Retirement in Malaysia - how much RM a month for living?

42 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

georgetown too boring

bali, can.  
da nang too hot
india  out

chiang mai possible

kota kina balu too boring

da lat not sure

KL mailah

huahin too boring but idlyic

taipei, can

KL can leh for me....go to the outskirt of KL...dun have to be city centre.

georgetown also good for me....food is nice. and everyday can go beach...but a bit pricey already.

the rest i dunno....:yeah-im-not-drunk:...maybe each of the location stay a few months....that would be nice as a retirement travel...all within a few hours of flight...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

georgetown also good for me....food is nice. and everyday can go beach...but a bit pricey already.

the rest i dunno....:yeah-im-not-drunk:...maybe each of the location stay a few months....that would be nice as a retirement travel...all within a few hours of flight...

Then Malaysia is the place for you.  wonderful..

For me, Singapore is still homebase.

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

Chiangmai for me. Cool weather, nice food and chio siam bu.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

On 4/24/2022 at 9:55 AM, Wt_know said:

1st and 2nd cities are too crowded for me and the cost of living is much higher due to higher demands

4th city is same same but different to spore ...  3th city ... just NICE for me ... :grin:

2022-04-24_095755.png

I spent one week recently in Ipoh and indeed its a very relaxing place. Almost everywhere you go, you can see mountains in the background. Pace of life is just right for me and you have a mix of modern in Town area and lots of old outside town areas. With Electric Train just 2.5 hrs away from KL, it is a great place to retire

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
(edited)
2 hours ago, Cosmicclaw said:

I spent one week recently in Ipoh and indeed its a very relaxing place. Almost everywhere you go, you can see mountains in the background. Pace of life is just right for me and you have a mix of modern in Town area and lots of old outside town areas. With Electric Train just 2.5 hrs away from KL, it is a great place to retire

Actually many cities in Msia are relaxing with friendly people. Ipoh is not bad...very chill place.

To me, for retiring, most important is that I can speak the language , eat the food , and no natural disaster like earthquake or typhoon.  Quite honestly. it doesn't matter which country as long it fulfils those criteria but Msia look the closest.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 1

(edited)

if you follow @steveluv thailand thread ...

there is no better place to retire than the Land of Smiles .... :grin:

but must learn sa-wa-dee-kap first ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

Suay mak mak!

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
10 hours ago, Cosmicclaw said:

i feel the push factor is real now...i can see prices essential goods in SG skyrocketing soon.......COL goona be painful indeed! 😰

Supercharged
7 hours ago, Starry said:

Actually many cities in Msia are relaxing with friendly people. Ipoh is not bad...very chill place.

To me, for retiring, most important is that I can speak the language , eat the food , and no natural disaster like earthquake or typhoon.  Quite honestly. it doesn't matter which country as long it fulfils those criteria but Msia look the closest.

me too...not too far from homeland too...and the ex rate is making it looks attractive...then again, I am sure it will even out eventually... 

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

i feel the push factor is real now...i can see prices essential goods in SG skyrocketing soon.......COL goona be painful indeed! 😰

Its sad for Singaporeans to leave becos its too expensive to retire.  What would be the culture of our future society? How will the fabric of society be weaved without the true blue Singaporean?  

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
3 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Its sad for Singaporeans to leave becos its too expensive to retire.  What would be the culture of our future society? How will the fabric of society be weaved without the true blue Singaporean?  

gonna lose that my fren...

the legacy is lost...like eg, my parents and grandparents, and me speaks fluent Cantonese....my kids no longer know how to speak Cantonese. Is english or mandarin....sad but true. 

i know how to cook and boil some of the best cantonese soups that will put a lot of hawkers to shame....my kids knows how to drink and eat...sllluurrpp (anyway, not that i expect them to cook) and my mom makes one of the best char siew in the world and I lost that recipe...coz i didn't follow up with her on how to make them (she will put those oil container, cut out the top and bottom and then put over the charcoal burner and hang the char siew...marinated overnight and dripping with sauce on to the charcoal...wonderful sight) :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Lost man...

• Praise 2

Twincharged
On 4/26/2022 at 5:54 PM, Fcw75 said:

Chiangmai for me. Cool weather, nice food and chio siam bu.

- Please bear in mind 4-5 months a year is haze season in Chiangmai.

- Because Chiangmai is sitting in a valley all those heavy pollutants will settle down in the valley and there's no where to be blown away except to wait. Haze comes from burning the leftover harvests starting November. Thais like to blame the Myanmese causing the burning but they have themselves to blame too.

- Haze is definitely much worst than you experience in Singapore or Malaysia as a matter of fact the readings can be worst than the worst in India.

- Of course Chiangmai is beautiful outside the haze season (Dec-Mar +/-).

https://www.holidify.com/pages/chiang-mai-smoke-season-1222.html

• Praise 4
  • Sad 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

My sister a housewife now relinquishing her responsibility in taking care of grandchildren just this month came to live in Thailand, she's 72 and applied and gotten retirement visa, its easy and quick. Oh yes she's also started to go for Thai language lessons twice a week at a language school in a mall nearby. So far she very happy . . . . . .  

• Praise 5

4 minutes ago, steveluv said:

My sister a housewife now relinquishing her responsibility in taking care of grandchildren just this month came to live in Thailand, she's 72 and applied and gotten retirement visa, its easy and quick. Oh yes she's also started to go for Thai language lessons twice a week at a language school in a mall nearby. So far she very happy . . . . . .  

with malaysia govt sibei lan-si with their MM2H visa, Thailand is a better option [thumbsup] 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2