Retirement in Malaysia - how much RM a month for living?

(edited)
2 hours ago, NightWind said:

Y Penang only? Kuantan  n Cherating also has nice beaches n u can drive your S class to sg too.

Actually  koh Samui has even nicer n cheaper landed beach villas with pool, n u can drive from there too.

The beach in Penang really not so nice when i was there....

Penang got good hospital so u die later than u retire in kuantan lol

retirement is not only about having a good view of beach but need good medical facilities. Most of the times u will be visiting doctor than visiting beach😂

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Penang has a lot more chinese, a lot more different food, a lot more vibrant , a lot more alchohol... which is very important. 

penang durian also much better/varied.

one big negative abt Penang is the crazy drivers. Seems to me that penang drivers are the fiercest in Msia (even compared to KL and JB).

• Praise 1

Supercharged
52 minutes ago, NightWind said:

Er i thought the whole country is muslim. Penang has a chinese majority but its still muslim state....

Penang, with Chinese majority,  you are able to blend better mah.  Talk also Chinese, food also Chinese,  neighbours also probably Chinese.  Who cares if it is a muslim state or not. Not like people are retiring there to pray.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Starry said:

Penang, with Chinese majority,  you are able to blend better mah.  Talk also Chinese, food also Chinese,  neighbours also probably Chinese.  Who cares if it is a muslim state or not. Not like people are retiring there to pray.

For sure don’t retire in indonesia, maybe only in bali can. Other places their mosque speaker super loud that i get woken up at 4-5am every morning when i was in sby

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Starry said:

Then go to Koh Samui or Phuket. The villas there r so nice n affordable. See https://www.conradproperties.asia/properties/pool-villa-for-sale-in-koh-samui-beautiful-lamai

But buy only the completed units n avoid bto. The new btos wont complete n u risk losing your money.

Edited by NightWind

30 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Penang got good hospital so u die later than u retire in kuantan lol

retirement is not only about having a good view of beach but need good medical facilities. Most of the times u will be visiting doctor than visiting beach😂

Thats true u need good health care system. But most of us intend to use it as 2nd retirement n holiday home n spend half the yr there n retain the home here in sg n have access to heslth care here.

Of coz it means traveling there n back every 2 to 3 months but its worth the travel hassel imho.

• Praise 2

(edited)
6 minutes ago, NightWind said:

Thats true u need good health care system. But most of us intend to use it as 2nd retirement n holiday home n spend half the yr there n retain the home here in sg n have access to heslth care here.

Of coz it means traveling there n back every 2 to 3 months but its worth the travel hassel imho.

Penang is famous for healthcare alot medical tourist from indonesia went to penang instead of sg due to the cost. 

of course if possible seek treatment in sg but if its emergency or relapse then nearest hospital will be preferred. Hence if want stay penang then find condo unit near these list of hospitals 

https://www.facebook.com/speedandsound/videos/1060310390987349/?vh=e&d=n

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

(edited)
11 minutes ago, NightWind said:

Kuantan have this one, no need healthcare, every illness is taken care ...

6a00d83451b52369e201a51183c765970c-550wi.jpg

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 3

7 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Penang has a lot more chinese, a lot more different food, a lot more vibrant , a lot more alchohol... which is very important. 

Actually I have observed Penang-nites speak pretty very good English too; I mean the older Gen.  

I have been to Penang only on 2 occasions fer holiday but i cannot find any nice beach villas for sale there at decent prices. Most of the properties are old.

Perhaps i dont know where to look. We stayed at Shangrilla there n the beach was awful. Water was so dirty. Grey or brown n opaque.

Supercharged
12 hours ago, Shibadog said:

penang durian also much better/varied.

one big negative abt Penang is the crazy drivers. Seems to me that penang drivers are the fiercest in Msia (even compared to KL and JB).

Ya. Don't give way or signal!

12 hours ago, Starry said:

Penangite speaks mandarin with a diff twang.  Penangite speaks hokkien with Siam twang.

Once you open mouth, confirm know you are not Penangite.

About retiring to MY. Have to accept that security will never be as good as SG and always be on look out for robberies. Yes, we can own a nicer car in  MY than SG for the same money. But driving that car is some districts is like hanging a sign that says "Rob Me". 

All my my friends except for Penang drive low key cars so as not to attract attention. Penang island is safer. As for homes that are neither gated nor condo, break-ins are always a threat. Armed robberies less so. If the house grilled, they break in through the roof tiles. Can alarm, but who will respond? 

When you are overseas and house is unattended, the thief will break in through the roof. Steal portable valuables, then drive away  in the expensive car. Remember that they have the remote and can open the gate after breaking in.    

Hear say is that Johore is the worst state. Eat dinner in garden with the gate locked also can get robbed at knife point.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
27 minutes ago, serenade said:

About retiring to MY. Have to accept that security will never be as good as SG and always be on look out for robberies. Yes, we can own a nicer car in  MY than SG for the same money. But driving that car is some districts is like hanging a sign that says "Rob Me". 

All my my friends except for Penang drive low key cars so as not to attract attention. Penang island is safer. As for homes that are neither gated nor condo, break-ins are always a threat. Armed robberies less so. If the house grilled, they break in through the roof tiles. Can alarm, but who will respond? 

When you are overseas and house is unattended, the thief will break in through the roof. Steal portable valuables, then drive away  in the expensive car. Remember that they have the remote and can open the gate after breaking in.    

Hear say is that Johore is the worst state. Eat dinner in garden with the gate locked also can get robbed at knife point.

break in through the roof is ok....still hide here and there.

my fren house single storey….break in thru the front gate, park lorry back in on the porch, break open the front grill, pry the glass door and then load everything in....i mean everything, tv, furnitures, bedroom all ransack....and then drove off.

my fren came home, shock to see front gate open wide wide....neighbors all came and say indian guys and they all thought they were shifting house!! so didn't bother...[:|]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
12 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Penang is famous for healthcare alot medical tourist from indonesia went to penang instead of sg due to the cost. 

of course if possible seek treatment in sg but if its emergency or relapse then nearest hospital will be preferred. Hence if want stay penang then find condo unit near these list of hospitals 

https://www.facebook.com/speedandsound/videos/1060310390987349/?vh=e&d=n

condo unit near hospital ... lol

↡ Advertisement