3rd Generation Volkswagen Touran

Carbon82

3 hours ago, Sopskysalat said:

What do you wish to ask? Just post all questions here. But do read from 1st page till last as many Q&A are there.

I have read through from page 1 and really seems that the gearbox should be resolved, think this is the main consideration. A couple more questions:

What is the FC for this 

Did anyone compare touran with the Skoda Kodiaq?

↡ Advertisement

On 10/8/2019 at 3:59 PM, Limkun24 said:

I have read through from page 1 and really seems that the gearbox should be resolved, think this is the main consideration. A couple more questions:

What is the FC for this 

Did anyone compare touran with the Skoda Kodiaq?

Gearbox I not sure. The clutch is still dry and I had replaced 3 times in my 3 years of ownership maybe due to my frequent jam at causeway

Kodiaq is a SUV. In-terms of space, touran is better. Kodiaq 3rd row abit difficult to climb in and headroom is lower due to the seating position. The 2L kodiaq is a better buy I feel. It has better power and doesn't feel it's draggingl

Hi all just got my silver Touran EQP. Been driving for about a week and the FC and driving experience have been great!

Anyone can add me to the group chat please?

16 minutes ago, Fi5hbone said:

Hi all just got my silver Touran EQP. Been driving for about a week and the FC and driving experience have been great!

Anyone can add me to the group chat please?

Congrats! I still remember when we first collected our Touran 3 years ago we were and still love it so much.

I PMed you on the chat.

On 12/14/2019 at 4:14 AM, PhunKEE said:

Signing the dot, would like to join the WhatsApp, btw and solution to view video on the original head unit? 

Eqp

Will be sending u a PM to join the chat

Neutral Newbie

New to this forum. Got my touran almost 3 years ago. Just before warranty is up. Experience tons of issue with clutch, gear box...need to send to workshop for 1 week. Is this normal?!

7 hours ago, ryan123 said:

New to this forum. Got my touran almost 3 years ago. Just before warranty is up. Experience tons of issue with clutch, gear box...need to send to workshop for 1 week. Is this normal?!

Your clutch had the squeaking sound or?

Neutral Newbie

Yes. Issue started in fact 1 year ago. There was already a replacement of the clutch. Issue came back again. I even got the "gearbox is emergency mode" msg on the dashboard.

For any brand of car, is downtime of 1 week and more normal? How come AD cannot keep parts when they know their car got issue. Personally this just reflect very badly on their service. And there is not even offer of replacement car. 

On 10/9/2019 at 9:08 PM, yokechye said:

Gearbox I not sure. The clutch is still dry and I had replaced 3 times in my 3 years of ownership maybe due to my frequent jam at causeway

Kodiaq is a SUV. In-terms of space, touran is better. Kodiaq 3rd row abit difficult to climb in and headroom is lower due to the seating position. The 2L kodiaq is a better buy I feel. It has better power and doesn't feel it's draggingl

wow! 3 clutch replacements in 3 years? what was the damage each visit and how long is the downtime? it is common for the clutch to wear out so quickly? been contemplating to go for the touran if i were to upsize to a 7-seater. test drove and like it a lot, just worried about the reliability and maintenance, especially after warranty over.

1 hour ago, Replazor87 said:

wow! 3 clutch replacements in 3 years? what was the damage each visit and how long is the downtime? it is common for the clutch to wear out so quickly? been contemplating to go for the touran if i were to upsize to a 7-seater. test drove and like it a lot, just worried about the reliability and maintenance, especially after warranty over.

I changed all 3 times during warranty. So zero cost on my end but downtime is one full day

↡ Advertisement