3rd Generation Volkswagen Touran

Carbon82

Greetings. I just collected my black beauty touran today. Its wonderful. Can i join the whatsapp group pls. Looking forward to hear frm other 3rd gen touran owners.

Congrats! Sent u a PM.
↡ Advertisement

Any bro can PM your SE contact? The one I deal with prob left already.

Ok ignore my above msg... apparently my previous SE still ard...  [laugh]  [:p]  

Apparently they do and last heard delivery in Nov! Long wait!

PM sent!

PM sent!

Chong for Sharan then! The space is great. Especially boot space after all 7 seats taken up

Mind can always change. But then... You saved the road tax on touran

According to SE I spoke with 2 days back, they only left around 20 units to tong till next Jan... earliest delivery is end Nov... looking at how it fly off the shelf..... the wait might be longer..... so I told the SE go ask your boss drop price further, it will be more popular than Vezel...  [:p]  

Hi Bro

Just to check, from comparison, looks like the diff between Comfortline & Comfortline EQP are:

1.keyless engine start 

2.keyless entry

3. smart key

Can ask agent to add and pay for the above features?

4. Remote boot release

5. Electric tailgate

6. driver electric seat

Can the above be done after market? Anyone done it before? [confused]

Thank you.

Hi Bro

Just to check, from comparison, looks like the diff between Comfortline & Comfortline EQP are:

1.keyless engine start 

2.keyless entry

3. smart key

4. Remote boot release

5. Electric tailgate

6. driver electric seat

Thank you.

comfortline vs eqp there's also these:

Key to start engine vs engine start/stop push button

no driver profile vs driver profile

key entry vs keyless entry

Halogen Lights vs LED headlights

no Front assist vs Front assist- city emergency braking

No diving mode (only sport mode via gear stick) vs Driving Mode: Eco, Normal, Sport. 

EQP comes with these which i dunno what are they [laugh] :

Anti-theft alarm system with back up horn, interior monitoring and towing protection

Proactive occupant protection system

anything can be done after market, but might void warranty  [grin]

• Praise 1

comfortline vs eqp there's also these:

Key to start engine vs engine start/stop push button

no driver profile vs driver profile

key entry vs keyless entry

Halogen Lights vs LED headlights

no Front assist vs Front assist- city emergency braking

No diving mode (only sport mode via gear stick) vs Driving Mode: Eco, Normal, Sport. 

EQP comes with these which i dunno what are they [laugh] :

Anti-theft alarm system with back up horn, interior monitoring and towing protection

Proactive occupant protection system

anything can be done after market, but might void warranty  [grin]

wow got quite a fair bit of diff... is it worth the diff in price to get the higher end one?? 

• Praise 1

wow got quite a fair bit of diff... is it worth the diff in price to get the higher end one??

I got the EQP for the city emergency braking. Saved me from clashing into a broke down motorcycle when it suddenly came into my land last time.

Plus the headlights very nice. Haa

• Praise 1

Has the VW gearbox issue been resolved???

This is a very common topic brought up. I am sure after that problem with the DQ200 7 speed dry clutch, VW Group should have done some improvements to it. It doesn't make business sense not to do anything.

There are many cars in SG still using DQ200 which is dry clutch. In the recent couple of years, have there been any more major complaints? Any articles on it? If not, contrary to public perception because it was such a big issue, I think it is alright already. Of course, avoiding it is always the best solution but if the car is something you like, then its up to you if you want to try it.

This question only you can answer for yourself. I got the eqp version and I would say yah worth it, but my friend got the non-eqp because he felt he could live w/o the extra features so it was not worth if for him.

Hi Bro

1.keyless engine start

2.keyless entry

3. smart key

4. Remote boot release

5. Electric tailgate

6. driver electric seat

Thank you.

I know of workshops that does aftermarket Electric Tailgate/Remote Boot Release, and also 360 degree parking camera. But have not come across any who can do Electric Car Seat (to me it’s a pointless feature anyways)

Have so far resisted to install the tailgate as some have rightly pointed out abt waranty issues.

• Praise 1

EQP no auto park?

No autopark. I think many of us park faster manually than relying on autopark. All round sensors or camera is a much better option, but not available on EQP

Has the VW gearbox issue been resolved???

This review posted by a loner911 in 8/2018 is very scary. Not sure if it is true. Would be excellent if he could come in to elaborate:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Review

Owning it for 7 weeks with 1100km on the odometer, the DSG struck. Car been jerking so bad and at times goes half clutch. Towed back to VCS and found no issues. Did a software reload, drove home and immediately the problem came back. Got worse instead with gear grinding badly, car lost power, and suddenly surge forward. Not sure about the reliability of this car is able to last beyond 1 year. Probably it's a part and parcel to be stranded by road side in a Volkswagen

What I like

- handling is superb

- very fuel efficient at 14km/L

- ease of getting in and out of car due to wide door opening

- 5 isofix seats

What I do not like

- DSG reliability, seriously avoid at all cost! What salesperson claim that issue solved is a mystery, it's a lie to me.

- car rattled badly inside.

- no option for electric seat. Difficult to switch between Wife and myself driving position.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This review posted by a loner911 in 8/2018 is very scary. Not sure if it is true. Would be excellent if he could come in to elaborate:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Review

Owning it for 7 weeks with 1100km on the odometer, the DSG struck. Car been jerking so bad and at times goes half clutch. Towed back to VCS and found no issues. Did a software reload, drove home and immediately the problem came back. Got worse instead with gear grinding badly, car lost power, and suddenly surge forward. Not sure about the reliability of this car is able to last beyond 1 year. Probably it's a part and parcel to be stranded by road side in a Volkswagen

What I like

- handling is superb

- very fuel efficient at 14km/L

- ease of getting in and out of car due to wide door opening

- 5 isofix seats

What I do not like

- DSG reliability, seriously avoid at all cost! What salesperson claim that issue solved is a mystery, it's a lie to me.

- car rattled badly inside.

- no option for electric seat. Difficult to switch between Wife and myself driving position.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yup. From one of our group members. It's a lemon car.
↡ Advertisement