3rd Generation Volkswagen Touran

Carbon82

Prices listed on VW website should be based on RRP, but we can always find cheaper prices outside cos most people trade below RRPs, Qoo10 itself listed some ^_^

I'm currently using an older/lower 3 series BlackView, reliable and served me well over the past 7+ years. Hope quality of this new one stays good... read some issues with the 650S Wi-Fi connection n streaming... gotta wait, try n see for myself later :P

• Praise 2

Just got my VW Touran 1.4 TSI on Sat.

Love the ride and AppConnect.

Eco mode achieves about 6.1 l/100 km over a distance of about 35 km.

Trying to get used to driving a longer car as I turn into corners.

If only they had the electronic boot for Singapore, it would be prefect. The boot is heavy!

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Can I ask what's the fuel consumption you are getting on your VW Touran TDI?

I collected my car in Jul and have clocked about 3000km+ in mileage. But my fuel consumption is about 14km/L, that is about 750km on average on a full tank.

I read that a full tank should be able to give you almost 1000km...but I'm no where near that. Wondering if it's got to do with drive mode (Eco vs Drive) or run-in period of engine or urban vs highway driving, etc.

Love to get some advice out there. Thank you!

Hey.. we got the car at the same month.. I also have your similar mileage and fc.. was expecting full tank to hit 1000km but avg is only 750.. I guess u seldom use smooth expressway.
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Can I ask what's the fuel consumption you are getting on your VW Touran TDI? 

I collected my car in Jul and have clocked about 3000km+ in mileage. But my fuel consumption is about 14km/L, that is about 750km on average on a full tank. 

I read that a full tank should be able to give you almost 1000km...but I'm no where near that. Wondering if it's got to do with drive mode (Eco vs Drive) or run-in period of engine or urban vs highway driving, etc. 

Love to get some advice out there. Thank you!

This is pretty good as it works out to be 7.14L/100km.

I only managed 6.1L/100km on a trip that comprise of mostly expressway. Normal driving between refuels is between 7.1 - 8 L/km

I noticed there are not too many 3rd generation Tourans on the road. After driving 3 weeks, only managed to spot one white 3rd Generation Touran. 

Last week, I went to the service center of VW. I have gone to the service centers of Mazda, Nissan, Hyundai and Audi. In general, VW service is not too bad. My only feedback is why they let their customers sit outside. Really weird!

My personal opinion is that electric adjustable seats only use once in a while. Unless there is a need to adjust or it should have memory function to auto adjust to different drivers, if you have many drivers. otherwise, not much in use. Therefore manual is fine with me.

Keyless entry means you no need to take out the key to press the unlock button. Just need to approach the car door and "slot" in your hand to unlock and open the door. Locking is the place your finger on the door handle "buttonless" button.

The front passenger seat cannot retract automatically after you recline it to the maximum. 

Service center comment that it is a feature. 

Not sure why it is designed like that why lower end ends cars can retract the seat automatically. 

Yes that is the final price. 

I am not sure if good deal anot, But I need a compact MPV, and touran is the only one that suits the criteria. It was actually down to between touran and BMW 2GT. But 2GT loses out on space functionality and that imperfect 3rd row seats which is very difficult to get in and out from. But we got to give BMW credit as MPV is not their forte.

Actually is $131000. Need to pay $100 more to retain old car plate number.

Agree. Was at the BMW car show in Vivocity. The third row cannot make it and they fit it with a 3 cylinder petrol engine!!!

Regarding the traction control, I do agree. Happened to me a few times.

Welcome! PM me if you wanna join the WhatsApp grp chat

Thanks for the note on the traction control. So far, have not noticed it when I accelerate in sports mode from traffic light.

What a joke... my 2wks old car is raining from inside.

Usually parked under shelter, had been driven a few times during rain.

Today I parked open carpark in the morning 8.10am and there was this downpour. I drove off at 3pm and was shocked that water dripping from cabin lights control panel.

Rushed to VW After sales. Seems like I'm not alone. Another owner came in after me also leaking. Surprisingmy, hers has no sunroof.

Hi. You bought the new Touran direct from VW? This is not acceptable!

• Praise 1

I realised that the fuel consumption meter in my tdi tends to over quote the fuel economy by 1km/litre. Real life consumption based on mileage divided by litres of diesel is always 1km/litre lower. Anyone faced with the same issue?

• Praise 2

Hi

Don't see much post from Touran owners here. Just booked the 1.4tsi EQP at Expo at $125400 due to family size. Hope to join the Touran group here. Thank you.

• Praise 2

Hi

Don't see much post from Touran owners here. Just booked the 1.4tsi EQP at Expo at $125400 due to family size. Hope to join the Touran group here. Thank you.

Most of us now talking on the WhatsApp chat group. PM me your number!
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I just bought a new Touran last week and would like to join the group here for more discussion. Kindly add me into the group chat. Pls PM me.

• Praise 1

Hi,

I'm considering the Touran to replace my current sedan. 

I plan to drive it at least for 5 years but i'm worried about the reliability and maintenance cost.  I presume that Conti cars service or repairs would be quite expensive... 

Would appreciate if there is any inputs or feedback.

Thanks alot!

• Praise 1

Hi,

I'm considering the Touran to replace my current sedan.

I plan to drive it at least for 5 years but i'm worried about the reliability and maintenance cost. I presume that Conti cars service or repairs would be quite expensive...

Would appreciate if there is any inputs or feedback.

Thanks alot!

get a Toyota
  • Praise 1

Sienta ftw

sienta is the worse leh among toyota mpv..

small and thin... felt so unsafe when i sat in one.

wish is ok.. bt i eventually bite the bullet and hit Noah... which is a tad cheaper than estima n alot cheaper than alphard...

Supersonic

sienta is the worse leh among toyota mpv..

small and thin... felt so unsafe when i sat in one.

wish is ok.. bt i eventually bite the bullet and hit Noah... which is a tad cheaper than estima n alot cheaper than alphard...

haha no money then no choice lo...

Getting my Touran in June and would like to be added to the wat app group. Cheers

congrats! PM sent!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2