Retirement in Malaysia - how much RM a month for living?

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Starry said:

At least in SEA, no one will look at me thinking I should go back to China.

I wouldn't agree with this....

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged
2 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

I wouldn't agree with this....

why not? If I stay in Msia which is in SEA, at most they ask me to go back to SG, but not China.  Chinese community is plenty there, they have no racism issue against Chinese and they know we are not from China!

Go to AM country and they think all Chinese are from China! 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Starry said:

Yeah, but they will always look at us as a lowly minority, probably worse than blacks lor.

A friend who migrated to Australia told me there is little discrimination in MEL.   Okok... He runs his own business, drive a X6 and lives in a good neighborhood... People don't discriminate against money. 

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Just in case you guys didnt know, instead of moving to othe countries in SEA, we can live like kings in other western coubtries too.  

just so that you know. 

Must ask for your fine print. 

Your minimum passive income is $20k a month.  Can live like in a king in many countries.

So which are the countries?

On 6/26/2020 at 8:47 AM, Wt_know said:

my wife kill the perth idea in the first instance because all shops close at 5pm choon choon and weekend the city or whole town is DEAD ... lol

unlike taiwan ... we can cheong various night market and many shops and shopping centre open till night (at least 9pm) and book shop open 24 hrs ... lol

After a while , you will realise that every night markets are the same, even the offering from the stalls  are repeating from one another. And how often can one shop ? Not sian men? What I see Taiwan as a viable location for retirement  is

1. Similar culture,  chinese speaking,  easy to adapt.

2. Fairly good medical facility which is important when one gets older.

3. Lower cost of living, in relative terms.

4. More vibrant than many other cities yet good social order with  no racial discrimination for chinese, one will not feel the same in aussie and even KL .

• Praise 3

(edited)
2 hours ago, Starry said:

Yeah, but they will always look at us as a lowly minority, probably worse than blacks lor.

If you think yourself as then you will be.

Anyway i can afford to live in their high end neighborhood and drive premium cars , i am as educated, well travelled speaking the same language so there is nothing for them to look down upon .

Edited by Throttle2

2 hours ago, Starry said:

Same thought here 😄 

Blacks are big build n strong ... we asian probably kana left right up down 🙄

• Haha! 4

4 hours ago, Acewin said:

Has anyone ever consider Vietnam? I have a close friend single not married age 55+ retired in Ho Chi Minh city (District 1) whenever I visit Vietnam will stay at his place from him, I understand the cost of living there just to share a approx. breakdown of what I can remember. They always quote these cost in USD per month.

Accommodation similar to our 1 bedroom condo size include utilities (250 to 300)

Food street food Pho/Ban Minh etc about (150)

Restaurant ( 100)

Groceries milk, fruits, eggs etc (80)

Data plan (20)

Motorbike rental (90)

Petrol (20)

Grab transport (25)

Insurance (20)

Others (80)

Estimate is less than USD 1000 per month and he is living happily.

I visited him and some tines we take public bus around and the fees was dirt cheap.

Last year when I visited him he teach me to take public transport from Airport to District 1 and the cost is only 20,000 Dong. If take taxi will be around 200,000 Dong.

I am also considering this option but this Vietnam needs visa.

Need to speak local to survive there ? 

👍

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Must ask for your fine print. 

Your minimum passive income is $20k a month.  Can live like in a king in many countries.

So which are the countries?

Most countries i believe

• Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

If you think yourself as then you will be.

Anyway i can afford to live in their high end neighborhood and drive premium cars , i am as educated, well travelled speaking the same language so there is nothing for them to look down upon .

Yah wear ur rolex vintage lagi earn more respect🙈

8 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Confirm, vietnam speak zero english

Other languages ? Chinese , hokkien , teochew ? 😄

• Haha! 4

(edited)

Sometimes its quite crazy to think that we can be living in a 5,000sft 6br 6bath house with swimming pool fronting the ocean 

and also having a Cayenne, an S500 and a 911 plus 2 motorcycles to get onto open roads and beautiful horizons.

While here we are , cramped in our little houses and condos paying 3 times for our vehicles and having no roads befitting to use them....

hai...... 

this one USD3mil built on 12000sdt of land.  Walk out to a beautiful neighbor minutes away from the ocean with excellent views .   

78BCA7BD-1399-4FB9-987C-6C48CAF902B9.jpeg

AE8BAFAE-143A-4347-9ADD-8621D4EA0FDB.jpeg

509A050A-AB90-4D15-B453-682A0C86C912.jpeg

2F4BECD0-5E14-44A9-9804-4FF2D8BD659A.jpeg

5DD80E3E-2F09-41DC-8C2E-072DDD3400F8.jpeg

Edited by Throttle2

Hypersonic
8 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Just in case you guys didnt know, instead of moving to othe countries in SEA, we can live like kings in other western coubtries too.  

just so that you know. 

Hawaii? :grin:

59 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Hawaii? :grin:

Thats one of them and Oahu is considered expensive in the US. 
i have been looking at Oahu realestate for quite many years.  But just dreaming becos i know i wont leave Singapore for it. 

Hawaii is a place where the majority are asians from either the islands or japan and korea.  So in terms of color 100% wont feel out of place.   

• Praise 2

33 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

More ex than here, I think

Nope its actually cheaper in terms of realestate, cars.  But of course dont expect to find $3 wantan mee.  Average food court price is usd10. 
however fresh produce is abundant and if you buy and cook yourself, its great.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
11 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Thats one of them and Oahu is considered expensive in the US. 
i have been looking at Oahu realestate for quite many years.  But just dreaming becos i know i wont leave Singapore for it. 

Hawaii is a place where the majority are asians from either the islands or japan and korea.  So in terms of color 100% wont feel out of place.   

Why won''t leave Singapore for it? 

↡ Advertisement