2015 Feb, 2nd COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

trust me, lta will send reminder to all AD

Aiyah, if agent forget and coe crash, I'm sure lta will say got technical glitches and void all bids,.. No count... Hehehe

• Praise 3

I was at Ubi this afternoon... about 2:30-3pm.

First at Nissan. Got 1 family test drive Qq. Another couple sat down at a corder with an SE discussing. 1 Banker was check out Qq 1.2T. Another visitor... is me.

I walked out... walked pass Toyota. Not interested. Did not notice got people in the show room or not.

Cross the road... Chevy... Man U logo big big on the test cars. All test car models were parked there. You know how well the business is...

Mazda... got 1 family collecting their new car. Inside the show room.... got people there... sitting down at the counter only.

Honda... CRV, Accord, Civic, Citi... nobody checking. 2 Jazz test cars were park outside.

Ody... nobody checking. Finally... Mobilio.... got a few people checking it out.

I walked to the back, collect my car and drive off...

:D

Cat A - $55k!

• Praise 3

bro, you so free ah, can check out leng kee situation tomorrow and update us [laugh]

First at Nissan. Got 1 family test drive Qq. Another couple sat down at a corder with an SE discussing. 1 Banker was check out Qq 1.2T. Another visitor... is me.

I walked out... walked pass Toyota. Not interested. Did not notice got people in the show room or not.

Cross the road... Chevy... Man U logo big big on the test cars. All test car models were parked there. You know how well the business is...

Mazda... got 1 family collecting their new car. Inside the show room.... got people there... sitting down at the counter only.

Honda... CRV, Accord, Civic, Citi... nobody checking. 2 Jazz test cars were park outside.

Ody... nobody checking. Finally... Mobilio.... got a few people checking it out.

Cat A - $55k!

Cat A - $55k!

Last weekend before CNY, all busy shopping and prepare for cny lah.

bro, you so free ah, can check out leng kee situation tomorrow and update us [laugh]

Leng Kee too far for me. Maybe ask Thaiyota.... he more free :D

I was at Toyota Leng Kee last Sun (8/2) afternoon, not more than 10 families. Then at Nissan Leng Kee showrm, worse not more than 3 families.

Today at Honda Leng kee showrm, equally bad not more than 5 families.

Toyota COE rebate level is $53K, while Honda at $57K COE rebate level.

With only two-days bidding from 16 to 17 Feb, I think COE will drop to about $57K.

• Praise 4

If yo2020's prediction is right, its about 2600 per bid, 5200 per month, 63K per year.

Meaning the 'clawback' or restriction on releasing of coe from dereg cars will start to ensure a steady supply going forward.

If this happens, prices will maintain. :(

CAT A drop 5k and CAT B drop 2k. By first bidding in March, it will go back up by a few k again cos there will be many who cannot resist the drop and chiong showroom after CNY

• Praise 1

keypoint .... AD won't allow COE to crash ...

1. got rebate

2. fk up all their pricing and strategy

3. piss off previous customers

in other word .... AD can manipulate the COE ... up $5k down $5k ... all good where their profit margin is already factored in

Cat A to drop about 3-5K.. there won't be a crash as ADs won't allow that to happen. It should largely follow the average reduction in rebate levels provided by ADs this week.

Edited by Wt_know

keypoint .... AD won't allow COE to crash ...

1. got rebate

2. fk up all their pricing and strategy

3. piss off previous customers

in other word .... AD can manipulate the COE ... up $5k down $5k ... all good where their profit margin is already factored in

What has rebate got to do with AD not allowing COE to drop? They still happily return any rebate as their profit margin is already packaged into the selling price.

As for pricing strategy, they just need to have a meeting to set the price for the next bid/

As to pissing off previous customers, that one can't be help if COE do crash, which is not possible lah.

AD cannot manipulate the price of COE on their end, it is still about demand and supply. How I know? Because if people willing to pay $120k for a Corolla altis, they would not mind paying over the odd for COE.

Edited by Coltplussport

Bros,

SEs and people have been telling me that if i intend to trade in a car, it won't make much difference whether COE increases or drops. The reason is that my trade in value of my car will also changes correspondingly. Is this true? My question will be by how much?

Scenario: (for simple calculations)..

1. New car: $100k

2. Existing car Trade in value: $30k

3. Amount to pay is $70k.

If say... COE drops $5k next week,

1. Revised car price: $95k

2. Revised Existing car trade in value: $25k

3. AMount to pay: $70k..

Is this gonna happen to me?? Will the drop in trade in car price < or > or = to the drop in COE???

PLease advise.... i planning to book ........ (someone please stop me... hahahaa)

• Praise 1

more or less it's true because used car price is pegged with new car price ... uniquely singapore situation

coe up ... trade in value up

coe down ... trade in value down

most importantly is what is your current car coe

if your current car coe is low which is bought > 5 years ago

it's more worth it because magically your car trade in value had gone up although your coe is low

Edited by Wt_know

Depends on how old your car is. If it's due to scrap in 1 year. It makes no diff. You are getting scrap value now anyway.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1