Loopholes for SAF personnel training overseas?

Loki

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/story/man-sentenced-jail-caning-possession-air-pistol-unexecuted-bank-ro

According to this article:

The court heard that Ng had received the air pistol from his 27-year-old brother, a regular serviceman in the Singapore Navy. His brother had brought it back from Taiwan in May 2013.

Does this mean that navy personnel training overseas are smuggling all sorts of contraband into Singapore? I wonder why there is no mention of whether any action has been taken against his brother for importing the gun.

↡ Advertisement

NB, this type of bro baotoe own bro.

Really buay gan.

If both bros go jail, parents sure faint.

Navy Bro sure kana big time henta kaki

Edited by Mcf777

His brother is a regular - probably didn't even get checked at all.

I also heard from some people working in Naval base that Indian navy sailors like to smuggle white goods from Singapore to bring home on board their ship.... Also not checked by us.

erm, the article did not state the brother brought it back when on duty wor ......

you are so naive, navy or not, we have people smuggling restricted things everyday lor ......

• Praise 1

But this guy really cannot make it... Anyhowly stash the pistol outside. Just bring it back home & keep quite. No one will find out since he did not even try to rob bank.

But this guy really cannot make it... Anyhowly stash the pistol outside. Just bring it back home & keep quite. No one will find out since he did not even try to rob bank.

No balls (to carry out the crime) and also no brains. Now gotta sit in jail.

By the way, seems like his jail sentence is not for the attempted robbery (that was in his head) but the possession of the weapon. Wonder what his brother will get for bringing it in.

Also, what firepower does this weapon have? Is it a toy gun?

• Praise 1

This means spf interrogation skills damn kilat.

Ask about toy gun, suspect admit to robbery plan. Could easily said he wanted to shoot crows.

Edited by Karoon

[lipsrsealed]

After every overseas trip the NSB guys will raid the vessel when it reach the base. SAF rule #8 remains. Cant say much in the open forum.

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

small little items are very easy to smuggle onboard a ship.

as for weapons, just strip it into smaller parts and hide in diff places on the ship.

this is what I will do if I am in the navy. [:p]

This means spf interrogation skills damn kilat.

Ask about toy gun, suspect admit to robbery plan. Could easily said he wanted to shoot crows.

There is no cure for stupidity.

Deserved to be jailed.

• Praise 1

[lipsrsealed]

After every overseas trip the NSB guys will raid the vessel when it reach the base. SAF rule #8 remains. Cant say much in the open forum.

MPs suppose to search for contrabands on all vessels. Dunno how thorough they are though....

• Praise 1

Provost sian big time. Now must go search all SAF personnel returning from oversea. Thanks to sabo king. Bookout hours will delay by at least 2hr.

small little items are very easy to smuggle onboard a ship.

as for weapons, just strip it into smaller parts and hide in diff places on the ship.

this is what I will do if I am in the navy. [:p]

True..how well can MP know where are the hidding plc on a vessel, best of this and that all it is classified mp cant go in

Twincharged

MPs suppose to search for contrabands on all vessels. Dunno how thorough they are though....

They'll probably be very thorough already after this incident.

bro...those in navy i heard have some parts of ship normal officers cant check...i guess that is how...i may be wrong bit hor...the ship so bloody big... hide anywhefe also cant find

Provost sian big time. Now must go search all SAF personnel returning from oversea. Thanks to sabo king. Bookout hours will delay by at least 2hr.

True..how well can MP know where are the hidding plc on a vessel, best of this and that all it is classified mp cant go in

This guy brains like human-processed-food....

Also:

Ng has two young children and previously worked as a security guard and army regular.

Seriously? SAF most important rule also can flout. Prolly why he's no longer a regular... Maybe.

Edited by Hydrocarbon

Lets us touch our heart. MP are mostly NSF too..

NSF... we all used to be NSF...

So... you get what I mean [rolleyes]

• Praise 1