3rd Generation Volkswagen Touran

Carbon82

On 8/4/2020 at 2:52 PM, teojeslyn said:

Hi all, need some advise over here.. am currently driving a 2GT, was thinking to change my ride to Touran.

previously i drove a Golf 1.4 and Beetle 1.2, somehow i still like the handling and feel from VW, i am so disappointed with this 2GT.

i will need to install 2 car seat and do you think a 3rd person can sit still in the middle? or is it easy to move the  seat so that the 3rd person can goes to the last row?

thank you!

The New Touran R-Line, have built-in booster seat. Not yet updated on SGcarmart. Need to go to the showroom to see the car. I went over last week and quite impress with the new facelift and add-on functions, especially the booster seat since I have 2 toddlers. The 2nd and 3rd roll are all individual seat, so seating an adult after installing child seat is not a problem too. Go have a look.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi, just bought a touran 1.6 TDI, any kind souls know any workshops that can replace the sunroof’s shade? Cos the car I bought, the shade is dropping. SE recommend workshop at Carros centre but I’m looking at other options. 
Newbie here, any suggestions on the maintenance for 1.6 TDI. Thanks in advance

Hi guys I'm considering on getting a 2011 touran with new 10 years coe. I managed to test drive the car and it was quiet. No undercarriage sounds, no steering rack noises and managed to go into expressway and rev it up abit. No check lights came out except for at the end when parking the foot brake light came out even after putting to park and hand brake engaged. Is that normal?

Would it be wise to get a coe touran since they are notorious for gearbox issues? Its a consignment car, owner is 2nd owner and bought it with a year left with intentions to renew but bought another car instead thus selling off through consignment. Owner willing to provide 6 month engine and gearbox warranty however exclude wear and tear.

Worse case scenario, if gearbox causes issues what's the price range I need to prep for? Truly hope you guys can advice me. Thank you all

11 hours ago, Penutbuttah said:

Hi guys I'm considering on getting a 2011 touran with new 10 years coe. I managed to test drive the car and it was quiet. No undercarriage sounds, no steering rack noises and managed to go into expressway and rev it up abit. No check lights came out except for at the end when parking the foot brake light came out even after putting to park and hand brake engaged. Is that normal?

Would it be wise to get a coe touran since they are notorious for gearbox issues? Its a consignment car, owner is 2nd owner and bought it with a year left with intentions to renew but bought another car instead thus selling off through consignment. Owner willing to provide 6 month engine and gearbox warranty however exclude wear and tear.

Worse case scenario, if gearbox causes issues what's the price range I need to prep for? Truly hope you guys can advice me. Thank you all

My colleague's 2014 Touran needed to replace the gearbox after the 3 year mark a few years back. He shared that VW centre quoted him 15k initially, but they lowered it to 5k out of goodwill after he made a lot of noise. 

Edited by Biglittlebean

8 hours ago, Biglittlebean said:

My colleague's 2014 Touran needed to replace the gearbox after the 3 year mark a few years back. He shared that VW centre quoted him 15k initially, but they lowered it to 5k out of goodwill after he made a lot of noise. 

Hey man thanks for the reply.

Whoa 15k? 2014, 3rd year mark meaning still on warranty? This is scaring me as the one I'm eyeing is a coe car. If non ad workshop, roughly around the same price? I'm deciding between a coe renewed touran or odyssey. Touran would be gentler on the wallet for insurance and road tax but the scare of major gearbox issue is making me lean towards the ody.... 

1 hour ago, Penutbuttah said:

Hey man thanks for the reply.

Whoa 15k? 2014, 3rd year mark meaning still on warranty? This is scaring me as the one I'm eyeing is a coe car. If non ad workshop, roughly around the same price? I'm deciding between a coe renewed touran or odyssey. Touran would be gentler on the wallet for insurance and road tax but the scare of major gearbox issue is making me lean towards the ody.... 

His car exceeded the warranty period by a few months. Think his Touran had 3 year warranty for the gearbox. I'm not sure about non AD workshops and their prices for GB replacement. 

If I am not wrong, VW has sent out a recall notice before for VW 2011-2015 cars to replace some parts of their gearbox. Not sure if Touran is one of the models. You may want to find out more before making a decision to purchase the car. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi hi, I just booked a used touran diesel. Will be collecting the car this friday. Can add me to the telegram group thanks thanks.

Neutral Newbie

Hi hi, I just booked a used touran diesel. Will be collecting the car this friday. Can add me to the telegram group thanks thanks.

Anyone knows where or how I can fix head unit issues? The bluetooth and usb connections giving issue...

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I got a 2018 Touran 1.5tsi, can you please add me into the chat, thank you! 

Hi am thinking to get a used 2014-2015 Touran. 1.6 diesel.

Is the diesel more reliable than the petrol version?

Any workshops can check for me the gearbox and major issues before I commit? So far I been reading stories about AD charging $15k for GB change after 3 years.

Thank you!