2015 Mar, 1st COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

2nrkjrt.jpg

i reckon this shall b the most interesting bidding exercise in the past 1 yr or so. must watch!! [;)]

will cars' Cats continue to drop?? [lipsrsealed]

were there many kan cheong spiders?? [:p]

the est COE quota frm May 2015 was computed in Post #136 in this thread: http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2696791-monthly-sharing-on-dereg-data-projected-coe-quota

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Nissan has also increase the price of their cars. Folllow Toyota. I agree with u it will go up.

I think this round will hold or even up abit.

Base on ad showroom visit n reading on this forum, it seem quite a lot did plc their order after last bidding

Nissan has also increase the price of their cars. Folllow Toyota. I agree with u it will go up.

My guess is that COE price will go up (but i hope i am wrong here so that we can see COE continue to go down quickly).

for Mar'15 first bidding exercise, I am more interested to know how many car buyers did not get their COEs successfully.

If there is a huge portion of unfulfilled bookings due to unsuccessful COEs biddings, then the Mar'15 2nd bidding will continue to remain strong.

If this happens, then we know that car dealers are slashing Car prices (more than the COE drop) just to lure buyers in to lend support to COE price.

It is not in AD interest to see a crash in COE, which will make selling cars very difficult during the subsequent bidding due to unrealistic expectation of next batch of buyers.

Seems like VW not hitting the quota , now throwing price , Jetta < 110k .

If more AD having sufficient order COE will rise , I believe Toyota & Mazda may have substantial orders, base on what they are offering to the market.

This weekend we shall see which AD keen to throw more goodies and huge discount , those not keen means fullfill quota d .

• Praise 1

Given pressure I am being put under by three to four dealers to sign by Tuesday, my feeling is that AD think CoE will drop further giving impetus to the current "wait-and-see" from purchasers.

Even if this bid goes up a little as a knew jerk reaction to recent bidding, following ones will surely go down based on headline news I heard on the radio a day or two ago that private car population in SG is now the lowest in 4yrs.

I had a SM this afternoon dropping their promo price from $176k to $169k (listed at $204k) provided I sign this weekend.

AD are feeling the pressure.

• Praise 4

2nrkjrt.jpg

i reckon this shall b the most interesting bidding exercise in the past 1 yr or so. must watch!! [;)]

will cars' Cats continue to drop?? [lipsrsealed]

were there many kan cheong spiders?? [:p]

the est COE quota frm May 2015 was computed in Post #136 in this thread: http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2696791-monthly-sharing-on-dereg-data-projected-coe-quota

as ADs play a major roles in the bidding, so ADs rebate threshold is the COE reference,

CAT A 55k, CAT B 65k, CAT E 67k

No lah, if you don't sign by Tuesday, they will have a revised price list and they cannot guarantee what they offered. This is common. Every SM has a target to meet.

Everybody knows they can't guarantee prices but it's no reason to drop an additional over 4% just days before a bidding. Looks more like panic than tactics.

really? Where u hear from?

Nissan Xtrail revised priced to $141.8k from $151k..

You are super pro car sales. Keep saying car price going up, Coe price going up, better buy now and wait further price increase.. are you actually Mr Raymond Tang, the honorable Secretary of used car trade Singapore?

• Praise 3

when CNY is coming, ppl said COE will go up... but it didnt.

after the Car Show in mid Jan, ppl said COE will go up... but it didnt.

now that CNY is over, Car Show is over, AD keeps slashing prices to attract more buyers than b4 (coz now got more COE Quota, so can sell more cars).

we now see promo like "enjoy a $6,888 discount off any Nissan car purchased", "Mazda: Up to $9,000 additional savings!", "Enjoy festive special up to $13,000 off with Honda", ...

so how many buyers hv signed the dotted line last weekend n will sign it this weekend???

we shall save the interesting answer for next Wed!!! [:p]

• Praise 2

Depends what was the originally quoted package you got. They can play all kinds of tactics to make it look like a better deal than the previous week - not just price, but also your loan, insurance, trade-in value, minimum loan, free servicing, freebies, etc.

It is purely price.....I already got 3yrs free service, free 1yr insurance, guaranteed CoE, $2k overtrade and an interest rate at 1.88%.

Given pressure I am being put under by three to four dealers to sign by Tuesday, my feeling is that AD think CoE will drop further giving impetus to the current "wait-and-see" from purchasers.

Even if this bid goes up a little as a knew jerk reaction to recent bidding, following ones will surely go down based on headline news I heard on the radio a day or two ago that private car population in SG is now the lowest in 4yrs.

I had a SM this afternoon dropping their promo price from $176k to $169k (listed at $204k) provided I sign this weekend.

AD are feeling the pressure.

yeap, i guess so.

last quarter (Nov to Jan), there were 3061 Cat A/B/E every mth.

this quarter (Feb to Apr), there r 3766 Cat A/B/E every mth.

that's 705 more or 23% more.

in other words, every AD/SM would need to sell 23% more every mth!! :o

It is purely price.....I already got 3yrs free service, free 1yr insurance, guaranteed CoE, $2k overtrade and an interest rate at 1.88%.

What model is this?

quite "fun" to predict prices if not involved.

Guess it will be plus minus 2-3k, depends on how AD wish to actually bid for their bookings, they will do this in batches, that's why unlikely to shoot up too high

• Praise 2

One thing for AD as long they are able to secure your signature, it adds on to their quota. New car price down up to 10 k also no worries , as buyer wouldn't forfeit deposit.

So my advice don't gan cheong, steady let AD show hand, if buyer steady AD will gan cheong , when they gan cheong means more benefit for car buyers.

• Praise 1

Which car is this ?

$204k down to $176k, sounds like their profit margin is very high, and needs to maximize bank loan. Minimum 50% loan 5 year loan ? Means you take 102k loan and pay close to 10k interests to pay for your 2k overtrade, free insurance and free servicing.

Just imagine cost of AD are basically fix be it 100 COE or 150 COE

- salary

- rental

- stocking

Example :

at 100 COE they need to earn 100k to cover all cost and have decent salary for all staff

at 150 COE they earn more so maybe 120k , so average out car price drop.

* All cost cover , Bonus also can be issued

↡ Advertisement