2015 Peugeot 308SW

Tohto

Sold my mini cooper (2nd car) as the warranty about to expire soon. Currently driving VW 7 DSG, coming 2 years, no issue encountered so far. My mini cooper broke down once so I understand the risk of owning a Conti car.

Tossing between Jap vs Conti for car with <$100K deal, compact size and hatchback. Shortlisted Mazda2, Peugeut 208, Ford Fiesta and Suzuki Switch. More inclined to Conti car for power and drivability. Heard lots of poor servicing issue with Ford AD, so will likely take up the 208. I booked my test drive tomorrow for Peugout 208 1.2L Puretech engine EAT6, which is the same engine configuration as 308SW but with 110hps. 

May I have further update from existing 308/308SW owners about their driving experience on 1.2L Puretech engine with Aisin Gearbox?

↡ Advertisement

Sold my mini cooper (2nd car) as the warranty about to expire soon. Currently driving VW 7 DSG, coming 2 years, no issue encountered so far. My mini cooper broke down once so I understand the risk of owning a Conti car.

Tossing between Jap vs Conti for car with <$100K deal, compact size and hatchback. Shortlisted Mazda2, Peugeut 208, Ford Fiesta and Suzuki Switch. More inclined to Conti car for power and drivability. Heard lots of poor servicing issue with Ford AD, so will likely take up the 208. I booked my test drive tomorrow for Peugout 208 1.2L Puretech engine EAT6, which is the same engine configuration as 308SW but with 110hps.

May I have further update from existing 308/308SW owners about their driving experience on 1.2L Puretech engine with Aisin Gearbox?

I think it is all about relativity, depending on your past rides and your preferences. I find the new 308 a good family ride. Aisin gearbox is one factor to push me for my first conti. As for driving experience, I could feel a slight lag in between gear shifts but still tolerable. You should really consider getting the 308 as the interior looks less plastic than the 208.

Given that 208 is lighter, the pickup would be better though.

I think it is all about relativity, depending on your past rides and your preferences. I find the new 308 a good family ride. Aisin gearbox is one factor to push me for my first conti. As for driving experience, I could feel a slight lag in between gear shifts but still tolerable. You should really consider getting the 308 as the interior looks less plastic than the 208.

Given that 208 is lighter, the pickup would be better though.

Thanks. It is for my wife, she prefers a small hatchback as it is easy to maneuver and with good acceleration.

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone,

Here to get some tips from current 308 owners. (: 

I've been eyeing the 308 (non-SW). Test drove last weekend and I surprised myself cos I wouldn't have considered a French car at all. Knowing the sketchy reliability (in the past), I'm hoping things have improved so far?

Also eyeing the Ford Focus but with the small diff in price, 308 offers a lot more features than the former. 308 picks up a lot faster and has better FC. 

Hi everyone,

Here to get some tips from current 308 owners. (:

I've been eyeing the 308 (non-SW). Test drove last weekend and I surprised myself cos I wouldn't have considered a French car at all. Knowing the sketchy reliability (in the past), I'm hoping things have improved so far?

Also eyeing the Ford Focus but with the small diff in price, 308 offers a lot more features than the former. 308 picks up a lot faster and has better FC.

Hi my Friend, no question ask, just go for it, 308 can't be wrong. Value for money. Highest 130HP at it Cat A. My Son owns it for more than half year by now n he is still loving it.

I was driving my Merc CLA200 back then, I find 308 handling n ride comfort is anytime better than CLA. Recently I just changed to W213 E200. Yes this is a better car indeed, more than 2 and half times the price of 308, but still 2 things lose out. Panoramic roof & blind spot detector don't come as standard.

• Praise 1

Thank you Sowfat, I didn't even consider Peugeot as my next car, until I saw your postings. After reading your replies, I just decided to give a try a test drive.

After test driving, I signed the contract on spot. [laugh]

I very much like it!

• Praise 1

Thank you Sowfat, I didn't even consider Peugeot as my next car, until I saw your postings. After reading your replies, I just decided to give a try a test drive.

After test driving, I signed the contract on spot. [laugh]

I very much like it!

Hi teesdale, I'm Glad u made a right choice, at time I do take my Son 308 out for fun ride. Indeed is so fun in term of handling, power, manoeuvring etc... Btw I'm not their SE, n hv nothing to do with Peugeot either.

My Son 308 just one year old since he booked during last year motor show. No complain so far except only if given a choice, he would opt for 308SW with bigger back seat space n boot space with a little top up.

For myself after 4 half mths of E200, beside my last mentioned on moon roof n blind spot detector not standard items, I also realised my back seat not foldable, be it 40/20/40 or 60/40, ended up I got to borrow my Son car to carry a ladder. If given a choice, I would hv gone for E250 with a little top up, for foldable back seat, higher HP, best is the big full screen display.

how's the FC of the 308?

the puretech 1.2 is so far highest bhp tuned among the conti makes. i think by far better if not best package mated to EAT6

only a pity it does not seem to have apple carplay / android auto?

how's the FC of the 308?

the puretech 1.2 is so far highest bhp tuned among the conti makes. i think by far better if not best package mated to EAT6

My 308sw 1st birthday this month. 22k mileage clocked so far. FC wise I am getting 15km/l. After 1yr I still love my ride! The side profile of the sw is a thing of beauty. I usually cruise comfortably at 2k rpm but power is there on tap anytime. I could make a wheel spin launch at red light with sports mode switched on. The puny 1.2l engine even when mated to a wagon chassis is nothing short of amazing.

Edited by Jango
  • Praise 1

The 1.2L Puretech is great on 208, it's powerful. FC can be >20km/l cruising at highway with 80-90km/h. Bought 3 months ago, 2k mileage, great car.. The 208 has a car play , works very well with iphone7, can't live without it.

• Praise 1

how's the FC of the 308?

My W213 E200 doesn't come with apple carplay & without CD or DVD player either.