Mercedes E200 Advantgarde or Lexus ES250

Char

The E class more powerful but lower FC[now come with 9 speed auto],+ image [thumbsup]

9 Speed? I think E is still on 7G tronic till the new model is launched, even the latest C is also on 7G.

↡ Advertisement

E200 Advantgarde or Lexus ES250 which more durable ( less visiting workshop ) and lower cost to maintain ? Most of my friend said European car always comes with high cost like often visit workshop and higher cost to maintain than Japanese made . Prices different by about 30K and which one gives better value ?

If you need to ask about cost of maintenance for such cars, it means you are not ready to own neither.

It's like asking if cost of maintaining a Ferrari is cheaper than Lambo ?

Otherwise, just go for the one that flutters your heart and enjoy the drive.

• Praise 1

I think you should compare

to the GS instead. Unless Merc comes up with an Ela class which is fwd. Lol.

CLA?

Cla can't compare to ES ba. I think es still classified higher than Cla. Wo I can only think of Ela(pun intended)

Got lah.... Usually credit card free service send black merc. Minus the taxi sign on top. The

Oh hahaha yah like DBS own a few of E class fleet. They choose merc must be because of good reputation and branding image. So go merc wont wrong one, especially black haha

Cla can't compare to ES ba. I think es still classified higher than Cla. Wo I can only think of Ela(pun intended)

CLA is very small, especially the interior. How to compare?

• Praise 1

CLA is very small, especially the interior. How to compare?

I think need to compare with E160 haha

The output of lexus really weak, despite 2.5L engine. Merc would be more powerful due to TC.

The output of lexus really weak, despite 2.5L engine. Merc would be more powerful due to TC.

I see it differently. I see two different women who will climax on different conditions. One will come early(Merc) the other needs to pump harder to come. LoL... The bigger displacement engine will no doubt perform better at higher speeds. No replacement for displacement.

Merc has design the max torque to come in at low rpm, it's not really "more powerful" due to TC it just comes early while the Lexus comes later. TC just make the small displacement engine feels big.

Edited by Watwheels

9 Speed? I think E is still on 7G tronic till the new model is launched, even the latest C is also on 7G.

Agree. I just check the e250 yesterday. 7G . Was quite 237k

You are right, The ES century sprint is 9.8s but low end torque is not too bad. (E200: 7.9s).

ES's NA engine should last longer and has less problem than the E200.

My mechanic advised me to change oil every 5k km for TC cars notwithstanding the mandated service interval of 15k km due to SG's stop go traffic and the higher operating temperature in a TC engine running around in our tropical heat. True?

• Praise 1

Agree. I just checked the e250 yesterday. 7G . Was quote 237k

I see it differently. I see two different women who will climax on different conditions. One will come early(Merc) the other needs to pump harder to come. LoL...

Laughing my ass off. You darn funny bro

You are right, The ES century sprint is 9.8s but low end torque is not too bad. (E200: 7.9s).

ES's NA engine should last longer and has less problem than the E200.

My mechanic advised me to change oil every 5k km for TC cars notwithstanding the mandated service interval of 15k km due to SG's stop go traffic and the higher operating temperature in a TC engine running around in our tropical heat. True?

Truth? Your mechanic wants to earn more oil money. LoL...

Modern day TC cars are design for the max torque to come at low rpm so the engine doesn't redline like some drivers push their cars at the track. Start stop traffic unless you thrash the engine to beyond 5K rpm. TC engine has what engineers called better thermodynamic efficiency (dun ask me to explain I'm not a lecturer, Google your best friend, look into Otto cycle) they won't call it higher operating temperature. Do you drive during the hot afternoon? Most drivers I see drive to work in the morning and drive back home in the evening. For synthetic engine oil it's really not necessary to change so frequently. Maybe watch the oil level to make sure it stays at full. That will be good enough.

PS: Why I say if using synthetic oil no need to change so frequently is becoz compared to mineral oil synthetic oil has no shelf life. You can keep it in your storeroom for a very long time. Meaning it doesn't age or oxidize easily. But mineral oil on the other hand has a shelf life.

Note: TC spins at very high speeds so the engine oil acts as a lubricant and cooling element to keep it running. It will burn off some oil so it's good to keep a quart of oil at home in case the oil level drops. You just top it back up.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 3

I just don't want always visiting WS as I need car for my work . Germany VS Japan ?

Truth? Your mechanic wants to earn more oil money. LoL...

Modern day TC cars are design for the max torque to come at low rpm so the engine doesn't redline like some drivers push their cars at the track. Start stop traffic unless you thrash the engine to beyond 5K rpm. TC engine has what engineers called better thermodynamic efficiency (dun ask me to explain I'm not a lecturer, Google your best friend, look into Otto cycle) they won't call it higher operating temperature. Do you drive during the hot afternoon? Most drivers I see drive to work in the morning and drive back home in the evening. For synthetic engine oil it's really not necessary to change so frequently. Maybe watch the oil level to make sure it stays at full. That will be good enough.

PS: Why I say if using synthetic oil no need to change so frequently is becoz compared to mineral oil synthetic oil has no shelf life. You can keep it in your storeroom for a very long time. Meaning it doesn't age or oxidize easily. But mineral oil on the other hand has a shelf life.

Note: TC spins at very high speeds so the engine oil acts as a lubricant and cooling element to keep it running. It will burn off some oil so it's good to keep a quart of oil at home in case the oil level drops. You just top it back up.

any coolant that will help in our tropical weather ?

• Praise 1

any coolant that will help in our tropical weather ?

Most workshops will prefer Japanese brand long-life coolant becoz it has a thin layer of oil in the coolant.

Coolant is universal as it's mostly water, the colour is anti-freeze which is not applicable in our hot weather. It doesn't matter what brand or which make.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1