Pioneer HD DVB-T2 Digital TV Tuner

Hyundai8818

M nt too sure abt it bro. Thanks for feedback. AV quality is more than enuff for 7 inch display. 

You are right.  But my point is no point spending $400 for less than HD quality just because of the integration.  

I tried using home digital TV tuner box in the car by using a USB to DC round tip connection for power, HDMI to Micro HDMI in for the video signal into the HU and with small antenna connected and placed on the dashboard.  Not sure why only sound come up and no pictures?  

↡ Advertisement

Got my tuner & headrest monitorfrom Acegem84, installed it last week

Shown here with my 500GB hdd, I tried a 1TB hdd, no problem playing back movies. Hdd must format to fat32.

movie file formats playable are: avi, mp4, some mkv

2016-03-30%2007.26.38_zpsz6nszsya.jpg

7" screen

2016-03-30%2007.28.25_zpswpy0sg6n.jpg

the antenna.

2016-03-31%2017.13.05_zpstvoxpy1z.jpg

*Will update more later.

• Praise 1

Pitstop auto assessories , workmanship not bad . Was introduced by seller acegem84 when I bought from DTV unit. Google u will find their shop at serangoon north . Workmanship $50 they charge me . Standard market rate , dun go for cheap labor . It will cause u more trouble .

• Praise 1

Bro Acegem84,

I'm interested in the DVB-T2 receiver too.

Can you share your contact with me?

Thanks!

Check inbox bro. 

Bro Acegem84,

I'm interested in the DVB-T2 receiver too.

Can you share your contact with me?

Thanks!

Check inbox bro 

(edited)

Bought this at Taobao. Seller extremely helpful.

https://world.taobao.com/item/528659596419.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.dNp7Q0#detail

With air shipment cost me $135. Installation another $40.

Very very strong signal with 4 antenna. So far best in the market. But sound quality not as good as Pioneer GEX-1750. Maybe becos I use RGB AV cable and not HDMI.

I have the 2 antenna type but is had some buffer issue whereby it took quite sometime to recover the image after signal lost and recover.

https://world.taobao.com/item/43615637810.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.dNp7Q0

I also have Pioneer GEX-1750 and was changed new set for 3x, send for repair for 2x. It always reset.

Finally they change to new PCB board and I put in my locker liao, unused.

I did not try GEX-2850. Maybe it is better?

The good thing on Pioneer GEX DVB-T2 tuner is that it can still perform timer record when engine is stop.

Another thing to note that in order to use on Pioneer HU HDMI, the DVB-T2 must set output to 480p. Else cannot use HDMI. I am using Pioneer AVH-8750BT and was told to do so.

If the DVB-T2 reset, there will no HDMI option in the HU liao as the default output setting is 720p. Have to put in AV cable, view in HU and set it to 480p. I try on this new 4 antenna DVB-T2 tuner HDMI and it cannot work as it does not have 480p output setting. Maybe the new Pioneer AVH-8850BT HDMI will not have this bottleneck issue.

Edited by Gdspd08

Neutral Newbie

Bought this at Taobao. Seller extremely helpful.

https://world.taobao.com/item/528659596419.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.dNp7Q0#detail

With air shipment cost me $135. Installation another $40.

Very very strong signal with 4 antenna. So far best in the market. But sound quality not as good as Pioneer GEX-1750. Maybe becos I use RGB AV cable and not HDMI.

I have the 2 antenna type but is had some buffer issue whereby it took quite sometime to recover the image after signal lost and recover.

https://world.taobao.com/item/43615637810.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.dNp7Q0

I also have Pioneer GEX-1750 and was changed new set for 3x, send for repair for 2x. It always reset.

Finally they change to new PCB board and I put in my locker liao, unused.

I did not try GEX-2850. Maybe it is better?

The good thing on Pioneer GEX DVB-T2 tuner is that it can still perform timer record when engine is stop.

Another thing to note that in order to use on Pioneer HU HDMI, the DVB-T2 must set output to 480p. Else cannot use HDMI. I am using Pioneer AVH-8750BT and was told to do so.

If the DVB-T2 reset, there will no HDMI option in the HU liao as the default output setting is 720p. Have to put in AV cable, view in HU and set it to 480p. I try on this new 4 antenna DVB-T2 tuner HDMI and it cannot work as it does not have 480p output setting. Maybe the new Pioneer AVH-8850BT HDMI will not have this bottleneck issue.

I just brought the 2 antenna tv receiver

Is really that bad......

Neutral Newbie

bad ? in what sense ? 

Im just asking is the 2 antenna tv turner take long time to recover the image after signal lost

Thanks

↡ Advertisement