Retirement in Malaysia - how much RM a month for living?

the property there been priced up by the cheena investors ... fried fried fried until price high high .....

after that hang you high and dry , up in the sky

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

re harsh old thread.

Malacca mokota Hospital can used medisave.

Assuming you are singaporean.

1000 sqft is just right. 350 sqft might as well look for a prison got frens and daily exercise and people to chat round the clock.

No need to pay monthly maintenance for 24 hour security as well. [thumbsup]

:D

Stayed in East Ledang semi D house over the weekend.

It was quite nice. Big spacious house, but i see rows of empty houses....... dunno whether the development is fully sold or not.

the major problem i have about this place is the houses are next to the big power lines and towers. Its an eyesore and i know they are not good for health reasons.

just checked the asking prices, its about RM$ 2.5 million and above

Worth or not? I dunno.

RM$ 2.5 million is cheap.

Just wait for RM to be 10 - 1.

Its only a matter of time.

10 - 1 is hard to believe

but when a Malaysian

goes to Thailand that's

what they get so they

used to tell me.

• Praise 1

i know a lot choose to retire in Chiangmai. Cool weather, low living cost. Only thing is communication and medical facilities may not be good.

cool and nice, just enjoy. Don't need to communicate much. Use eyes, see body language, can tell liao.

Modern medical facilities only found in modern build up areas to cater for modernized dieseases. Stay in cool natural place, why need modern medical facilities?

If still tio stroke, heart diseases, then too bad, which means not living like what a local do.

But then given a choice is better to live and die naturally there without artificial means to prolong one's lives unnaturally.

i know a lot choose to retire in Chiangmai. Cool weather, low living cost. Only thing is communication and medical facilities may not be good.

It seems like a good idea because there are no red tapes or policy against it. The exchanges rates does hopes to boost in its favour too but years later who know what the scenario would be. You may have different social classes judging by how the leaders in the ruling gov see things this is a possibility. Anyway... idea is good but no one can tell what prataland will impose next.

I cannot believe that people still considering retiring in Malaysia after all that we have been witnessing taking place in that corrupt ridden country ? It should be the other way around. Malaysians who have the means should be queuing up at embassies to get the migration forms of other countries.

Malaysia is doomed. Wake up.

I cannot believe that people still considering retiring in Malaysia after all that we have been witnessing taking place in that corrupt ridden country ? It should be the other way around. Malaysians who have the means should be queuing up at embassies to get the migration forms of other countries.

Malaysia is doomed. Wake up.

its temporary.

Unless it falls to 4 ringette, I believe there are growth possibility.

Then again, if it goes from 4 to 5 ringette, you going to get a lot of Malaysian maids very soon.

cool and nice, just enjoy. Don't need to communicate much. Use eyes, see body language, can tell liao.

Modern medical facilities only found in modern build up areas to cater for modernized dieseases. Stay in cool natural place, why need modern medical facilities?

If still tio stroke, heart diseases, then too bad, which means not living like what a local do.

But then given a choice is better to live and die naturally there without artificial means to prolong one's lives unnaturally.

If that's the case, you need to seriously consider this so that someone will pull the plug for u

https://www.publicguardian.gov.sg/

This is interesting because I am going into this era soon. I read about racist in Australia and investment in Malacca. My 2-cent on such remarks/suggestions.

Wherever you go, you will be 2nd class citizen if you have no money. Of course the Ang Moh will look down on you more than the Asian because they also have difficulties telling where you are from. So got money, you are king even in USA or Germany. Throw you money, the Australian will love you dearly. As a whole, we also cannot say all the people is the same. This also applies to Singapore.

Buying a property in Malaysia to retire? Do think very carefully before you make that decision. If you have spares and just want to park it somewhere, then a good investment opportunity is not in Malaysia other than maybe the heart of KL. There are plenty of investment opportunities, why Malaysia?

For retirement stay, why pump in your retirement money into a fixed asset you cannot liquidate? rental is so cheap and you have better mobility should you decide to change location. Simple example, if you look at Pelangi some years back and now, would you invest?

I may retire and spend time in Malaysia, but I also have many options/choices to move around in Thailand or neighbouring countries. Have anyone of you try southern China like Xiamen?

Ultimately, safest is still back home to be honest. My other take, stay low profile and don't show off. That will help you enjoy your retirement more.

• Praise 1

This is interesting because I am going into this era soon. I read about racist in Australia and investment in Malacca. My 2-cent on such remarks/suggestions.

Wherever you go, you will be 2nd class citizen if you have no money. Of course the Ang Moh will look down on you more than the Asian because they also have difficulties telling where you are from. So got money, you are king even in USA or Germany. Throw you money, the Australian will love you dearly. As a whole, we also cannot say all the people is the same. This also applies to Singapore.

Buying a property in Malaysia to retire? Do think very carefully before you make that decision. If you have spares and just want to park it somewhere, then a good investment opportunity is not in Malaysia other than maybe the heart of KL. There are plenty of investment opportunities, why Malaysia?

For retirement stay, why pump in your retirement money into a fixed asset you cannot liquidate? rental is so cheap and you have better mobility should you decide to change location. Simple example, if you look at Pelangi some years back and now, would you invest?

I may retire and spend time in Malaysia, but I also have many options/choices to move around in Thailand or neighbouring countries. Have anyone of you try southern China like Xiamen?

Ultimately, safest is still back home to be honest. My other take, stay low profile and don't show off. That will help you enjoy your retirement more.

rent a house in MY lor

why buy?

• Praise 5

rent a house in MY lor

why buy?

Exactly. With the rental yield of your property in Singapore, you can stay in many places world wide. A month here, 2 months there. The world is your home. 

• Praise 3

Exactly. With the rental yield of your property in Singapore, you can stay in many places world wide. A month here, 2 months there. The world is your home. 

haha that's what I am thinking

London, new York hard

but regional countries, maybe 1st world country's rural area possible

Australia racist?

When I went to Australia the taxi driver to the hotel was from India.

My Australian colleagues were from South Africa, Canada, Italian, Poland,

Vietnam, India and China.

I find more racism in Malaysia.

• Praise 6

buy? At a stroke of pen or pencil, your house may be gone.

rent is the way to go. Otang rents and then run road if you decide to uproot to another place.

rent a house in MY lor

why buy?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6