Retirement in Malaysia - how much RM a month for living?

Hypersonic
5 hours ago, Karoon said:

This is true. If you are retired,say you wake up middle of the night with chest pain or breathless (very common among elderly) and your grownup kids are all in a different country..  Who u gonna call? 

🤣🤣

435105D2-F3E3-41D3-A56B-5D863CF697F1.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
10 hours ago, Karoon said:

This is true. If you are retired,say you wake up middle of the night with chest pain or breathless (very common among elderly) and your grownup kids are all in a different country..  Who u gonna call? 

Err..... You better call ambulance. Wahaha....

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 2

(edited)
10 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

55 should be right

The problem is most of your friends and kakis will be working till 65.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
29 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Err..... You better call ambulance. Wahaha....

no. the correct answer is call a neighbour/taxi/grab to take you to hospital.

Hypersonic
21 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Nope ,  if you need   to be stretchered/ carried  and need medical assistance better call ambulance; Time is the essence    

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Karoon said:

If it is a stroke, calling emergency service is 1st step. 

My point is I am not expecting my kids to stay/ work in SG, they should go where they can find happiness. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

Nope ,  if you need   to be stretchered/ carried  and need medical assistance better call ambulance; Time is the essence    

Agree. Hence my response. 😀

Hypersonic
14 hours ago, Karoon said:

Ghostbusters? 

• Haha! 1

(edited)

55 retired in overseas

enjoy lake, mountain, beach, blue sky, flora and fauna

75 come back to utilise CHAS ... and call SCDF when got chest pain at home 😂

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
41 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Now you lost me. 😂

The ambulance might come later than a cab, and may not be as fully equipped as scdf's.

14 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

@RadX:grin:

Own self call ownself lor, what is why i chose to be independent with wifey in tow, she may or may not like coming along with me, most likely stay ay home type, while I'm the exact opposite.

While i will downsize form my current 6 rooms flat, will get a 3rooms flat and to hold and the rest rent an apartment up north, stay for 2/3 weeks returns and chit chat with long lost friends, most are ex-colleagues, of males and females of various ages group. I'm the active outdoorsy chap who loves nature and trekking, get a beat up old fcuk car and i'll go venture . . . [drivingcar]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Malaysia Boleh ....... endorsing East Coast Retirement plans......🤣🤣

49425382-8160-4C6B-A5F5-3985BEA09963.jpeg

Edited by BanCoe
  • Haha! 4

8 hours ago, Wt_know said:

55 retired in overseas

enjoy lake, mountain, beach, blue sky, flora and fauna

75 come back to utilise CHAS ... and call SCDF when got chest pain at home 😂

True.

Based on official retirement age, most of us will retire in my 60s, so who is going to la kopi with you if you retire early?  

I have always wanted to take a leisurely 2 months road trip across US/ Canada and perhaps Australia. So unless I take a long sabbatical, it is not going to happen. At 60 plus years old, doubt I have energy to drive long distance. 

Oops OT.

I bet Malaysian East Coast Plan attracts more attention than here, From KUANTAN to KUALA TRENGGANU the most beautiful beaches and hotels resort . .  . layback lifestyle, foods very affordable and friendly people. Nasi Dagang is their speciality and plenty of places of interests too

Many seniors who is planning retirement has 2 things to sort things out proper.

If currently a biz man, entrepreneur, an employee or self-employee person, one has to determine you many not have to do the same Job scope like you're working day work week.

moving forward, try semi-retired work schedule like doing things you want to do and do it at OTOT ( Own time Own Target ), no fix schedule, no appt to fix and no goal setting . . .et cetc

A- One would do the Urgent and Important things like planning and execution of Plan A-Where do one want to stay, ( type of accommodation )

B- Apartment, Condo or landed, on sharing basis, month by month oor 3months-6 months 

C- Amenities - Supermarket, Clinic & Pharmacy, Local foods, Cafe & Western foods, or DIY. Bank institutions and legal aids, Hospital and Medical care, Police stn.

D- Senior Citizen do not procrastinate any longer, set your mind and go for short break away form home, bring along a good kaki who you think alike and do things together- e.g. Going fishing, you get tour fishing kakis, Drinking kaki jio the same ppl.

Have an open mindset and explore the possibility, when 2 people lives together, the first few days their behaviour will be on best display, after 3days onwards, all colours patterns and bad habit will be out, then you determine for yourself if it's your game. There you are...these are some of my sharing. ( NO right and NO wrong either )

On 7/4/2020 at 8:46 AM, Voodooman said:

The problem is most of your friends and kakis will be working till 65.

Sure boh?  55 is not young already leh....

but if any company wants to keep me going, maybe i should consider lah.  

↡ Advertisement