2015 Peugeot 308SW

Tohto

Brought 308SW at 120k , then coe drop , now at 113k is a good buy , bye...

Hate coe , its like a gamble , like toto , only dealers wins. Yes , worst for coe , dealers and agents win, all say players has a choice . We choose to loose ...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Anyone got the latest 308SW Allure on-the-road price and any idea where else it can be serviced if AutoFrance can't solve the issue?

Or perhaps some already got ownership experience with the car?

Turbocharged

French cars? I will only touch if it's a real manual. No auto, semi-suto, automated manual...

The current car is using an Aisin 6-speed. Seems fautless... seems...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

The Aisin GB should be good. Supplier to Toyota and Lexus.

The Volvo new 8spd auto also from them.

• Praise 2

Can't say the car is faultless as they already had issued several recall . There is one recall regarding the bolts on the front suspension not within spec . Not too sure if SG batch are being affected or not.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Can't say the car is faultless as they already had issued several recall . There is one recall regarding the bolts on the front suspension not within spec . Not too sure if SG batch are being affected or not.

...well, that's not the gearbox, is it?

• Praise 1

Maybe my family was just lucky. We had a Renault megane and recently sent it to the scrap yard.

In past 10 years of ownership, most expensive fix is the aircon compressor and ignition coil. Other than that it's wear n tear parts like disc brakes,spark plugs and power windows.

Oh ya, the mileage is 190k when it was sent to the scrapyard.

guess my friend suay, dumped his M2 before 2 years. He says biggest regret of his life, whatever could go wrong DID [laugh] even the wear and tear items were premature.

But I must admit, a healthy M2 is a good car. Solid,safe and drives well. In fact I was rather keen on it as well, until a visit to the local Renault forum put all thoughts to rest [dead]

Anyone got the latest 308SW Allure on-the-road price and any idea where else it can be serviced if AutoFrance can't solve the issue?

Or perhaps some already got ownership experience with the car?

With a 5 year warranty, not sure if it is wise to have it serviced/repaired outside

But really looks good [thumbsup]

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

Yes I am enjoying my ride, but no, its not me you are seeing in the wee hour. .. if you like it , buy , life is about taking some risk, cannot take risk, then go for jap, korean car that used matured technology, but its boring. That's why owners are buying accessories to toy up their ride the next day car is delivered.

Encountered a 308SW in the wild today. Wonder if they are enjoying the car?

• Praise 1

SAF recently bought Renault Peacekeepers.

I thought I saw some big green lorry with a Renault logo at yesteday's NDP

Turbocharged

Yes I am enjoying my ride, but no, its not me you are seeing in the wee hour. .. if you like it , buy , life is about taking some risk, cannot take risk, then go for jap, korean car that used matured technology, but its boring. That's why owners are buying accessories to toy up their ride the next day car is delivered.

It was in the midday, actually.

• Praise 1

The Aisin GB should be good. Supplier to Toyota and Lexus.

The Volvo new 8spd auto also from them.

Yes Aisin GB is suppose to be "bullet" proof GB. I bgt my Alfa (we call it qtronic) becos of the Aisin GB

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Wow. The 1.2L EB Turbo PureTech THP130 308 (hatchback, not SW) was able to attain a whopping 35.08km/l in closed circuit testing, driving 1,810km with 51L of fuel (2.85L/100km) over 35 hours.

http://www.technologicvehicles.com/en/green-transportation-news/2728/video-the-peugeot-308-1-2-e-thp-130-achieves-a-record-range-of-1800km-1118-miles#.VcpB55fCBi0

This is the same engine we get.

Sure, it's closed circuit testing and not representative of any real world condition apart from completely uninterrupted cruising, but it's still mighty impressive for a petrol. Just goes to show how efficient the engine really can be. As it is normal drivers like Tanahteck are getting 13.5km/l in traffic jams.

Reading up some interesting stuff on the 308SW; the EB Turbo uses DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating on its components to reduce friction, and altogether PSA filed 121 patents (not a 1,000, but still respectable. Note, filed, not received) for the development of the engine. It has been tested a over a minimum of 1.6 million kilometres and 25,000 hours.

http://www.psa-peugeot-citroen.com/en/automotive-innovation/clean-car/petrol-engine-new-generation

Must say. It is technically quite impressive for what it is. But time will tell if it meets the critical criteria of reliability.

Turbocharged

How are you finding the car's handling? Does it corner quite flat, or does it roll around at speed? Good at overtaking?

I am not a race, imo it corner ok and overtake better than my previous focus. Engine noiseless. Will update more once after I run in more mileage

↡ Advertisement