Mercedes E200 Advantgarde or Lexus ES250

Char

You are referring to the old ES or the current one

both!

You are right, The ES century sprint is 9.8s but low end torque is not too bad. (E200: 7.9s).

ES's NA engine should last longer and has less problem than the E200.

My mechanic advised me to change oil every 5k km for TC cars notwithstanding the mandated service interval of 15k km due to SG's stop go traffic and the higher operating temperature in a TC engine running around in our tropical heat. True?

no not true, change every 5k then every conti AD should be doing that already.

I change engine oil every 10k km, no prob with my E class despite got turbocharged

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

E200 Advantgarde or Lexus ES250 which more durable ( less visiting workshop ) and lower cost to maintain ? Most of my friend said European car always comes with high cost like often visit workshop and higher cost to maintain than Japanese made . Prices different by about 30K and which one gives better value ?

of course ES250 less visiting workshop, E200 is TC, ES250 is NA,

NA is more reliable than TC

Doubt it, if it was true PML wun be pushing for extended warranty package [laugh]

You are right, The ES century sprint is 9.8s but low end torque is not too bad. (E200: 7.9s).

ES's NA engine should last longer and has less problem than the E200.

My mechanic advised me to change oil every 5k km for TC cars notwithstanding the mandated service interval of 15k km due to SG's stop go traffic and the higher operating temperature in a TC engine running around in our tropical heat. True?

Merc is supercharged. Not turbo. :)

I think need to compare with E160 haha

The output of lexus really weak, despite 2.5L engine. Merc would be more powerful due to TC.

both!

no not true, change every 5k then every conti AD should be doing that already.

I change engine oil every 10k km, no prob with my E class despite got turbocharged

Well Said....

My chipped-up turbobrick has service interval of about 15k. The turbo is still fine, engine still very smooth, no white smoke. Only in its 9th year then the is some oil leak at the bottom end.

Changing oil at 5k is really wasting earth's resources and polluting the environment unnecessarily, not to mention wasting money and time.

Well Said....

My chipped-up turbobrick has service interval of about 15k. The turbo is still fine, engine still very smooth, no white smoke. Only in its 9th year then the is some oil leak at the bottom end.

Changing oil at 5k is really wasting earth's resources and polluting the environment unnecessarily, not to mention wasting money and time.

so if I travel 50km per day .... every 10mth I need to change oil

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Merc is supercharged. Not turbo. :)

ah is it

this one i dunno

what I care more is the FC and acceleration LOL

Some contis even stretch to 20K!

FYI, Jaguar every 25k km. I asked them what engine oil they use LOL

probably because servicing is FOC

Well Said....

yes every 5k, i think maintenance very expensive wor haha

5k km i clocked in 2-3 months, like that I need to fork out 500 plus every quarter. GG.

I think most important thing is that dont be late for your servicing, best like if servicing every 10k km, can do at 9.5k km. Then every morning dont after start car dont let rpm goes through 3k until engine is hot :D

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

Oh, now new model is TC? Thanks for sharing.

I thought they would stick with Supercharging as it is more linear in power delivery compared to turbo.

For SG market (not the 3L version), the old W211 is supercharged, the current W212 is TC.

Oh, now new model is TC? Thanks for sharing.

I thought they would stick with Supercharging as it is more linear in power delivery compared to turbo.

the current TCed w212 feels linear to me, FC is also very decent at about 10.5km -11km/L in heavy traffic and highway 50/50.

the current TCed w212 feels linear to me, FC is also very decent at about 10.5km -11km/L in heavy traffic and highway 50/50.

Current W212 with 2.0 engine is TC, direct injected, has variable valve timing on intake and balancing shafts. Max torque supposed to come in at 1,200rpm, but in actual driving is at 1,500rpm. Smooth revving due to the balancing shafts. Power delivery is linear from 1500rpm. In fact cannot tell it is a TC engine from driving. Only thing is that the engine is not Lexus quiet and the sound-track not inspiring.

I am easily getting 10.5km/l on 70/30 city/highway driving with a gentle right foot on E mode.

I would choose the Merc over the Lexus anytime ....

In term of reliability ..... I would say Merc and Toyota pretty equal.

Lexus to me is upgraded better sound insulated Toyota ... I would pick a Crown over a ES if I am considering a Lexus.

To each his own ...

Turbocharged

E200 Advantgarde or Lexus ES250 which more durable ( less visiting workshop ) and lower cost to maintain ? Most of my friend said European car always comes with high cost like often visit workshop and higher cost to maintain than Japanese made . Prices different by about 30K and which one gives better value ?

It is all well and good to consider all these, but it is equally if not more important to consider what the wife prefers.

Happy wife, happy life. OK?

Good luck.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

I would say E200. Unless you prefer more options of es250.

Speak from experience owning 2 E class before, problem free. Maintenance slightly on higher side but lexus also not cheap wor

But ES250 design so so, never excite me. Maybe interior not bad and also good to carry passenger. Otherwise e200 would be a wiser choice

If white it is

But black? Where got black E class cab? Moreover the image as cab is luxury cab, not everyone dare to jump into that taxi hehehe

I think black one not so common. I have seen before also.

Which w212 model?

I had two W212 before, E200 and E250.

E200 has better Fc, can clock in 10-11km/l while E250 about 9-10km/l

↡ Advertisement