What Geely has produced with Volvo's input - Geely GC9

Alheych

Turbocharged

yea. Side-shape remind me of Mondeo/Kia K5. Front end seems ok to me except for the odd (but I kind of like it) grille. Headlamp remind me of older-style Audi-cluster...

Interior actually quite nice looking to me.

Put it at the price of 110k, sure sell better than altis

Is there still a Geely AD in Singapore? If this GC9 is indicative of what's coming out from Geely, I would loveto see their XC90 doppleganger.

• Praise 3

Put it at the price of 110k, sure sell better than altis

impossible, it is a Cat B car, running on 1.8T, 2.4 or V6 3.5L engine.

This car had been reviewed by autohome.com.cn. Very well review on the V6 3.5L engine

Edited by Calford
  • Praise 2

chinese may be good at copying but when it comes to corporate grill design, they need to hire more innovative designer.

the grill is too messy imo....

Turbocharged

Nice geely photos.

Interior much nicer than Hyundai i45

Wonder did geekly installed those safety feature like Volvo which is built like a tank.

• Praise 1

I think the grille is just a reflection of the buying taste in the Chinese domestic market. Won't be surprised if export models have a different grille.

• Praise 1

The 245/45 R18 wheels look small-ish on the car. So one can imagine how big the car actually is. No wonder the 1.8L turbo struggle for 10.8s to hit 100km/hr. The size and weight are definitely not economical.

But overall, apart from the front grill, the car actually looks good in & out.

When there is volume and $ to make, any manufacturer will know what to do. For Singaporean, they are just not only price sensitive, they are also brand blind. Take watches for example, when we talk of a branded watch, ask general Singaporean, what is in their mind?

When there is volume and $ to make, any manufacturer will know what to do. For Singaporean, they are just not only price sensitive, they are also brand blind. Take watches for example, when we talk of a branded watch, ask general Singaporean, what is in their mind?

Lolex.