Mercedes E200 Advantgarde or Lexus ES250

Char

Which w212 model?

I had two W212 before, E200 and E250.

E200 has better Fc, can clock in 10-11km/l while E250 about 9-10km/l

E200, yes.

↡ Advertisement

Well Said....

My chipped-up turbobrick has service interval of about 15k. The turbo is still fine, engine still very smooth, no white smoke. Only in its 9th year then the is some oil leak at the bottom end.

Changing oil at 5k is really wasting earth's resources and polluting the environment unnecessarily, not to mention wasting money and time.

Well, it depends what viscocity & annual mileage. Nowadays, most conti use 5-30 with HTHS > 3.5.

If annual mileage is 20k, no issue.

If annual mileage is 12k (like mine), i will take the safer route of 6k or every 6 mths. That's because i like to rev.

What is important is to drive the cars. Lexus ES is quiet, spacious and comfortable but do you enjoy driving it. No feel and road holding so so. If you drive fast on NSHW, it floats. You like the dashboard and the displays ? Merc is German, more solid and feels much safer. I like the drive and the interior.

• Praise 1

E200 Advantgarde or Lexus ES250 which more durable ( less visiting workshop ) and lower cost to maintain ? Most of my friend said European car always comes with high cost like often visit workshop and higher cost to maintain than Japanese made . Prices different by about 30K and which one gives better value ?

The ES would more likely to be cheaper to run and buy. But the current ES is really uninspiring inside out. I would rather move up to a GS or down to a Camry. Otherwise, the E200 would be a nice investment.

Well Said....

My chipped-up turbobrick has service interval of about 15k. The turbo is still fine, engine still very smooth, no white smoke. Only in its 9th year then the is some oil leak at the bottom end.

Changing oil at 5k is really wasting earth's resources and polluting the environment unnecessarily, not to mention wasting money and time.

I usually change synthetic oil at around 7k for my NA car due to lots of city driving and I tend to rev a fair bit. After so many years of ownership, my engine is still very smooth and quiet. If you drive mostly highway, 10k may be ok. So it really depends on your driving pattern.

I will probably continue the practice for my TC car.

Edited by Voodooman

Oh, now new model is TC? Thanks for sharing.

I thought they would stick with Supercharging as it is more linear in power delivery compared to turbo.

Yes, it is TC now. The E250 is almost linear, there is still a little bit of turbo lag on the E200 but ok for normal drive. Just for comparison, the E250 century sprint is 7.4s while the E200 is at 7.9s.

My honest opinions.. My dad had the current gen E250 saloon and after that got the cabriolet version.

Very awful to drive, the saloon is marginally better. When cornering, it feels like the car is going to roll over on its sides. The flat seats aren't very helpful in holding your body as well. The gear shifts are slow and slightly retarded in the 7G-Tronic, usually in a mind of its own, sometimes not sure to upshift or downshift.

Sure, it looks nice for a towkay car, very comfortable, decent space, nice interior design and materials used. It's meant as a cruiser.. if you are an enthusiast when it comes to car and driving, the E-class saloon will disappoint you almost instantly.

• Praise 1

Bro ... it is NOT the same.

The older ES was a glorified Camry but this newer ES is modelled after the Toyota Avalon which we don't have in Singapore though if a PI brought it in ... I am sure it will be a hit!

http://www.toyota.com/avalon/

Check it out ...

WOW!WOW!WOW....

I'ts a beautiful car man......

Any chance BM will bring it in to our shore...it sure will be a hit over here and give Camry a good competition... [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

My honest opinions.. My dad had the current gen E250 saloon and after that got the cabriolet version.

Very awful to drive, the saloon is marginally better. When cornering, it feels like the car is going to roll over on its sides. The flat seats aren't very helpful in holding your body as well. The gear shifts are slow and slightly retarded in the 7G-Tronic, usually in a mind of its own, sometimes not sure to upshift or downshift.

Sure, it looks nice for a towkay car, very comfortable, decent space, nice interior design and materials used. It's meant as a cruiser.. if you are an enthusiast when it comes to car and driving, the E-class saloon will disappoint you almost instantly.

Agree, well said.

WOW!WOW!WOW....

I'ts a beautiful car man......

Any chance BM will bring it in to our shore...it sure will be a hit over here and give Camry a good competition... [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

I doubt Avalon will make it here. It is V6 3.5L FWD. BM will not want to introduce an internal competitor to their Lexus ES and GS ranges, and take away sales from their own big margin luxury brand.

nice right? I'm quite besottled with this model...

Wait till you drive one (E250 / 350 coupe).. Then compare with competitor models such as BMW 420i / 428i Grancoupe (2 door version).

agree. merc looks sibei swee until you drive it ... lol

harlow ... grancoupe is 4 doors leh ...

Wait till you drive one (E250 / 350 coupe).. Then compare with competitor models such as BMW 420i / 428i Grancoupe (2 door version).

Edited by Wt_know

E200 Advantgarde or Lexus ES250 which more durable ( less visiting workshop ) and lower cost to maintain ? Most of my friend said European car always comes with high cost like often visit workshop and higher cost to maintain than Japanese made . Prices different by about 30K and which one gives better value ?

My answer: Camry ! :D

Actually 420 and 428 are not exactly equivalent versions as they are meant as replacement for the 3 series coupe. BMW does not have a coupe equivalent for 5 series. Anyway having said that, I do like the 420/428 very much but they are very new models and mainly available as brand new or less than 1 yr old in resale market and hence extremely expensive which I cannot afford. The E class coupe have plenty of units in the resale market and at more affordable depn to me.

↡ Advertisement