Retirement in Malaysia - how much RM a month for living?

yes this should be the way ^_^^_^

still long way for me

but i will prefer to go orpit, chey lang lim kopi, jiak breakfast

guide newbie, kua poh zhua, kiao kah,

goo goo jit bai do some serious work

old guy still goes to work:

morgan-freeman.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

shoudnt retire

we should continue to work

go orpit, look for old buddies go lim kopi, jiak breakfast, gor tiam thng choo

You are right.

And still get paid for it.

:D

• Praise 1

still long way for me

morgan-freeman.jpg

Nelson Mandela?

I thot he pass away already?

walao ... that's DREAM job!

still long way for me

old guy still goes to work

exactly, people tend to forget when they retire, all they need could be just 800 sq ft to move around [laugh][laugh]

When old very hard to move around and 800 sq ft is too big.

350 sq ft will be more than enough.

All those people that say MM apartments won't sell

will see all the old people grabbing those to retire in.

• Praise 2

(edited)

He know la . Just pulling legs.

no lah morgon freeman

Cost of living in my depend on which state too. JB and KL probably more ex. Best to stay away from strong Islamic state too . East msia not bad place to consider. Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

still long way for me

agree we should still have some form of "work" when we retire.

for me, no more formal official work like in an office. i don't think i want to handle the same stress level. and likely hard to find a lower level office job since no one will want to employ an old man.

would prefer work where there is flexibility involved with no need to stick to a 8.30/5.30 routine and have fixed number of days of leave.

but hard to find these kind of jobs unles self employed.

• Praise 1

for me, no more formal official work like in an office. i don't think i want to handle the same stress level. and likely hard to find a lower level office job since no one will want to employ an old man.

would prefer work where there is flexibility involved with no need to stick to a 8.30/5.30 routine and have fixed number of days of leave.

should strive for a white collar job such that the knoewledge and expericence will be even more useful when old

let the middle age chaps take the responsibilities, decision making anmd stress

ownself do mentor role, take lower salary

• Praise 1

If your job is stressful, I doubt you will stay on the same job till retire. You will probably switch long before 60 year old.

Turbocharged

If your job is stressful, I doubt you will stay on the same job till retire. You will probably switch long before 60 year old.

I pai mia, 劳碌命. Not good enough to climb corporate ladder. can only do menial zup sai work till retirement. bo bian. have to pay the bills.

Wow! This is interesting

http://www.rakyattimes.com/index.php/news/2840-malaysia-could-be-60-days-away-from-greece

greeceWhen interviewed, a bank manager said that many of the bank’s customers believe that the nation’s coffers are empty and that we will soon be in very dire straits.

While some of the bank’s customers believe that Malaysia will only really be in trouble in 2019, at least 50 think that trouble will come much sooner—possibly within the next few months—with domestic consumption projected to nosedive due to the implementation of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) in April, and with the price of fuel expected to rise.

The bank manager anticipates that the price of RON95 price will exceed RM2 in April or May, and during this time, the rakyat, especially those in the lower income group, will feel the pinch as GST will have been implemented by then.

The bank manager went so far as to say that Malaysia will be the Greece of Southeast Asia in the space of two months. He lamented the fact that Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak seems to be in a deep slumber, despite the fact the country seems to sitting on an economic time bomb.

“Sixty days to destruction. We, the rakyat, can do nothing, and it seems neither can the government,” said the customer.

He added that the evidence of approaching doom can be seen in some major companies having their profits dip drastically or recording losses.

“When the government withdrew the fuel subsidies last year, we should have known that the economy was already in crisis, despite what the Prime Minister said. The foreign investors who left are not coming back, not while the ringgit is under intense pressure. This does not bode well for the economy,” he said.

The 1MDB crisis also points to an economy that is on its way down. One contentious issue is how it settled its RM2 billion loan with local banks.

“If the loan was settled by an individual, that is the worst because it indicates that the nation’s coffers are zero,” remarked the bank manager.

Even the many unrepaired potholes around Kuala Lumpur are an indicator of the state of the nation’s finances, he added. Garbage collection in his neighbourhood and other areas within the city has been reduced from thrice a week to twice a week since February.

The manager feels that the Prime Minister is not doing enough to repair the damaged state of the country’s economy.

“If PM Najib is not careful, 1Malaysia Development Berhad will soon become 1Malaysia Debt Bailout. Greece is a reality for Malaysians today,” he said.

The best retirement option in the world is sell everything you have and buy a 3 room HDB flat. You will enough money to retire and medical fee is heavily subsidy by Gov. If you can find a better solution, let me know. .

• Praise 2

(edited)

msia has no worries ....

1. implement VEP RM50 ... 20k cars per day x RM50 = $1M per day revenue

2. sell few more lands to chinese developer = few $B revenue

3. get a few more toxic company to dump toxic in msia = few $B revenue

here abit there abit ... few $B sup sup water

Edited by Wt_know

The best retirement option in the world is sell everything you have and buy a 3 room HDB flat. You will enough money to retire and medical fee is heavily subsidy by Gov. If you can find a better solution, let me know. .

I love my 3rm HDB flat. It's 82 sqm. Some more got free use of huge attic, through an opening in the storeroom coz my top floor with angle roof.

Property tax only $25.60. Got u-save of $150 in jul 2014, $60 in Oct 2014, $150 in Jan 2015 and $60 coming Apr. If sublet, the yield will be higher than most properties.

• Praise 3

I love my 3rm HDB flat. It's 82 sqm. Some more got free use of huge attic, through an opening in the storeroom coz my top floor with angle roof.

Property tax only $25.60. Got u-save of $150 in jul 2014, $60 in Oct 2014, $150 in Jan 2015 and $60 coming Apr. If sublet, the yield will be higher than most properties.

You are astute, not dumb as your nick suggests.

• Praise 1