Retirement in Malaysia - how much RM a month for living?

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Shibadog said:

alternate between going SG and Thai to chop passport [laugh]

btw it seems that when Msia implemented MCO, those under MM2H were not allowed to re-enter Msia if they happened to be overseas at that time.

Can enter. Those with long term residency passes all can enter. But need to do quarantine upon entering.

Those that cannot enter are the foreign spouses of the Malaysians, unless they have a spouse pass. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

Can enter. Those with long term residency passes all can enter. But need to do quarantine upon entering.

Those that cannot enter are the foreign spouses of the Malaysians, unless they have a spouse pass. 

initially cannot when MCO was implemented.

https://www.garda.com/crisis24/news-alerts/329166/malaysia-government-introduces-further-travel-restrictions-for-foreign-nationals-amid-covid-19-outbreak-update-10

only allowed fm 17th May

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2020/05/16/foreigners-under-mm2h-now-allowed-to-return-if-certified-virus-free

Turbocharged

Turbocharged
23 hours ago, Wt_know said:

migrating to Melaka ... huat ah!

37AD781D-7D17-40AE-8F40-30835D239C94.jpeg

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2020/06/04/melaka-seremban-kuala-terengganu-among-m039sia039s-happiest-cities-study-finds

"The Happiness Index is assessed through a population-based questionnaire that covers 14 key aspects including life and health; residential area security and public facilities; basic infrastructure provided; happiness with family and relatives; and pleasure in working,

"Other aspects taken into account are financial management; relationships with neighbours; community activities; services of local authorities; and local leaders and environmental quality, ” he said.

Anuar said as many as 106 local authorities participated in the survey, including local authorities in peninsular Malaysia, the Federal Territories (of Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur and Labuan), Sabah (Kota Kinabalu City Hall and Kudat Town Board) and Sarawak (Sibu Municipal Council and Kota Samarahan Municipal Council).

"A total of 36,000 questionnaires were distributed in all the local authorities involved. Of these, as many as 69 cities or 65% achieved 80% happiness or more while 37 cities or 35% recored moderate happiness (between 50% to 79.9%), ” he said."

• Praise 2

While Retiring in another country is the choice of the individual, i always believed that the Govt should try their best to ensure that its Citizens (can) retire in their own country. 

I dont see that as it is though...

• Praise 4

On 5 March, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Wt_know said:

actually, i look at retirement differently where i want to retire in spore

lets say i can retire in jb living in a 5000sqft semi-D

but at what age do you retire? 60-65-70?

at that age i dont want to live in a gigantic 5000sqft semi-D ..

at that age i want to live in a 1000sqft pigeon hole with good facilities and infrastructure

one call ... ambulance can arrive or i can go to see doctor easily

so ... what is the purpose to retire in msia? to live in great bungalow or live decent?

somemore 2 old folks living in jb in a landed property ... sounds "no no"

unless you are in good health, your body is in good shape and you still can drive around and run errand

I know of a JB owner ( cousin's friend ) selling his Semi Detached ( near Bukit Indah. Horizon Hills vicinity ) due to whatever reason/s during pandemic , U can PM me if keen  around 5000sf, 2sty , FH and and well renovated too , going for a song.

• Praise 1

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

I know of a JB owner ( cousin's friend ) selling his Semi Detached ( near Bukit Indah. Horizon Hills vicinity ) due to whatever reason/s during pandemic , U can PM me if keen  around 5000sf, 2sty , FH and and well renovated too , going for a song.

bro mai la ...

if i am 35 yes i want landed in jb with pool party and mei mei

at 65 ... cannot walk up down aching body ...

750sqft pigeon hole 2bdr in spore is all i need

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

bro mai la ...

if i am 35 yes i want landed in jb with pool party and mei mei

at 65 ... cannot walk up down aching body ...

750sqft pigeon hole 2bdr in spore is all i need

True bro WT, it is all in the mind, i only recommend, some prefer pigeon-hole, some like serenity, peace and harmony after hard days work, others want 2/3 cars in MCF, plenty of space for golf kakis @ Horizon hills, their gorgeous wifey can shop @nearby Aeon Mall mins away, kids can go Legoland till siao ! Shiok shiok ney [gorgeous]

• Praise 1

38 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

Just for info, can share how much something like this goes for?

On 6/4/2020 at 8:38 AM, inlinesix said:

Near no use if 2hr jam at Causeway!!

Just need to remember to wear Tena adult diapers when driving your Teana crossing the world's busiest checkpoint.😆

• Haha! 6

As of now, M’sia borders will be closed till 31st Aug ... 😰

JB retail Sector will be hit real bad..

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Just for info, can share how much something like this goes for?

Bro, RM1.8M ( S$600K ) [thumbsup]  FreeHold tenure, PM me, i give you more details information

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Meanmachine said:

Bro, RM1.8M ( S$600K ) [thumbsup]  FreeHold tenure, PM me, i give you more details information

no la. i kaypo wanna know how much only. not looking to buy.

600k is pretty decent price i guess. pity my kids still studying.

3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

during early bird shopping from developer ... should be ringgit 2M++ ... especially units launch in Phase 1

now probably much much higher

https://www.iproperty.com.my/sale/horizon-hills/bungalow/?minBuiltupSize=5000

RM2m can get with all furnitures in

https://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-listing/horizon-hills-for-sale-by-kevin-long-30904822

But if retire better to have more cash at hand, best to get unit below RM1m. its smaller easier to maintain and cheaper. Most importantly its easier to sell when next time u want to move back sg

https://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-listing/horizon-hills-for-sale-by-bernice-tan-29754368

13 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

15mins to Tuas and JB custom ... MTL ...

it's true ... only happen during MCQ ... LOL

Buy small yacht stop at puteri harbour beat all the jam, reach in style

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2