New 5th Generation Honda Stepwagon

Carbon82

Did any PI bring in the new 2L hybrid model? The combined horsepower from the petrol engine and electric motor looks quite impressive even for such a large vehicle.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

How much is the stepwagon? Iâm considering either a Sienta, or Freed for second car for weekend driving mainly or as needed to ferry more than 5 pax during weekdays when ever needed for work. Understand Stepwagon is definitely much bigger than Sienta or Freed right?

bro so which car did you get eventually?

(edited)

Hi, I'm considering the stepwgn hybrid and the 1.5 version.

Appreciate if you could share your experience and thoughts. Does the hybrid version performs as it claims 25km/L?

Thank you.

Was a bit lost when saw 1.5L for this big guy. Same engine as Vezel? Do they have 1.5L + Hybrid? 

Edited by Matrix0405

Turbocharged

It’s a 1.5T, same engine as the new CRV/Civic but tuned differently. Figures for CRV/Civic seems higher.

Missus driving one, a Spada

Now still got the 1.5T stepwagon?

On Sunday went to Ubi, one PI said no more stock, and they're not bringing in new ones. Instead, they're bringing in the 2.0L (not sure if turbo) in the next few months. No price details yet.

Supersonic

On Sunday went to Ubi, one PI said no more stock, and they're not bringing in new ones. Instead, they're bringing in the 2.0L (not sure if turbo) in the next few months. No price details yet.

maybe affected by VES?
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Not sure. Bought for her last April/May.

Think some Pls might have remaining stock. Can search sgcarmart.

• Praise 1

maybe affected by VES?

Almost certainly.

Cartimes is only selling hybrid models now, except for Vezel, where they offer both petrol and hybrid. They said it's cos VES made the non-hybrids too ex so they can't sell anymore and so offer higher-spec hybrids at the same price.

But I don't quite understand how come ADs are still selling petrol models. As a result, AD cars are cheaper than PI cars now, and ADs are packed with people, while PI showrooms like ghost towns like that... [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

(edited)

Not sure. Bought for her last April/May.

Think some Pls might have remaining stock. Can search sgcarmart.

There are 3 PIs still bringing in Stepwagon 1.5 Turbo 2018 version.

- Jack Cars

- Prime Cars

- New Way leasing

Edited by Andyl28

There are 3 PIs still bringing in Stepwagon 1.5 Turbo 2018 version.

- Jack Cars

- Prime Cars

- New Way leasing

no leh. Jack cars said stopped liao. waiting for 2.0 (not sure if turbo too) but will be few mth later.

no leh. Jack cars said stopped liao. waiting for 2.0 (not sure if turbo too) but will be few mth later.

I'm checking with Prime if they sell 1.5 turbo

I'm checking with Prime if they sell 1.5 turbo

I went there when they were having 'road show' at the Ubi foyer 3 wk ago. They only have hybrid cars now as VES has rendered the petrol cars' prices too high, according to the SE. The only petrol car they have was vezel, but he said petrol and hybrid same price...

and the only mpvs they had on display were sienta and noah.

• Praise 1

Guys easier join the FB group. You will get more info & prompt reply. Their FB is Honda Stepwgn Sg

Auto Imperial Cars Pte Ltd is selling new spada 1.5T now..

Guys easier join the FB group. You will get more info & prompt reply. Their FB is Honda Stepwgn Sg

Auto Imperial Cars Pte Ltd is selling new spada 1.5T now..

Thanks bro.  Auto Imperial Cars advertise this spada as "Imported Used Vehicle.  Comes with new 10-yr COE".

So this car is not "Brand New"?  Probably will call the SE to clarify.

Collected my dark red Stepwgn Spada yesterday.

Had been happily driving my compact hatch till my wife complained about needing to drive 2 cars to eat breakfast on weekends because cannot squeeze into one. Very first world problem haha. So the process to change started last Saturday when I went to test drive the Serena which impressed me with the drive, but got smitten when saw a black Spada in a PI showroom. Also looked at the triplets but really turned off by the very dated cabin and van-like rear, despite hybrid variants selling at lower price. Signed the agreement on the following day and got the COE 3 days later.

Was abit mixed feeling as quite sad to bid farewell with my previous ride as it was still serving me very well. But on the other hand I am quite excited also as this is the first time I am getting a car of my choice without doing compromise with consideration of other family members. In fact my wife and all 4 kids all hated this car design, while I love it very much for its waku waku door, 1.5T turbo engine that can do century sprint of 8.x seconds, fully collapsible 3rd row that can be done by 1 finger, full suite of Honda Sensing Safety package. Serena was the primary choice at first but then disappointed to realise that the local version is totally stripped of its safety features, and even the SE was struggling with both hands to stow the 3rd row seat, meaning its strongest point is being AD product and FC of 16km/L. But I rationalize by thinking whether I want to be shiok every time I drive the car, or only once very 1 to 2 wk when I pump the petrol, so eventually the choice was clear haha. I am not that put off by PI/AD factor since I have owned a Vellfire from PI before. Yah another reason Serena that put Serena at bad light was that someone drove it up Genting and as the motor was not getting enough power from its battery being charged by the puny 1.2L engine, the car was only able to move at 40km/hr. I am not sure I will drive my car up Genting, but good to know it can do so quickly haha.

Anyway coming back to this Stepwgn Spada. I was not able to do test-drive before buying so was glad that everything had been as read and expected after collecting it. The car did not feel heavy despite being 1700kg. Moving off was effortless, and cruising lagi easy just need to depress the accelerator slightly and can go 100km/hr really quickly. The suspension also more towards soft and comfort, so going over hump will not feel the jarring sensation, much better than my current compact hatch. The interior is so spacious and look modern with nice LED illuminating the cabin. As for FC, would be happy if can get 10km/L which is whatI am getting with cprevious compact hatch, which is well below what other Stepwgn owners are getting, so should be easily achievable haha.

The only issue with getting this car had been the timing, as everyone is  expecting the economy to take a beating and COE going south in next few months. But I reckon that if I have a car that need to sell, it will also be getting a laosai price tag by then so not going to have much difference if I am to get the ride now.  Anyway buy already not going to think too much haha. Hope this ride can serve me well as with other previous rides I have. Not going to say keeping this ride for next 10 years as cannot keep the promise so far with previous rides. If anyone need any info on this ride, I would be glad to share. Perhaps can PM me if want privacy haha. Cheers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1