2015 Peugeot 308SW

Tohto

Hi all,

just wanna update u guys the latest development for my 308SW

The sound that comes whenever i accelerate is gone. But the technician now hear noise coming from the engine. Need extra time to rectify.  Dunno wat they did today but after the repair the engine warning lights came up....need more days to check and rectify the issue

Faint.....Next Monday will be 3 weeks in the workshop....

Have requested for courtesy car which they agreed. Will collect the car 2moro.

Hi all,

new development of my 308sw repair....

After another week of checking.....they diagnosed and need to replace oil vapor this time. No stock again, need to indent and told me shipment and repair will be done by 27/7 earliest...I ask them why take so long? their reply been the spare part is deem not urgent so they choose shipping instead. I told the service engineer wtf!!! My car has been in the workshop for 3.5 weeks and ur side still think is not urgent?? In the end the manager agree to air freight the spare part....still take about another seven days

Dunno wat to do now

↡ Advertisement

Being a 2011 Pug 308 owner, Ive given up on the service at AF.

Fix go back fix go back.  Longest ive been in there is about 1.5mths and lots of back and forth.

After a few episodes, I gave up and brought the car to a workshop which is run by ex-AF mechanics for a diagnosis.

If its a warranty covered repair ill drive to AF and tell them exactly whats the issue.

Ive had a depleting engine oil and coolant issue for the longest time.

Supposedly done lots of testing and replacing but still there, till I got it diagnosed by this other workshop.

Now the car is running like it should.

Being a 2011 Pug 308 owner, Ive given up on the service at AF.

Fix go back fix go back. Longest ive been in there is about 1.5mths and lots of back and forth.

After a few episodes, I gave up and brought the car to a workshop which is run by ex-AF mechanics for a diagnosis.

If its a warranty covered repair ill drive to AF and tell them exactly whats the issue.

Ive had a depleting engine oil and coolant issue for the longest time.

Supposedly done lots of testing and replacing but still there, till I got it diagnosed by this other workshop.

Now the car is running like it should.

Is this workshop which solved your car's problem, Antz?

Hello everyone,

not sure whether anybody still looking at this thread. Just booked 308 recently. Any kind soul care to share good rim shop for Peugeot pcd 5x108 ? And any active 308 forum or fb page currently? Thanks much.

Neutral Newbie

I am looking at a 2nd hand 308SW and looking at the glove compartment left hand side is occupied. Would like to check what exactly is it as I was unable to open it up.

Screenshot_20190904-214938_sgCarMart.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Hi check if anybody have ever encountered this??

'knocking noise at center console box when brake is applied while engine is not running'

I am looking at a 2nd hand 308 SW and after inspection at vicom this remark was given

On 9/4/2019 at 9:50 PM, Noob84 said:

I am looking at a 2nd hand 308SW and looking at the glove compartment left hand side is occupied. Would like to check what exactly is it as I was unable to open it up.

It's because this car was actually designed as a LHD instead of RHD. They just reversed the side of the steering wheel column but didn't bother to move this part.
I can't remember what this part is. But it could be the Car engine starter.

• Praise 1

On 9/4/2019 at 9:50 PM, Noob84 said:

Screenshot_20190904-214938_sgCarMart.jpg

This is the fuse box, commonly seen in French cars haha

Neutral Newbie
On 9/16/2019 at 7:51 PM, rux2nub said:

My wife have been trying the function but has unable to get it to work. I guess that means a trip down to autofrance??

17 hours ago, Noob84 said:

My wife have been trying the function but has unable to get it to work. I guess that means a trip down to autofrance??

Did she use the indicators to the side she is aiming to park at? Otherwise not too sure already, I'm driving the facelifted version which doesn't come with the auto park thingy haha

my car is 3 years old. anyone owning 308sw and post warranty, did u stick w peugfeot for servicing? 

personally i like their service and competency but for some items its expensive. eg. battery change the guy wanted to quote me almost $400. I changed subsequently at Hurry tyre for $280.

Opinions would be appreciated. also if u guys have workshops doing 308 peug around central area, lemme know. [ not chop shop yah ]

cheers

On 4/12/2017 at 8:04 PM, Kasiao said:

My side mirror also making noise since day one, think it's time for me to go for a change.

bro , shorter antenna can get from amazon. i ordered mine and just unscrewed the old one and replace. go amazon and find

On 7/10/2017 at 2:56 PM, Kkren1 said:

Hi guys,

I am new to Peugeot and to this forum. We just test drove the 308 sw - impressive and meets our needs. We are just concerned about a few things.

1 ) How is the after sales support for Peugeot - there has been bad reviews in google and sgcarmart of recent - just wanted to hear you all out - for servicing, knowledge of the advisors and etc.

2) 308 sw rates well in Europe. There has been bad reputation for Peugeot prior to 2015. How does the current model of 308sw fare?

Any other tips and advices would be great. Thank you!!

Kannan.

I used the 208sw since 2016, just about finished the 3yr free servicing warranty. 

opinions:

1. best car for the money, powerful and reliable 1.2turbo engine. [ touch wood, no problems so far w engine and gearbox ]

2. nice interior, everything survived the last 3 years well.

3. exterior paint work is good, i am not v religious w maintainence. but it is still nice n shiny after every clean.

4. good mileage depending on right foot.

I am surprised w peugeot , they really upped their game this round with these new cars.

Only issue, bad depreciation as i went to get a quote from 2nd hand car dealer and i got only 47k after 3yrs of use [ brand new 98k ]. 

Oh well, i guess its due to the old bad rep and poor demand. but hey, just keep driving it then. happy w it still.

↡ Advertisement