Take Taxi instead of owning a car.

Piyopico

Supercharged
(edited)

Gonna be without a car next month. Gotto wait at least 6 weeks for replacement to arrive.

May have to take taxi or MRT.

Realized I have close to 2k to spend on public transport every month vis a vis having my own ride. That's like $60 or more a day......... Hmmmmmm even if I book taxi, seems like the cost is still cheaper cos I travel less than 80km a day and some days I dun even use the car. When you pre book the taxi, services are ok ya.

There must be many people like me........... If more car owners switch to taxi, COE will drop for sure...... but too late for me.

😜😝😛

Edited by Piyopico
↡ Advertisement

Outright costs - Definitely cabbing is cheaper.

Intangible benefits of car ownership which usually deals with convenience, not so sure.

I'll still take driving.

• Praise 1

(edited)

u pre-book taxi Mon to Fri or you go taxi stand and roadside to take taxi?

try to take taxi during peak hour to work and off work ... then you know

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Gonna be without a car next month. Gotto wait at least 6 weeks for replacement to arrive.

May have to take taxi or MRT.

Realized I have close to 2k to spend on public transport every month vis a vis having my own ride. That's like $60 or more a day......... Hmmmmmm even if I book taxi, seems like the cost is still cheaper cos I travel less than 80km a day and some days I dun even use the car. When you pre book the taxi, services are ok ya.

There must be many people like me........... If more car owners switch to taxi, COE will drop for sure...... but too late for me.

If I take taxi, the cost of taxi will be more than driving a car.

• Praise 2

If I take taxi, the cost of taxi will be more than driving a car.

Depending lah, if go everywhere cab then definitely expensive. But if got straight MRT - MRT (station area, no need to change to bus), time difference not a lot, when you factor in parking / finding lot all those.

Comfort is still in own car though..

• Praise 3

Supersonic

try to take taxi during peak hour AND when it is raining heavily at the same time ... !

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

i think car is cheaper or better yet take train, then supplement with motorbikes or bicycles at both ends to make the connection. Cabs i find is incredibly expensive. in case you are wondering, motorbikes I find is only good for short trips.

Cab is cheaper if you not driving too much distance . Convenience , time saving , comfort , secret talks , bird flu , chicken flu , smelly taxi , farting , digging nose ... u get the points hahah .

Ok ok some still fart and dig nose in taxi ...

Especially raining day . All disappear.

Not sure about ERP area now. They still avoid those place ?

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

I am talking about pre book. Pay a few bucks more.

$60 a day to take taxi for me more than enough. Those in sales of cos cannot la. I know people kpkb about taxi fares but they are sort of affordable compared to having a car in our context.

• Praise 1

Most people pay for the convenience of the car. Go down and hop straight into car, drive to destination and park. Go straight up to shopping centre. Finish shopping, take lift down, straight into car and off you go.

Sometimes the taxi queue is crazy... check out places like Vivocity... minimum 10-20 people in queue on weekends. Whenever I drive by while exiting from the carpark and see the taxi queue, I feel like my car is worth every cent :)

• Praise 5

(edited)

ok, pre book will work ....

not as and when because when you want to take taxi ... there is NO TAXI !

$60 a day to take taxi for me more than enough. Those in sales of cos cannot la. I know people kpkb about taxi fares but they are sort of affordable compared to having a car in our context.

Edited by Wt_know

ok, pre book will work ....

not as and when because when you want to take taxi ... there is NO TAXI !

Pre-book as in call a cab? Doesn't work in CBD during peak hours...

(edited)

not call cab ...it's advance booking ...

call cab bo pake one ... nabei

you call cab ... everyone also call cab especially during peak hours, CBD, shopping mall, raining ! , etc

Pre-book as in call a cab? Doesn't work in CBD during peak hours...

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

if your travelling is kind of fixed e.g home to office , office to home , then advance booking will work.

Or travel off peak . "Grab Taxi" is a good app to use

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 4

How much is the pre-booking fees these days? Still $8 for the night before or higher now?

Another advantage for the cab option, is that instead of driving, you get to sit back, relax and get done what you need doing before reaching office, or just simply relax and catch that extra 15~20mins of shut-eye.

• Praise 1

How much is the pre-booking fees these days? Still $8 for the night before or higher now?

Another advantage for the cab option, is that instead of driving, you get to sit back, relax and get done what you need doing before reaching office, or just simply relax and catch that extra 15~20mins of shut-eye.

Yup, $8.00 more for advance booking.

Ever since I started driving to work, I miss the moments that I can catch a nap while on my way to work on the company bus.

I used to arrive to office feeling fresh everyday, compared to now shag after fighting in heavy traffic to come to work.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1