Pioneer AVH-X8750BT

Leelk

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

After reading everyone's posts, I'm looking to install the AVH-X8750BT in my Honda Stream. Can any recommend a good installer that can also install front and rear cam? Would be great if they also good at complete repaint of car with new colour and leather reupholstering of seats or have associated workshop that does it.

I have a Samsung Note 3 and waiting for Lollipop 5.0 upgrade which is being rolled out. Wife using iPhone 6+. We will both use the HU when we take turns driving the car.

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

hi senior bros,

my PI charging me $500 to upgade to BT 8750 from 2750bt.. Please advise if it's worth it?? I been reading, besides the apps and screen... is it all worth it? The thread fills with andriod issues... but I'm using IOS..

Does it play CD?

Also seems like i have to tell the installer where to put the cables??

Gosh..

any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

It has a CD player that you can play CD. 8750 support Apple Carplay also, if you are big fan of apple. It integrate well with the Siri, at least Siri recognise my local slang! haha!

$500 is a bit too much, make sure you check whether this is local set. My top up was $350, but export set.

If you don't tell the installer where to put the cables they will normally lay it into the gloves compartment. So better give them clear instruction, they will not know how you want to use the cable - to them that cable is just for USB thumb-drive.

Does the AVH-8750BT have multitouch?

Any bugs or anything you dislike about this head unit?

Anyone tried using a 256GB SDXC card loaded with FLAC files?

Feedback from Android Auto or Carplay users on what works and does not work?

Have you tried the FLAC files?

I have just tried the Apple Looseless format, cannot recognize. Quite disappointed with this.

Neutral Newbie

It has a CD player that you can play CD. 8750 support Apple Carplay also, if you are big fan of apple. It integrate well with the Siri, at least Siri recognise my local slang! haha!

$500 is a bit too much, make sure you check whether this is local set. My top up was $350, but export set.

If you don't tell the installer where to put the cables they will normally lay it into the gloves compartment. So better give them clear instruction, they will not know how you want to use the cable - to them that cable is just for USB thumb-drive.

Have you tried the FLAC files?

I have just tried the Apple Looseless format, cannot recognize. Quite disappointed with this.

Thank you. Not sure how many outputs (ie. HDMI USB it has).. where you guys put the ports?

Also, thanks for the tips.. export set, got difference bor?

I understand vezel has usb ports behind too...

I hope to get my COE coming bid. :P need to tell them soon.

Thank you. Not sure how many outputs (ie. HDMI USB it has).. where you guys put the ports?

Also, thanks for the tips.. export set, got difference bor?

I understand vezel has usb ports behind too...

I hope to get my COE coming bid. :P need to tell them soon.

Export set no warranty lor, risky.....

8750 has two USB ports and one hdmi port. Default package come with one USB cable only. So you can supply another USB cable and hdmi cable to the installer, then tell them where to leave the cable.

Dash mount USB port is available as accessories. Need to hunt for it.

There is a new firmware for AVH-X8750BT dated April.

Is this the default firmware in the retail package?

Anyone seen the change log?

(edited)

There is a new firmware for AVH-X8750BT dated April.

Is this the default firmware in the retail package?

Anyone seen the change log?

Firmware Update (version 1.03) for AVH-X8750BT Receiver

15 April, 2015

Dear Valued Pioneer Customer:

We would like to inform you of the availability of a firmware update (version 1.03) for Pioneer AVH-X8750BT in-dash receiver. This firmware update should be applied only to AVH-X8750BT unit sold in the Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Vietnam. Installation on any other product could cause irreversible damage.

This firmware update (version 1.03) contains the following improvements:

• - Fixed a pop noise problem while playing a music file in SD

• - Minor bug fixes

In order to perform this update, the following items are needed:

• Pioneer in-Dash unit: AVH-X8750BT

• One of the following storage devices with at least 2 GB of storage capacity, formatted to FAT32:

- USB storage device

- SD card

Steps to install the firmware are attached. Installation of the update should take no more than ten minutes to

complete.

How to Obtain the Free Firmware Update:

1. Download the firmware update files to a computer from the Pioneer website: http://www.pioneer.com.sg/sg/support/firmware/index.html/

2. Transfer the files to an SD memory card or USB storage device for insertion into the AVH-X8700BT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any owner updated the new firmware please share experience.

Thank you.

Edited by Leelk

Neutral Newbie

was eyeing on this HU but noticed your comment that it doesn't support Apple Lossless format, that's a big blow as most of the audio files are in that format ... does anyone know which HU support Apple Lossless format?

Neutral Newbie

nobody knows?

I never try before with 64gb thumb drive, but I have been try use a 500gb external hard drive and it works normally. I think with 64 gb it looks works fine. cmiiw

<p> Firmware Update (version 1.03) for AVH-X8750BT Receiver 15 April, 2015 Dear Valued Pioneer Customer: We would like to inform you of the availability of a firmware update (version 1.03) for Pioneer AVH-X8750BT in-dash receiver. This firmware update should be applied only to AVH-X8750BT unit sold in the Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Vietnam. Installation on any other product could cause irreversible damage. This firmware update (version 1.03) contains the following improvements:

• - Fixed a pop noise problem while playing a music file in SD
  • - Minor bug fixes In order to perform this update, the following items are needed:
  • Pioneer in-Dash unit: AVH-X8750BT
  • One of the following storage devices with at least 2 GB of storage capacity, formatted to FAT32: - USB storage device - SD cardSteps to install the firmware are attached. Installation of the update should take no more than ten minutes to complete. How to Obtain the Free Firmware Update:
  • Download the firmware update files to a computer from the Pioneer website: http://www.pioneer.com.sg/sg/support/firmware/index.html/
  • Transfer the files to an SD memory card or USB storage device for insertion into the AVH-X8700BT.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Any owner updated the new firmware please share experience. Thank you.

Up liao lor. Nothing special.

All my setting still remain.

Stupid Pioneer DV1750 dvbt2 keep giving me problem.

Keep resetting on its own. Change 3 set liao.

Neutral Newbie

I never try before with 64gb thumb drive, but I have been try use a 500gb external hard drive and it works normally. I think with 64 gb it looks works fine. cmiiw

thanks

was eyeing on this HU but noticed your comment that it doesn't support Apple Lossless format, that's a big blow as most of the audio files are in that format ... does anyone know which HU support Apple Lossless format?

It support AAC the loosy format, not looseless.

For looseless format, it supports only FLAC. Alpine doesn't even support FLAC.

Neutral Newbie

It support AAC the loosy format, not looseless.

For looseless format, it supports only FLAC. Alpine doesn't even support FLAC.

Thanks Leelk

Neutral Newbie

Just upgrade my old X5650BT to AVH-X8750BT, but all DIXV file can not read and play on X8750BT which can play via USB on my old X5650BT.

I also converted the video to MKV (H264 and AAC codec) with any resolution start 320x240, 640x360, 640x480, 720x480 but all resolution can not detect/read and playing on my new X8750BT.

Any suggestion?

Is there some sample working file (MKV/DIVX/AVI/MP4 video) which I can download and try on my X8750BT?

Thanks

(edited)

Just upgrade my old X5650BT to AVH-X8750BT, but all DIXV file can not read and play on X8750BT which can play via USB on my old X5650BT.

I also converted the video to MKV (H264 and AAC codec) with any resolution start 320x240, 640x360, 640x480, 720x480 but all resolution can not detect/read and playing on my new X8750BT.

Any suggestion?

Is there some sample working file (MKV/DIVX/AVI/MP4 video) which I can download and try on my X8750BT?

Thanks

I use 32gb SD card.

All my previous dixv can play leh.

Mkv also can leh.

Now I dun convert to divx anymore as it support mkv and avi.

Edited by Gdspd08

Neutral Newbie

Hi anyone experiencing this head unit restarting on it's own? And while playing SD card the unit stops after a while? Updated to the new firmware but problem still seems to be around

Neutral Newbie

For those asking how carplay works:

You do not need any other cable except your apple lightning cable plugged in usb1 of 8650/8750 for it to work. Just make sure your smart phone settings in your 8650/8750 is under usb and not digital av.

In 8650 carplay will not work with your digital av adapter(hdmi+lightning), that is solely for appradio mode.

Just plug your iphone and your 8650/8750 will automatically launch carplay.

To access siri by voice command, just make sure in your iphone settings that siri can be activated by turning on "hey siri" (plugged in usb)

You can likewise activate siri by pressing contacts and messages from the headunit and siri will ask who would you like to call or message.

Even if you are not in

and just in pioneers main os, you can still use siri, by pressing a dedicated button to call siri or simply say hey siri as well (plugged in usb)

No, hdmi sends digital signal, does not matter if its $5 or a $100 hdmi cable, the video quality will be the same.

Can lightning cable support video playing?

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone,

Need some help with the pioneer unit, has anyone knows how do we turn off the 'beep' sound whenever we touch the button to change mode, channel etc? it is loud and annoying. Thanks

↡ Advertisement