Nissan Qashqai vs Honda Vezel, which is better?

Leoeve

Hello, all who dislike the N Juke!

How can?

It is one of the coolest looking car around, second only to the new Toyota "frog".

Almost got it if I werent a septuagenarian. Wife agreed too, she also septua lah.

Got the QQ1.2T instead. For same price.

We got one as a hire car on a recent overseas trip.

Ok to sit in and drive but we nicknamed it the Nissan Puke. Everytime we got out and saw the exterior it made us want to vomit...   :sick:

What? What?

Seriously, that cant be true! Show proof plz.

Slow drivers think they're being safe but more often than not, they're the most dangerous hazards on the road!

If have to choose between qashqai and Vezel. I will choose qashqai. I rather risk breaking down in a qashqai then catch fire in a vezel.

Or turn turtle

:D

car_knocks_over_tree_and_turns_turtle_at

To be fair to Proton it rarely breaks down and leave you

stranded on the road side. How many Proton you see at

the side of the road? The reason Malaysians don't buy Proton

is everything else breaks down. Like wind down the window to

pay for parking and it cannot go up again. So when it rains the

driver gets wet. Or the brake lights keeps coming on and you

worry there is really something wrong and you cannot stop.

Or remote control stop working and you cannot get in your car

or wipers not working etc. And after repair many times under

warranty or worse still out of warranty and from own pocket

it keeps breaking down again.

Interesting read...

Source:

https://www.whatcar.com/nissan/qashqai/hatchback/used-review/advice/

"What are the most common problems with a used Nissan Qashqai?

Some owners have reported problems with the stop/start system on the 1.2 turbo petrol engine, while others have found this engine consumes an excessive amount of oil or can experience timing chain problems, indicated by an unusual noise particularly when accelerating.

The parking sensors can stop working (or alternatively sound when you’re not close to anything) as a result of water ingress.

The Qashqai’s air conditioning tends to need regassing every couple of years, so check it gets good and cold. If it’s not fixed by a simple regas, then it could be that the compressor has failed, in which case you’re looking at a bill of about £300 for a new one.

Models with four-wheel drive can also slip out of reverse gear so check this as part of your test drive.

Is a used Nissan Qashqai reliable?

Unfortunately not, judging by our latest reliability survey. While earlier Qashqais performed acceptably, this version only mustered a score of 39% – a pretty disastrous showing, in other words. A high volume of electrical faults was largely to blame, but there were other problems, too, all of which means the Qashqai puts a serious dent in Nissan’s reputation for making reliable cars.

Or turn turtle

car_knocks_over_tree_and_turns_turtle_at

Fire hazard not so common yet. The metal is so thin that I think any hard inpact is even worse. I siam vezel far far. May choose qq despite the electrical issues and renault engine. Edited by Andyngps

Fire hazard not so common yet. The metal is so thin that I think any hard inpact is even worse. I siam vezel far far. May choose qq despite the electrical issues and renault engine.

Aiyah. Buy Subaru XV and problem solved. 

Made in Japan. Highest safety rating. 

Very reliable.  Subaru ranked higher than Nissan and Honda in 2017 reliability rankings in US Consumer Reports.

Need to b fast though.  next year no more 1.6 Xv to buy.

Only 2.0.

Edited by jg2000

When i rent a car in a big country for road trips, you give me a qashqai for $10 a day i also dare not drive. I would rather rent a more reliable car.

Aiyah. Buy Subaru XV and problem solved.

Made in Japan. Highest safety rating.

Very reliable. Subaru ranked higher than Nissan and Honda in 2017 reliability rankings in US Consumer Reports.

Need to b fast though. next year no more 1.6 Xv to buy.

Only 2.0.

Haha. I bought fxt instead...but kns...resale value of vezel so low that I kept it instead also...hopefully with the news on coe it may shoot up in next one year. Edited by Andyngps
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1