How to remove stubborn water spots on car wind shield?

Tonydeath

1. Visit autobac

2. Buy 2 things (glass compound and water repellant) *japanese product, Soft99

3. Ask autobac staff how to apply these

Applying glass compound can be a tedious and time consuming task...

If you purchase spray type for water repellant, advantage of it is ease of application, however you might need to buy more than 1 can. Depending on the size of your car.

• Praise 1

Actually I have the 3M windscreen scrub like the one you use to scrub your plates.

I got it at autobacs. Dunno $2.50 or $3.50/pc

Looks something like this. Grey colour and palm size. Important thing to note is that all windscreen surface and scrub must be wet or else you will see a lot of scratches on your windscreen.

04.jpg

Mama lemon and newspaper.

Bro, I hope you are not asking TS to use Mama Lemon and Newspaper on car body hor.... :o

claybar / newspaper

1 vote for claybar. But is kan si lang tedious work...

• Praise 1

my method.....

apply powder (those types that you use on baby after shower) on the windscreen to suck up all the oil.

use a wet cloth to rinse it off.

Every 2 weeks, I apply duragloss 101 on the windscreen

• Praise 1

Bro, I hope you are not asking TS to use Mama Lemon and Newspaper on car body hor.... :o

1 vote for claybar. But is kan si lang tedious work...

Windscreen dey. Why you use claybar? I think you need a new pair of glasses. LoL...

Read again lah, bro.

Windscreen dey. Why you use claybar? I think you need a new pair of glasses. LoL...

Read again lah, bro.

I thought I saw he put Car Body loh... seriously. After CNY ang bao giving no money change glasses liao lah~ [bigcry]

thanks a lot bros to reply me and I have try lemon/lime, white vinegar, glass cleaner but water stain still there. Where to find claybar this I havnt try.

Actually I have the 3M windscreen scrub like the one you use to scrub your plates.

I got it at autobacs. Dunno $2.50 or $3.50/pc

Looks something like this. Grey colour and palm size. Important thing to note is that all windscreen surface and scrub must be wet or else you will see a lot of scratches on your windscreen.

04.jpg

thanks bro I will try this

• Praise 1

thanks a lot bros to reply me and I have try lemon/lime, white vinegar, glass cleaner but water stain still there. Where to find claybar this I havnt try.

Use malt vinegar, the brown colour one.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

Read again lah, bro.

claybar can be used on windscreen or car body. it will pick up the surface contaminants and smoothen the surface.

unfortunately, waters spots are unlike oil film. they are probably etched in the glass. if vinegar can't remove the water spots, you need a glass polish. a glass polish usually contains Cerium Oxide which is widely used for polishing glass.

You wanna try glass polish? Its from Benny, our resident car grooming expert.

Here's the link:

http://www.maddetailer.com/product-categories/glass-and-plastics-polishes-cleaners/duragloss-nu-glass-polish-755.html

I have a bottle at home. I don't mind letting you try it as long you drive to my place at Jurong west. If its good, you can get more from him cos I think I have a quarter bottle left. Don't think can clear the whole windscreen.

u want claybar, I have.

After claybar, apply durogloss 101. I also have this.

but u have to come to sengkang.

pm me if you stay nearby.

Edited by Mcf777

You wanna try glass polish? Its from Benny, our resident car grooming expert.

Here's the link:

http://www.maddetailer.com/product-categories/glass-and-plastics-polishes-cleaners/duragloss-nu-glass-polish-755.html

I have a bottle at home. I don't mind letting you try it as long you drive to my place at Jurong west. If its good, you can get more from him cos I think I have a quarter bottle left. Don't think can clear the whole windscreen.

thanks bro i'll buy one and try it

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2