Lazada good deals lobang!

TVT

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Is the power supply still working? Maybe just power supply failed.

There is power, as I can see the standby red light blinking. And there's clicking sound from the PCB board within. This started a couple of days ago, but still managed to turn on, until this morning. It has good display with brilliant colors. Too bad the life is short.

↡ Advertisement

22 minutes ago, Didu said:

There is power, as I can see the standby red light blinking. And there's clicking sound from the PCB board within. This started a couple of days ago, but still managed to turn on, until this morning. It has good display with brilliant colors. Too bad the life is short.

Just get a new one, not worth repairing.

Sell the spoilt set off. I sold my LG one to a guy.

• Praise 4

8 hours ago, Didu said:

Quite old. It's built in DTV is older version that is not compatible with our DVB-T2. I had to use a TV box to connect via HDMI.

Should be over 6yrs old since no DVB-T2.. just buy new one. U going for Samsung again?

8 hours ago, Didu said:

typical of samsung TV. they just don't last.

12 hours ago, Didu said:

Today my Samsung TV refuse to turn on.  [confused] Manual power switch also not working. Main switch power recycle also did not help. Haiz.... Looks like up lorry liao.

Temporarily moved my bedroom TV over. 

So coincidence I in similar situation as u just few weeks earlier. 

Called up a repairman fr Carousell with good reviews to my house this Wednesday. Fr same symptom of standby LED ok but cannot power up, estimation $3xx if need to replace power PCB of the Philip's 65" TV. If decided not to go ahead, just pay $60. I thinking to repair as getting replacement easily add another $1k to $2k. Time is bad so being cautious haha.

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Your MIL still watching that TV?

It has becum her spare 😁

A relative has a 47 as donor...but becos of failing eyesight, she sits even closer making it a 65...🤪

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Tkseah said:

Should be over 6yrs old since no DVB-T2.. just buy new one. U going for Samsung again?

I guess not. The longest lasting TV my family experienced is Sony.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
10 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Just get a new one, not worth repairing.

Sell the spoilt set off. I sold my LG one to a guy.

Still can sell? How much are spoilt sets worth?

2 minutes ago, Didu said:

Depends on size n model.. some people buy to repair and or for spare parts.  But I think old non DVB-T2 models not much value. My BIL recently bought new Sony TV trade in working old 40" non DVB-T2 FHD model they only offer $15. I think he could have sold it on Carousel for more.. 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Didu said:

I guess not. The longest lasting TV my family experienced is Sony.

These days TVs no longer last 10+ years like last time.  Nowadays can last 5+ years seems to be the norm.  For Sony I find their Android smart menu not as user friendly as Samsung or LG.

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Didu said:

Few years back...$50. 🤣

Check Carousell bro.

13 hours ago, Didu said:

Quite old. It's built in DTV is older version that is not compatible with our DVB-T2. I had to use a TV box to connect via HDMI.

should be like 5 years or more.

I have a Panasonic LED which had a built in digital tuner. But non DVBT2 so bought the antenna and box from shopee.

if you are looking for value for money, maybe can look at TCL ? Giant is selling. 

5 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

typical of samsung TV. they just don't last.

my friend bought a clearance model Philips last year. Within 6 months got line down the middle.

1 - 1 exchange for newer model cos his model was discontinued.

personal experience with Panasonic is quite good. one plasma  and one LED still going strong, both got teletext one. [:p]

Edited by Blueray
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5