3rd Generation Volkswagen Touran

Carbon82

Thanks indeed i'm asking about the 7-seater. Saw an article last week about it on yahoo, but like never came across it before elsewhere...

There is a thread on the 2 Series Gran Tourer (7 seater) already. Check under Conti folder.

I'd consider a Touran for midsized mpv if not for the gearbox issue.

I concur. Beside the gearbox, VW should also consider bringing back the twin charge 1.4 TSI engine with 170ps horsepower.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

There is a thread on the 2 Series Gran Tourer (7 seater) already. Check under Conti folder.

I concur. Beside the gearbox, VW should also consider bringing back the twin charge 1.4 TSI engine with 170ps horsepower.

They claim the gear box issue has been settled. You think ok liao esp as this will be a new model?

Personally, I think better give it 6mths to a year after it is launched then if no problem, can consider.

• Praise 8

They claim the gear box issue has been settled. You think ok liao esp as this will be a new model?

Personally, I think better give it 6mths to a year after it is launched then if no problem, can consider.

They should bring in manual version... 'Solve' the gearbox problem. If so, I'll be the 1st in line to change to this one...

• Praise 1

Wah, bery nice one, especially used 6 speed Manual GB instead of give 7 speed DSG [thumbsup]

if CEVS rebate can reach 20K, I will consider it (1.4 TSI) as my next ride [:p]

Impossible to get $20k cevs after new cevs tiers implement in coming July. This most 5k.

• Praise 1

Is it just me? I see it more like 3rd facelift rather than 3rd gen. Outlook looks almost no different, just playing with light clusters only. Disappointing lah.

• Praise 1

Comparison with outgoing Touran and New Touran. The dashboard and rear lights... wow.

The dash of 2nd Gen Touran look like it is at least 2 generation away when comparing with the new one. Nice update.

• Praise 5

As the new CEVS kick in soon, small TC engine (1.4L and below) will be popular,

With the revised CEVS rebate criteria, the 1.4 TSI variant might not even get any rebate, unless CO2 emissions drop by >10% (to <135g/Km).

FYI, even the current 1.2 TSI variant (not sold in Singapore) will not qualify for the $5000 rebate, with CO2 emissions figure of 149g/Km.

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 5

Is it just me? I see it more like 3rd facelift rather than 3rd gen. Outlook looks almost no different, just playing with light clusters only. Disappointing lah.

Yes, just you... :p

To be fair, VW designer do a pretty nice job for this 3rd gen Touran. Nothing seems to be carried forward from gen 2 model (unlike the transition from gen 1 to 2). ;)

• Praise 4

With the revised CEVS rebate criteria, the 1.4 TSI variant might not even get any rebate, unless CO2 emissions drop by >10% (to <135g/Km).

FYI, even the current 1.2 TSI variant (not sold in Singapore) will not qualify for the $5000 rebate, with CO2 emissions figure of 149g/Km.

I read today newspaper that Volvo S60 T5 (2.0T) even can got CEVS rebate, how come 1.2TSI don't have

The VW Sharan model seems to be better looking in my opinion.

Without doubt the Sharan look better, but it interior look dated, and the size is neither here nor there, imo.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, just that it is time for a major refresh, just like the Touran.

• Praise 4

I read today newspaper that Volvo S60 T5 (2.0T) even can got CEVS rebate, how come 1.2TSI don't have

I think you read wrongly leh. According to news release from LTA, Volvo S60 2.0T will attract a surcharge of $5000 come July 2015.

• Praise 5

Yes, just you... :p

To be fair, VW designer do a pretty nice job for this 3rd gen Touran. Nothing seems to be carried forward from gen 2 model (unlike the transition from gen 1 to 2). ;)

Totally agree. Very obvious to ex-Touran owners like me. From inside to outside nothing looks familiar except for the general shape.

Even for the shape, it is 160mm longer, wider, lower, yet lighter by 62kg, ticking at all the right places. Currently at 4.4m long, I already find it acceptable in terms of leg room for all, would be even more spacious since both 2nd and 3rd row legroom are increased by about 60mm each. With the increased length, it would be about same length as Stream and Wish. So should be among the best among the mid-size MPVs.

Too bad DSG still there.

I used to wash my Touran almost every week, for 2 years and 8 months. No panels are the same. The new one is so much better.