I'm very impressed with SG drivers

nizmo89

Sometime when i am driving an underpowered vehicle (ie van, old car), although it takes longer to get from A to B, but since i know there's no point fighting with fellow road users, it's best keep to the slow lanes, at the end of the trip, i am very relaxed (in fact very relaxed the whole journey) [thumbsup][:p]

the best is to relax while driving.....enjoy the drive. Sometime quite difficult to do so as we are sharing rds with people of differing mentality!

How come roads to Geylang people still road hog despite good mood? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Geylang mar.....rushing for a quickie......hahaga!

Meaning hoggers come from chinese culture!! [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

not true also.....yesterday i kana 1 abang with wife driving on the 1st lane slightly below the speed limit in PIE. Thought the speed limit was 80 (i seldom drive on PIE) but only realised it was 90 when i pass a speed sign. Took 2nd lane and wanted to overtake the fella but he buay song.....cialat!

not true also.....yesterday i kana 1 abang with wife driving on the 1st lane slightly below the speed limit in PIE. Thought the speed limit was 80 (i seldom drive on PIE) but only realised it was 90 when i pass a speed sign. Took 2nd lane and wanted to overtake the fella but he buay song.....cialat!

LOL

btw, arent most expressways 90 kmh speed limit? (except tunnels)

the best is to relax while driving.....enjoy the drive. Sometime quite difficult to do so as we are sharing rds with people of differing mentality!

True also... maybe try imagine when we drive we have just collected toto top prize, good mood will make us drive and enjoy the trip, not getting stressed by the traffic and other idiot drivers. :D :D

The solution is simple. Ensure all the lorries, van & slow moving vehicles stays on 3rd or 4th lane all the times traffic will be much better even during weekdays too.

Another solution also simple, raise speed limits to 110KMPH on the expressways. The hoggers are the ones who usually have clear path in front of them, but keep to 90kmph just to stay within the limit for whatever reasons.

And since most expressways got about 3-4 lanes, fine the slow moving vehicles on lanes 2 (if got 4 lanes). Usually the lorries and vans speed limit is also 70kpmh, so they shouldn't be on lane 2.

How come roads to Geylang people still road hog despite good mood? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Don't know wor, shouldn't you be able to give the best answer on G-land? Hahaha.

• Praise 1

A. Another solution also simple, raise speed limits to 110KMPH on the expressways. The hoggers are the ones who usually have clear path in front of them, but keep to 90kmph just to stay within the limit for whatever reasons.

And since most expressways got about 3-4 lanes, fine the slow moving vehicles on lanes 2 (if got 4 lanes). Usually the lorries and vans speed limit is also 70kpmh, so they shouldn't be on lane 2.

B. Don't know wor, shouldn't you be able to give the best answer on G-land? Hahaha.

A. This is what I have been thinking!!! During peak hours, all trucks n vans etc with speed limit of 60 or 70kmh should be restricted to the left-most. TPs who book such veh breaking the rule will be given extra incentive which will be added to the fines the offenders have to pay.

Nowadays we very often see such slow vehs clogging up 2nd n 3rd lanes when they actually belong to 4th lane, the slowest lane!!

B. Maybe visitors can get discount if they show bus or train tickets, i.e. proof that they don't drive therefore have not been hogging the roads :-)

Edited by Super7

The root of aggressive behaviour usually lies in the feeling of contention for resources.

When traffic is generally light and it is a non-working day where stress levels are lower, drivers tend to drive in a more civilised and less selfish manner.

The converse is true on a typical work-day, especially during peak hours where feelings run high and everyone feels the need to compete for "scarce" resources.

It's easier to filter out then on again when traffic is sparse. If heavy traffic, most cars will prefer to be remained in the lane

A. This is what I have been thinking!!! During peak hours, all trucks n vans etc with speed limit of 60 or 70kmh should be restricted to the left-most. TPs who book such veh breaking the rule will be given extra incentive which will be added to the fines the offenders have to pay.

Nowadays we very often see such slow vehs clogging up 2nd n 3rd lanes when they actually belong to 4th lane, the slowest lane!!

B. Maybe visitors can get discount if they show bus or train tickets, i.e. proof that they don't drive therefore have not been hogging the roads :-)

Yes, same observation.

All the commercial vehicles clogged up all the lanes travelling at 70-80km per hr, slowing all the vehicles, then only limiting other vehicles at the 1st lane to travel faster.

Then there will always people afraid their car engine will explode when they have speed in excess of 85km/h....and love to brake intermittently even the road ahead is clear in the 1st lane.

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 1

Another solution also simple, raise speed limits to 110KMPH on the expressways. The hoggers are the ones who usually have clear path in front of them, but keep to 90kmph just to stay within the limit for whatever reasons.

Don't know wor, shouldn't you be able to give the best answer on G-land? Hahaha.

To be honest, i would say increase the expressway speed limits to 100kph but only for TPE, KJE and ECP (between Changi Airport and MCE). These expressways have mostly straight roads and i can't count the number of times i've almost lulled into boredom trying to keep it at 90kmh.

On a personal note, my Duck can't seem to keep at 90km/h, sweet cruising spot is between 105 and 115 (yes yes, i know its easier to change my gearing compared to redefining expressway speed limits).

Edited by Nullifi3d

My personal observation. Drivers in sg have a poorer reputation than we deserve. Everyday I drive on our roads, I see fellow drivers are generally kind and patient. Signal and give way and drive safely, etc. We just have a tendency to badmouth ourselves.

• Praise 3

Indeed a more pleasant drive all over the island

I attribute this to the lack of heavy vehicles on the road

No dump trucks, concrete mixers, container trucks, tanker trucks etc

• Praise 2

Yes, same observation.

All the commercial vehicles clogged up all the lanes travelling at 70-80km per hr, slowing all the vehicles, then only limiting other vehicles at the 1st lane to travel faster.

Then there will always people afraid their car engine will explode when they have speed in excess of 85km/h....and love to brake intermittently even the road ahead is clear in the 1st lane.

Or they worry things may fall off from their cars if they go "too fast"..... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1