Did we earn higher last year? Sure or not?

Evillusion

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152684710137934&id=93889432933 Households earning more in 2014: SingStat

By Alice Chia

POSTED: 16 Feb 2015 14:05

File photo of the Singapore skyline. (Photo: Sutrisno Foo)

AA+

SINGAPORE: Households are earning more in 2014 compared to the previous year, according to the latest report by the Singapore Department of Statistics (SingStat) on "Key Household Income Trends, 2014".

Median monthly household income among resident employed households - a household headed by a Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident and with at least one working person - from work rose from S$7,870 in 2013 to S$8,290 in 2014. This is a 5.3 per cent increase in nominal terms, or a 4.1 per cent increase in real terms, after taking inflation into account.

Median monthly income from each member of the household also rose from S$2,247 in 2013 to S$2,380 in 2014. This is an increase of 5.9 per cent in nominal terms, or 4.7 per cent in real terms.

Overall, resident households received S$3,370 per household member on average from various Government schemes in 2014. This is 25 per cent higher than the average amount of S$2,700 received five years ago, in 2009.

However, this was lower than the average of S$3,650 received in 2013, owing to a lower level of one-off transfers in 2014, said SingStat. Government structural transfers - transfers excluding one-off payments, rose in 2014 compared to 2013.

- CNA/av

Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Honestly, something like this is very hard for the average person to determine if it is true.

My household income did increase by more than 420 SGD last year (compared to 2013) but this is not how it should be counted.

We should count it by asking ourselves if someone 1 year our junior was paid 420 SGD (on a household basis) more than we were in 2013.

Honestly, something like this is very hard for the average person to determine if it is true.

My household income did increase by more than 420 SGD last year (compared to 2013) but this is not how it should be counted.

We should count it by asking ourselves if someone 1 year our junior was paid 420 SGD (on a household basis) more than we were in 2013.

ge propaganda.......

ge propaganda.......

Actually, will such propaganda work?

If you write in the papers that others got such and such an increment while I didn't get it, do you think I will feel upset and vote for the opposition or vote for the incumbent?

• Praise 3

my salary remained the same for a few years liao, if you count in inflation, i actually earn less every year. CCB pap!

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 5

If monthly pay is S$50,000.00, I don't mind no increment forever. :D

my salary remained the same for a few years liao, if you count in inflation, i actually earn less every year. CCB pap!

Actually, will such propaganda work?

If you write in the papers that others got such and such an increment while I didn't get it, do you think I will feel upset and vote for the opposition or vote for the incumbent?

my salary stuck for 4 yrs liao......every other things increased.....nb!
  • Praise 2

I tried to praise your post in vain.

• Praise 1

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152684710137934&id=93889432933 Households earning more in 2014: SingStat

By Alice Chia

POSTED: 16 Feb 2015 14:05

File photo of the Singapore skyline. (Photo: Sutrisno Foo)

AA+

SINGAPORE: Households are earning more in 2014 compared to the previous year, according to the latest report by the Singapore Department of Statistics (SingStat) on "Key Household Income Trends, 2014".

Median monthly household income among resident employed households - a household headed by a Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident and with at least one working person - from work rose from S$7,870 in 2013 to S$8,290 in 2014. This is a 5.3 per cent increase in nominal terms, or a 4.1 per cent increase in real terms, after taking inflation into account.

Median monthly income from each member of the household also rose from S$2,247 in 2013 to S$2,380 in 2014. This is an increase of 5.9 per cent in nominal terms, or 4.7 per cent in real terms.

Overall, resident households received S$3,370 per household member on average from various Government schemes in 2014. This is 25 per cent higher than the average amount of S$2,700 received five years ago, in 2009.

However, this was lower than the average of S$3,650 received in 2013, owing to a lower level of one-off transfers in 2014, said SingStat. Government structural transfers - transfers excluding one-off payments, rose in 2014 compared to 2013.

- CNA/av

Median household income $8.3k

Median monthly income from each household member $2.4k

Median family has more than 3 working members?!

No wonder I peasant single income only

😂

Median household income $8.3k

Median monthly income from each household member $2.4k

Median family has more than 3 working members?!

No wonder I peasant single income only

😂

what you waiting for? Faster get a divorce/widower with working children.....no more pheasant status for you...confirm you can reach the median salary😂😂😂😂 Edited by Eviilusion

Mine decreased 33% if I believed this report..

Got new member to family ma..

Congrats!

what you waiting for? Faster get a divorce/widower with working children.....no more pheasant status for you...confirm you can reach the median salary😂😂😂😂

His monthly salary 50k leh.

If get married, his household salary will go up but average will drop like a stone.

Congrats!

His monthly salary 50k leh.

If get married, his household salary will go up but average will drop like a stone.

wah...pheasant salary 50k.....like that i beggar liao!

I'll be paying less income tax for this year's assessment as compared to last year's.

Jin sad, times is hard. My household income is below the published average.

• Praise 1

haha,....damn funny this one [laugh]

says a lot about you or your employer or maybe both...if you're self employed

I don't give a rat's @ s s about statistics or what the median or mean or average is. What is in my wallet is all that matters. Lies, damn lies and statistics.

• Praise 4

I'll be paying less income tax for this year's assessment as compared to last year's.

Jin sad, times is hard. My household income is below the published average.

Good song,

I only know the Eric Clapton's version

↡ Advertisement