Brakes related issues for 8 year old Latio

Panerex77

Just went to Tan Chong servicing..car left with 2 years to scrapping.

Was notified of these issues and costs to replace:

Brake Related:
Front calliper overhaul $157
Rear cylinder pump $230
Front rotor disc $457
Rear brake drum $457

Others:
water pump - minor seepage of coolant $290
Lower arm connected to cross member $562

Based on your opinion, should I fix all the above issues?

if yes, shd it be with Tan Chong, or any good recommended workshops for me?

TIA

↡ Advertisement

I would suggest buying these parts at stockist and bring it to a ws to fix (Can try Erev at Woodlands). For brake disc, just buy oem parts maybe 80 to 100dollars a side. You will be surprised on how much u can save.

• Praise 1

thanks,,,may I know where can I find reliable Nissan stockists?

I would suggest buying these parts at stockist and bring it to a ws to fix (Can try Erev at Woodlands). For brake disc, just buy oem parts maybe 80 to 100dollars a side. You will be surprised on how much u can save.

I'll go to outside workshop to get quote for similar items listed. Should be much cheaper. For me I prefer to get everything done instead of buying parts myself to avoid issues like workshop blaming parts if crap happens etc. Brakes are important, so get it done fast.

Neutral Newbie

I'll go to outside workshop to get quote for similar items listed. Should be much cheaper. For me I prefer to get everything done instead of buying parts myself to avoid issues like workshop blaming parts if crap happens etc. Brakes are important, so get it done fast.

Yes it's good that you are aware of this issues. M like u bought a camry with 2 years left. Just did what was necessary.

Also the water pump is around there as labour is involved and requires a change of coolant. The price quoted includes labour charges and other associated works?

Get a second opinion from another worshop on what you can do or a cheaper alternatively if budget is tight.

Do one part/system at time so you can pioritise what needs attention first and allow you to budget. Safety first so brakes should be a priority. see if an alternative to replacing the entire brake system is feasible.

Pm me for contact of workshop that I send my car to or whatsapp me 81392394.

Yes it's good that you are aware of this issues. M like u bought a camry with 2 years left. Just did what was necessary.

Also the water pump is around there as labour is involved and requires a change of coolant. The price quoted includes labour charges and other associated works?

Get a second opinion from another worshop on what you can do or a cheaper alternatively if budget is tight.

Do one part/system at time so you can pioritise what needs attention first and allow you to budget. Safety first so brakes should be a priority. see if an alternative to replacing the entire brake system is feasible.

Pm me for contact of workshop that I send my car to or whatsapp me 81392394.

↡ Advertisement