Mileage Claim Adjustment?

Dear Bros,

Now with the stupid additional tax on petrol, shouldn't be the mileage claim from one's employer be adjusted as well?

The question here is how much is then consider reasonable?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I doubt most employers will adjust.

When petrol prices went down, did employers reduce mileage claim amount?

They will clone what the esteemed Finance Minister said... That even with excise duties increased, current prices are still lower than during the Peak.

• Praise 1

(edited)

You should be glad if they still reimburse you. There are just too many smelly employers....

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

You should be glad if they still reimburse you.

Doubt it can be considered as reimbursement when it is partial.

Using the avg FC at 10km/L

$2.05 can get a litre.

Think 25 cents per litre is a generous rate.

Bro.. you mean 25 cents per kilometre? At 25 cents per litre, you are losing $1.80 per litre!

[laugh]

I doubt most employers will adjust.

When petrol prices went down, did employers reduce mileage claim amount?

They will clone what the esteemed Finance Minister said... That even with excise duties increased, current prices are still lower than during the Peak.

No need to adjust lah. From what I know, most companies if not all, gives $0.40 per kilometre, which is more than adequate to cover fuel cost and perhaps a little of car maintenance.

You should be glad if they still reimburse you. There are just too many smelly employers....

If your job requires you to have a car, they will have to reimburse you in some way. If not, change job.

• Praise 1

Bro.. you mean 25 cents per kilometre? At 25 cents per litre, you are losing $1.80 per litre!

[laugh]

No need to adjust lah. From what I know, most companies if not all, gives $0.40 per kilometre, which is more than adequate to cover fuel cost and perhaps a little of car maintenance.

If your job requires you to have a car, they will have to reimburse you in some way. If not, change job.

Hahaha, typo error. I meant to say 25 cents per km would be the rate that can meet the fuel reimbursement at current pump price.

Dear Bros,

Now with the stupid additional tax on petrol, shouldn't be the mileage claim from one's employer be adjusted as well?

you are 1st day living in Singapore?

remember your boss are not charitarian, if he always consider their employees' benefit, he will be not your "BOSS"

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Dear Bros,

So when are you going to nego with your boss when we give you the suggested rate here? Must keep us informed of your boss answer.

I say the rate should just add in the tax amount...

(edited)

So when are you going to nego with your boss when we give you the suggested rate here? Must keep us informed of your boss answer.

I say the rate should just add in the tax amount...

I think he is just asking the question in general? lol. Unless you tell me his boss gives him $0.20 per km, then it's too little. If it's $0.40 per km, it's more than enough. If the car averages 14-15km/l, he still gain some profit lol

Edited by Sunset73

Supercharged

I think he is just asking the question in general? lol. Unless you tell me his boss gives him $0.20 per km, then it's too little. If it's $0.40 per km, it's more than enough. If the car averages 14-15km/l, he still gain some profit lol

Who will find money stinky, of course will agree to increase the rate mah...

anyway profit not much lah... wear and tear / car maintenance must also be considered ok... and the risk of getting into an accident already cannot be covered by that 20 40 or 60 cents if most of the time is on the road... btw my co give 60 per km...

Who will find money stinky, of course will agree to increase the rate mah...

anyway profit not much lah... wear and tear / car maintenance must also be considered ok... and the risk of getting into an accident already cannot be covered by that 20 40 or 60 cents if most of the time is on the road... btw my co give 60 per km...

Save up the remaining amount for maintenance [laugh]

If the company is calculative, why should employee save Ah gong monies at his/her own expenses?

But cab (err.. is Uber) rate is $8/km [drivingcar][drivingcar]

U mean $0.80 or $8?

If the company is calculative, why should employee save Ah gong monies at his/her own expenses?

U mean $0.80 or $8?

$8

↡ Advertisement