime and pay then ).

I would recommend him totally !!!

S

Edited by sameerg

I just went to Cheng Chuan Motoring to spray my car / fix it up after a minor accident.

As it was a Mazda 3, I went to JDM first, where i was quoted 700.

Cheng Chuan did it for 230$, downtime was fast too (left on Sat 4pm, got it on Sun 2pm). Can give it a shot or ask for quote if you guys are keen. Quality seems good.

PS: Not an advert, please get quotes from different workshops before you do your repair!

• Praise 1

shortlisted a few ws to respray car. any experience with divine splash spray painting? kinda worry because they removed their fb review. 

Edited by AndyHo

anyone to share your experience for respraying interior? a bit worry since they have to remove everything and put back... afterall it is a old car..

anyone to share your experience for respraying interior? a bit worry since they have to remove everything and put back... afterall it is a old car..

basic rule of thumb. if in doubt than just skip it. there are lots of spray paint workshops around. Why keep embarking on this spray paint workshop where you have doubts about the review?

what about those other few spray paint workshops that you have shortlisted too? If reviews are good, you can consider them rather than the doubtful.

basic rule of thumb. if in doubt than just skip it. there are lots of spray paint workshops around. Why keep embarking on this spray paint workshop where you have doubts about the review?

what about those other few spray paint workshops that you have shortlisted too? If reviews are good, you can consider them rather than the doubtful.

I also dont know which ws to go. Actually shortlisted a paint shop with positive fb reviews... quoted via fb was $1800. Called back few weeks later to confirm price become $2200. Drove down and price shot to $2500... sometimes reviews also cannot trust.

Sorry TS.

Cannot start new thread yet, so have to ride on this thread.

Any workshop to recommend to repair this bumper? Got scratch and dent.

What's the estimate price range for this kind of work

93WFE7l.jpg

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros, just to share my personal experiences, i had been sending my car for spraying job in jb for the past 8yrs until now. So far I am satisfied in terms of price and quality. The Name of the shop is ah Bao Car Spray@bukit indah. Just my personal choice if anyone here need recomendation.

• Praise 1

Hi bros, just to share my personal experiences, i had been sending my car for spraying job in jb for the past 8yrs until now. So far I am satisfied in terms of price and quality. The Name of the shop is ah Bao Car Spray@bukit indah. Just my personal choice if anyone here need recomendation.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

i have an issue, recently my ex gf just ramped my c250 coupe W204 in the front. My front bumper and grill is wracked. 

Do you guys have any recommended workshop in jb or sg for the work? Probably also looking into spraying the whole car. 

On 10/2/2019 at 6:44 PM, Zhiyuannn said:

Hi,

i have an issue, recently my ex gf just ramped my c250 coupe W204 in the front. My front bumper and grill is wracked. 

Do you guys have any recommended workshop in jb or sg for the work? Probably also looking into spraying the whole car. 

I'm more curious if you broke up with your ex-gf due to the accident 😨

Possibly a change of bumper and grill are needed.  There are a few good and reasonably priced ones at Sin Min AutoCare.  It is best to get at least 3 quotes and ask for the type of paint before proceeding with whole car re-spray.

↡ Advertisement