3rd Generation Volkswagen Touran

Carbon82

Hi getting my touran in June please add me :) thanks.

Welcome!

Booked a Touran. Is it recommended to install the solar film on the sunroof?

I installed it at $150. Works very well. Helps alot with keeping the car cooler.
  • Praise 1

Welcome!

I installed it at $150. Works very well. Helps alot with keeping the car cooler.

One of my worry is the heat from the roof. The other is the fear of it shutter on impact. Do you know the material of the sunroof? My SA said it is laminated glass, but in the US there are reports of increase sunroof glass breakage mainly because the size of sun roof are bigger now.

• Praise 1

(edited)

One of my worry is the heat from the roof. The other is the fear of it shutter on impact. Do you know the material of the sunroof? My SA said it is laminated glass, but in the US there are reports of increase sunroof glass breakage mainly because the size of sun roof are bigger now.

So far in SG I think still ok. Other countries with 4 season I believe it might be due to the high expansion and contraction.

Some of the problem here is the sagging of the sunroof fabric cover.

Go for solar film on sunroof. Really helps alot. Go for the best grade. No need to worry about any LTA requirements cos sunroof is not applicable.

Edited by yokechye

Considerig the touran, sorento and renault GS. got another MIC mpv like maxus g10 or something is worth trying? Hope to get Yall experts advice!!!! [pirate]

• Praise 3

I went to test the 216i on wed and it was terrible guys please dont waste money ah> Tolong ah pml bodoh wan cheat peoples money siao siao, got no servicing package or anything sell at 129. If looking for space incomparable to touran la obviously looking for appearance just go for the renault gs, wan brand just go sim lim buy bmw badge paste on your mazda 5 can liao lah , somemore better handling wor. i floored the 216i and it took 14.7 secs acording to my data logger which is pretty accurate, clocked 9.6 for crv 1.5 7 seater, 9.2 for sorento gt line and 8.7 for touran. Peugeot and citroen their engine 3 cylinder very rough , find it unacceptable. tested the 1.6 thp for c4 gp, took 10.8 secs 0-100. the rgs melted my heart in terms of styling and the one touch folding lah. But if i go with what i want is the kia sorento that does not have the brand image, not desirable brand is it? Kia always kena tio marked as korean lousy car. But if sensible choice is touran right? Sylvester Chia, great SE offered me 119k, free solar film, 3 year free servicing,5 year warranty, in car camera, front & back. I was looking at comfortline, not the eqp one. hope to hear from yall and see if this is a good buy. Manny thanks!!! [smash]

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Neutral Newbie

congrats! PM sent!

Hi, booked touran trendline last weekend. Can add me to the whatsapp group pls?

Tks

• Praise 2

Hi, booked touran trendline last weekend. Can add me to the whatsapp group pls?

Tks

congrats! sent you a PM. you didn't go for comfortline or comfortline EQP?  [grin]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

According to SE Only trendline available in June, comfortline need to wait until oct

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Just booked the Touran Comfortline EQP. Would like to join the WhatsApp group. Thanks.

• Praise 2

Just booked the Touran Comfortline EQP. Would like to join the WhatsApp group. Thanks.

Welcome to the club! Just sent you a PM. When are you collecting your ride? Heard that now collection have to wait until Sept/Oct.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Welcome to the club! Just sent you a PM. When are you collecting your ride? Heard that now collection have to wait until Sept/Oct.

SE said company policy to say Oct, actually latest Sep (that’s the estimated arrival month in my contract). Was advised stock might arrive earlier in Aug. Not concern about delivery schedule, current ride still fine, just wanted to lock price and the $35K COE rebate.
  • Praise 1

Hi all, I am still consider of getting touran comfortline.

Anyone bro can share if the 7K different is worth for upgrade to EQP? 

Possible to change the headlight to LED?

Thanks in advance.

• Praise 2

Hi all, I am still consider of getting touran comfortline.

Anyone bro can share if the 7K different is worth for upgrade to EQP?

Possible to change the headlight to LED?

Thanks in advance.

I chose the EQP not only because of the headlights, bit also because of sunroof and most importantly, the city emergency braking system which is an important safety feature. Helps alot in situations such as to stop the car from collision when front vehicle suddenly stops or someone/vehicle suddenly dash across infront. It "reinforces" the braking power should the system thinks your braking speed is not enough, and also assist to brake should u have not enough reaction time to step on the brake.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2